Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:38:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When will The Rolling Stones end?

Started by Butchers Blind, August 06, 2021, 10:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Mick Jagger looks like a leather muppet

iamcoop

I recently finished reading Stanley Booth's "The True Adventures of The Rolling Stones" and Charlie's the only one who comes out of it looking like a decent and fairly normal guy. (Apart from Mick Taylor but that doesn't count as he's barely mentioned at all).

It's quite remarkable how totally indifferent to everything he seemed to be during their years of mayhem. Just sat at the back looking bemused when 1000 seater theatres were getting smashed up by screaming teenage girls all around him. Seemed like a good lad.

gilbertharding

Quote from: iamcoop on August 26, 2021, 11:40:34 AM
I recently finished reading Stanley Booth's "The True Adventures of The Rolling Stones" and Charlie's the only one who comes out of it looking like a decent and fairly normal guy. (Apart from Mick Taylor but that doesn't count as he's barely mentioned at all).

It's quite remarkable how totally indifferent to everything he seemed to be during their years of mayhem. Just sat at the back looking bemused when 1000 seater theatres were getting smashed up by screaming teenage girls all around him. Seemed like a good lad.

Cracking book that - I remember borrowing that from the library when it when it first came out, when I was an impressionable twenty-something Rolling Stones fanboy. Luckily, although I still found the music and the image immensely attractive, I found all the lifestyle stuff - especially the Brian Jones story - repellent. I bought a copy a few years ago, and found it holds up pretty well. Far better than Philip Norman's effort.

Custard

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUPw4f9qW_S

Bit cringey, but fair fucks to him for being so sprightly at the age of 471

I'm nowhere near as fast moving and lithe, at fucking 42

Butchers Blind

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 26, 2021, 01:45:58 AM
Mick Jagger was not born in 1550

Aye, it was 1548. He always lies about his age.

greenman

In the village of Glenfinnan  on the shore of loch Shiel.

The Mollusk

The cunt was pouting and going "aoowuuuu" as soon as he wriggled out of the primordial ooze and millions of years later he was the first snake to grow hips.

non capisco

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 26, 2021, 11:11:53 AM
The cunt was pouting and going "aoowuuuu" as soon as he wriggled out of the primordial ooze

Dartford's not that bad.

Butchers Blind

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Famous Mortimer

My mate has gone to see them tonight (I'm picking them up after the show in a few hours) so I'll let you know.

chveik

Custard

They should get Ringo

BLOW PEOPLE'S MIIIIINDS

Butchers Blind

They're not going to play Brown Sugar anymore as the lyrics are iffy.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/rolling-stones-retire-brown-sugar-25204757

They still have enough songs and living members to continue - for now.

kalowski

Still to me one of those songs where the offensive lines "just like a young girl should" are sung by a character, the "scarred old slaver". I mean, they have hundreds of songs so can play what they like but I don't think this is "something out of a dystopian horror film or a tale of 19th century-era evil" as Ian Brennan wrote in the Chicago Tribune.

lazyhour

QuoteGold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
Sold in the market down in New Orleans
Skydog slaver knows he's doin' all right
Hear him whip the women just around midnight

Brown Sugar, how come you taste so good
Brown Sugar, just like a young girl should

Drums beatin' cold, English blood runs hot
Lady of the house wonderin' when it's gonna stop
House boy knows that he's doin' all right
You should have heard him just around midnight

Brown Sugar, how come you taste so good?
Brown Sugar, how come you dance so good?
Brown Sugar, just like a black girl should

I bet your mama was a tent show queen
And all her boyfriends were sweet 16
I'm no school boy but I know what I like
You should have heard them just around midnight

Brown Sugar, how come you taste so good

Not totally convinced it's all sung in character tbh

jobotic

Have any Tory MPs declared loudly that they will no longer be going to see The Ramones after this woke outrage?

gilbertharding

It's interesting to compare the Rolling Stones in general with the recent phew-rory over Jesy Nelson, and that.

iamcoop

So the tickets are out for the U.K leg of their tour. Prices range from £300 to be at the front to £90 to be right at the back and top of the stadium (in this case Anfield).

I mean, how much fucking money do they need? Really?

The Mollusk

Going to see The Rolling Stones in the 21st century isn't a gig like an actual proper gig, it's a social media/dating profile moment, paying for the privilege of saying you were there. Like posing with a sedated tiger except instead it's four sedated apes.

imitationleather

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I've seen the Stones twice. This probably goes without saying, but they're a really good live band. A wee bit sloppy at times, but that's part of their rock 'n' roll charm, innit Andy?

Anyway, the last time I saw them, Keef got a big cheer from the crowd when he casually sparked up a fag. It was simultaneously the most ridiculous and endearing act of Sticking It To The Man rebellion I have ever seen. He doesn't give a fuck, that Keith Richards! He's openly defying the smoking ban!

Goldentony

are they going to do 2000 Man? i'm not far from there, i'll try and jump the fence if they play 2000 Man

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I think one of them will die onstage during this tour.

Butchers Blind

Do you get a refund if one of them dies before or during? You've paid for three Rolling Stones but only two make it to the stage.

gilbertharding

Menu

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on August 07, 2021, 01:00:07 PMIsn't he a bit mentally fucked and often hearing voices that taunt him that he's going to mess up in front of all those people watching him?

Yes but Mike's now left the band.