Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:53:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2021: Paedoph with the England test team

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 06, 2021, 04:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcoop

So George Dobell is leaving cricinfo, as a result of "Different visions for the future and different journalistic values".

Given he's one of the few English cricket journalists that isn't adverse to criticising the ECB or the BCCI I think it demonstrates exactly where we are in terms of the media's reporting of the game in 2021. The gaslighting will continue.

Inspector Norse

I see that Jadeja, Bumrah and Thakur had all sufficiently recovered from their mental health issues to play an IPL game yesterday alongside a bunch of players who'd flown in from all around the world, a game they would have missed had they stayed in England for the last test and sat out the isolation period upon returning to India thereafter. Great news that they are feeling so much better!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

An absolute pisstake and genuinely harmful to people with real mental health issues to have it used like a convenient prop then disregarded.

Inspector Norse

Looks like the Chelmsford groundsman is getting called into the boss's office first thing tomorrow.

Sam Cook has match figures of 9-26 after just one day.

gilbertharding

Pranet

Been watching the Lancashire game. Bloody hell.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Pranet on September 23, 2021, 05:30:07 PM
Been watching the Lancashire game. Bloody hell.

had it on my phone while I was giving a lecture, nearly shat myself

Pranet

Wouldn't rule Warwickshire out tomorrow. The pitch has been flat, but it will be the fourth day and Somerset's batting recently has been abysmal. They are very capable of getting themselves all out in a couple of hours if they put their minds to it. So the title could still be Warwickshire's.

sevendaughters

yeah I would have them as favs because Somerset have been abject, but it looks like a batting deck. Obviously Woakesy and Bresnany know what a good area is.

Gurke and Hare

Fucking hell Somerset, stop losing wickets you massive dicks.

sevendaughters

long way to go with no punch for Somerset. sigh.

Inspector Norse

Somerset lost more wickets since lunch than Surrey have in two full days

sevendaughters

Quote from: Inspector Norse on September 24, 2021, 01:58:59 PM
Somerset lost more wickets since lunch than Surrey have in two full days

absolutely love end of season cuntabout cricket

Inspector Norse

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 24, 2021, 02:06:40 PM
absolutely love end of season cuntabout cricket

Glamorgan have let literally everyone except the keeper have a bowl, 2 of the 3 Surrey wickets to fall went to the blone who'd never taken one before.

Harry Badger

Andrew Salter just celebrated bowling a maiden over like he'd taken a wicket

mikeyg27

Lancashire famously capitulated to 11/3 and then shook hands on a draw in the final hour's play to hand Nottinghamshire the title and fuck over Somerset in 2010, so this would just be sweet sweet payback.

Pranet

Be nice to think that that is what they were thinking, but tbh I think they are just awful. 2nd half of the season looks like something happened. Abject. I couldn't really claim to be a supporter but they are the county I have the softest spot for and it has been depressing. God knows how the proper fans are bearing up.

sevendaughters

Bears deserved it over the season. I love this new format and hope they keep it. Probably Lancs' best chance for a while as Davies is leaving and Saq will probably be in an England shirt next summer.

Pranet

Pity in that yesterday's game felt like it should be a title decider, rather than the gentle push at the rotten door of Somerset's batting order that happened today. Though I suppose Lancashire got their chance to do that a couple of weeks ago.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Inspector Norse on September 24, 2021, 02:23:30 PM
Glamorgan have let literally everyone except the keeper have a bowl, 2 of the 3 Surrey wickets to fall went to the bloke who'd never taken one before.

And the fourth wicket, Ollie Pope for 274, also went to a bloke with no previous wickets to his name. Wonder if that's a record, 75% of wickets in an innings being to declaration bowlers.

I'm a childhood Lancs fan so a little nostalgically disappointed at their late failure, but living abroad for 15 years I've been pretty emotionally detached from the county game so well done Warwickshire, good to see a dramatic finale at least.

Pranet

Wonder how much effort will go into the Bob Willis Trophy? It worked last year because of the sort of conference set up but seems superfluous this year. Also it will end in October. The Hampshire commentator on the stream yesterday was saying that the one good thing about Hampshire losing would be that he wouldn't have to go it. Can't see either team being arsed.

Pranet

T20 from Nepal on Freesports right now if you are that way inclined.

Pranet

Rain delay with calming music from Nepal now.

Edit: Boo. Showing Spanish football highlights instead.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Pranet on September 24, 2021, 05:01:12 PM
Wonder how much effort will go into the Bob Willis Trophy? It worked last year because of the sort of conference set up but seems superfluous this year. Also it will end in October. The Hampshire commentator on the stream yesterday was saying that the one good thing about Hampshire losing would be that he wouldn't have to go it. Can't see either team being arsed.

I'd like Lancs to go full Khmer Rouge, pick Anderson, etc. But probably will be a beer match over in two days as it hoops around corners at Lords.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Inspector Norse

A player who sums up the problems with English cricket over the last few years: he could have been a very good batter who could support the spinners on the subcontinent, but instead they spent years mucking around trying to turn him into an opener, a frontline bowler, a lower-order short-form basher and whatnot, and the end result was that his game went to pot. He has a lot of goodwill by virtue of being a great bunch of lads by all accounts, but his performances have been X-rated for a good while now.

sevendaughters

I saw Moeen hit a beautiful classical batsman's innings for the Pears at Old Trafford against the then-best attack in English cricket. Not seen that guy since he donned the sacred ECB tabard.