Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:33:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2021: Paedoph with the England test team

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 06, 2021, 04:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: Pranet on September 26, 2021, 09:05:06 AM
T20 from Nepal on Freesports right now if you are that way inclined.

They had T20 from South Efrica on later.

poo

gilbertharding

Quote from: jobotic on September 27, 2021, 11:50:53 AM
They had T20 from South Efrica on later.

I caught bits and pieces of Zimbabwe v Afghanistan on Freesports over the summer. I guess that's the last we'll see of that for a while.

king_tubby

Lancs 12 for 5, don't think this will be going to 5 days.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

57-8.

Seems these collapses are more and more common.

No Jimmy Anderson for Lancs? I think his last match for them was the 1,000th wicket one in early July.

Pranet

Looks like the season might be over by October after all....

We have been lucky with the weather this September but it is miserable today.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cuellar

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Should have forefeited the first innings and Mike Brearley'd the cunts.

sevendaughters

Pranet

Anyone seen anything about this European Cricket Championship going on at the moment? I've not seen any of it- it is on BT sport and when I found a stream the other day it was dodgy so I gave up.

There is an England XI of fairly decent players- all from the Minor Counties, and some of them have played for  county sides even this year in T20 or one day cricket- so I'd assume they'd be ridiculously over powered for the tournament but they did manage to lose against Italy the other day.

Obviously most if not all of the European players are ex pats but googling  a few at random it does not seem like they are all ex pros flown in and allocated to a team at random which I wondered could the case.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

England possibly playing Netherlands in some odis next year so I might stay nearby, UTRECHT or AMERSFOORT, not AMSTERDAM like you AMERSTHOUGHT.

Lancashire, aided by bad light, scrape the game into October but are on course for a record defeat, beating the old mark that was set in 1950 v West Indies.

Pranet

Just noticed Freesports are showing some T20 World Cup warm up games. Just had Namibia beating Scotland on in the back ground while I had breakfast, Oman v Sri Lanka is on this afternoon, and UAE Ireland on early tomorrow.

badaids

Ashes squad names after they toyed with trying to not go. Let's just say that quite a few of the players should avoid taking their computers to PC World for some tech support. Worst Ashes squad since the 94/95 disaster?

Thursday

BBC reporting that are England are taking their "Strongest Available Squad"... well yeah that's technically true.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Thursday on October 10, 2021, 03:01:03 PM
BBC reporting that are England are taking their "Strongest Available Squad"... well yeah that's technically true.

Australia bigging the England team up because there's a commercial imperative. The combo of covid restrictions, suppressed interest in Aussie test team with sandpaper cunt gate and perhaps 40 year low in England test cricket standards makes this a series for the ages.

I bet the Aussie batsmen looked at Anderson, Broad, Woakes, Robinson and fucking Overton and just laughed.

That's before you get to the point that they only fear Root and Stokes and definitely don't fear Root in Australia. Stokes is their Botham. They are genuinely in awe of him because Australia don't produce test quality Allrounders of that nature. The heroic, Botham, Flintoff, Stokes type. He is not there. We're fucked.

This is a low quality series where Australia need to only be in third gear to dick England big time.

Pranet

There is something particularly depressing about an ashes winter, getting up in the dark to find out how godawful England have been overnight.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Thursday on October 10, 2021, 03:01:03 PM

was genuinely annoyed by that article, no names posted up, just some fluff quote. this country.

poo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Pretty incredible performance by Scotland.

Btw can anyone make head or tail of the table and T20 WC format? Might be being thick...

rjd2

With a total of 45 matches, the T20 World Cup will be composed of two rounds. Round 1 will include twelve matches between eight teams (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Ireland, Netherlands, Scotland, Namibia, Oman and Papua New Guinea) from which four teams will progress to the Super 12s.[57] The Super 12s, scheduled to start from 24 October 2021, will consist of 30 matches between the four teams from Round 1 and the top eight ranked T20I teams. Those teams will be split into two groups of six each. This will be followed by the two semi-finals and then the final.[5] On 16 July 2021, the ICC confirmed the groups for the tournament,[58] which were decided on the rankings of the teams as of 20 March 2021.[59] On 17 August 2021, the ICC confirmed the final fixtures for the tournament including the first round and super 12 matches.

Bangla prepared some absolute shitheaps for Australia and New Zealand which was great banter, but long term utterly pointless as these pitches were never going to be like that.

Its a very interesting group now, Oman are pretty handy so everyone bar PNG are in the running.

Pranet

Just noticed that next year the county championship is going back to 2 divisions. 10 in division 1, 8 in division 2, so division 1 will be lopsided- in that you won't play everyone twice. And the division split will be based on the end of 2019 season. I got the impression that there was going to be another year of conferences with the split into divisions in 2023 based on the performances in 2022.

And going back to the T20, someone has just taken 4 wickets in a row for Ireland.

rjd2

Curtis!

Their was huge concern over last few years regarding the future of Irish cricket with Porterfield, Murtagh, Boyd and O Brien brothers coming to the end, but beginning to see some handy players coming through such as Campher and this Delany lad who bats at 4.

Obviously though the problem is they play so little cricket against decent opposition as the domestic league is no use and have to rely on those who tour England in the Summer to throw them a game here and their.

Same for Scotland sadly.

Harry Badger

England's fully DBS-checked T20 team now in action in a warmup against India. Already looking like a runfest.

rjd2

Scotland showing no mercy to PNG here. They should get through to the next stage bar something absurd v Omannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Chedney Honks

England playing pretty bad in this warm up game against the Kiwis. Roy, Livingstone, Morgan, Malan all awful. That said, Buttler reamed them. Bairstow did OK. Hell of a batting line up. If they all fire at the same time, we can score 400.