News:

"At Christmas I no more desire a rose Than wish a snow in May's new-fangled mirth; But like of each thing that in season grows."


Why are the Tories so keen for people to take the vaccine?

Started by Wanking Monk of Kefalonia, August 08, 2021, 01:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The Tory government are really, really, REALLY desperate for people to take the COVID vaccines - is that because they're deeply concerned about public health? They obviously don't give a shit about highlighting other factors which could reduce the risk of developing COVID-19 (making people aware that vitamins C and D are associated with a good immune system, that being overweight puts you at higher risk, etc.), their campaign is only geared towards getting everything that moves vaxxed.

So we have some of the most unscrupulous people in existence aggressively encouraging the population to take vaccines which, after careful consideration of the data, appear to be of limited use and have resulted in an alarming number of adverse reactions (https://yellowcard.ukcolumn.org/yellow-card-reports). Isn't it blazingly obvious that this policy is being pursued purely for political and financial gain?

Kelvin

Not sure what you're implying, but the obvious answer is that if everyone's vaxxed, there'll be no "excuse" not to go back to work and resume pumping money into the economy. 

Rev+

Well this is certainly a startling reinvention of the Wanking Monk character.  Did Boris have asparagus for dinner last night?

Milo

The Labour government in Wales and the SNP government in Scotland are really keen too.

vanilla.coffee

Quote from: Milo on August 08, 2021, 07:08:14 AM
The Labour government in Wales and the SNP government in Scotland are really keen too.

And other countries. They're governments are really keen too.

vanilla.coffee

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on August 08, 2021, 01:12:59 AM
The Tory government are really, really, REALLY desperate for people to take the COVID vaccines - is that because they're deeply concerned about public health? They obviously don't give a shit about highlighting other factors which could reduce the risk of developing COVID-19 (making people aware that vitamins C and D are associated with a good immune system, that being overweight puts you at higher risk, etc.), their campaign is only geared towards getting everything that moves vaxxed.

So we have some of the most unscrupulous people in existence aggressively encouraging the population to take vaccines which, after careful consideration of the data, appear to be of limited use and have resulted in an alarming number of adverse reactions (https://yellowcard.ukcolumn.org/yellow-card-reports). Isn't it blazingly obvious that this policy is being pursued purely for political and financial gain?

I had my first AZ in March. One week later I started to experience panic attacks and acute anxiety. Episodes were sometimes daily and even woke me from my sleep.
They started to become less frequent and after 6 weeks had stopped and I felt ok like it had never happened.
Middle of May I had my second AZ and within a week the panic attacks and acute anxiety had returned and is on going.

Prior to AZ and the COVID drama in general I'd never had anxiety or panic attacks before.
Dr has since prescribed me Citalopram to calm the anxiety although I'm not entirely convinced they're helping but the 'episodes' are less frequent now. Once or twice a week - sometimes a whole week without an attack.

I don't know if what I'm experiencing is a mechanical side effect from AZ or a psychological one from people like you spreading fear amongst us by posting links to information about how many people have died after getting vaxxed.

I believe in your right to speak freely but you have a very negative effect on people like me.

Shoulders?-Stomach!


Kankurette

Why are you such a cunt?

Vanilla, the Monk pisses me off too because I'm disabled and he's made it clear he thinks disabled people are expendable. He clearly doesn't have any loved ones who are at extra risk if they get COVID - I'm not, thankfully but some of my family are. He also thinks that if you wear a mask or get a vaccine, you're a Tory. I don't get what his agenda is but he's not worth bothering with. Maybe he thinks COVID was created by the government to take away our freedoms, even though they don't need a disease to do that. Funnily enough, some of the most vocal anti-maskers are right-wing. Fox, Farage, Hopkins etc.

mothman

If Johnson told people not to jump off cliffs, would Monk do it?

Kankurette


buttgammon

QuoteYou are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Wank off.

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on August 08, 2021, 07:26:38 AM
And other countries. They're governments are really keen too.

The medical and scentific comunity also seem very keen too.


Kankurette

Why are the far right so keen for people not to take the vaccine?

steveh

I assume antivaxers must have a view on the side-effects of placebos. 33% of those who took a placebo in the Pfizer trials felt fatigued, 34% reported headaches.

Has also been reported that half of those who are unvaccinated have a fear of needles so perhaps some of the finding other excuses for not getting the vaccine is really related to that.

Bernice

The vaccines work and stop people dying.

Happy to help.

mothman

Quote from: Kankurette on August 08, 2021, 11:40:48 AM
Why are the far right so keen for people not to take the vaccine?

They got tremendously excited about the virus killing more black and Asian people, it's the closest they'll ever get to doing a genocide themselves, so vaccinating people is really just spoiling their fun.

Cold Meat Platter

Yawn. More of this pish.
Tories encourage people to get vaccinated: CONSPIRACY
If Tories were to urge people NOT to get vaccinated: CONSPIRACY

Unless you have proof that the vaccine is malicious stop spreading FUD you wally USE WINDOWS USE WINDOWS

BUY FROM AMAZON

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: mothman on August 08, 2021, 02:49:55 PM
They got tremendously excited about the virus killing more black and Asian people, it's the closest they'll ever get to doing a genocide themselves, so vaccinating people is really just spoiling their fun.

And disabled people as well. I'm sure a lot of people on the far right have the same view of the disabled as Hitler.

Dex Sawash


flotemysost

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on August 08, 2021, 01:12:59 AM
after careful consideration of the data

That's good and all, but have you tried

careful consideration of other people's desire to not die/not be saddled with life-changing long COVID symptoms/to be able to see their vulnerable loved ones


it'll blow your mind, honestly

chveik

antivax vs vax is such a stupid culture war, and sadly it doesn't only involve obvious idiots like our monk*. dunno how we can get out of it.

*little hint: anticapitalism vs capitalism is the only war worth fighting


Old Thrashbarg

Yeah, just why do people who have a vested interest in as much money as possible changing hands as often as possible (because some of it inevitably finds its way into their possession) want people to receive a vaccination that reduces the impact of a virus that has caused lockdowns, and therefore reduced spending, worldwide? Beats me.

Kankurette

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 08, 2021, 03:59:01 PM
And disabled people as well. I'm sure a lot of people on the far right have the same view of the disabled as Hitler.
COVID has made it very fucking obvious just how little a lot of Brits think of the disabled. "Who cares if a bunch of cripples die, I want to go the pub, me me me, waaaah."

hamfist


Quote from: flotemysost on August 08, 2021, 06:05:35 PM
That's good and all, but have you tried

careful consideration of other people's desire to not die/not be saddled with life-changing long COVID symptoms/to be able to see their vulnerable loved ones


it'll blow your mind, honestly

I work for AZ. Regarding COVID, in the worst case scenario, you end up with blood clots in the lungs, which are treatable. With the vaccine - without going into technicalities - you could end up with blood clots in the brain. Why are you prepared to risk that for a avaricious fuckstain like Boris Johnson?


Quote from: chveik on August 08, 2021, 07:40:50 PM
antivax vs vax is such a stupid culture war, and sadly it doesn't only involve obvious idiots like our monk*. dunno how we can get out of it.

*little hint: anticapitalism vs capitalism is the only war worth fighting

I'm not 'antivax' - some vaccines are worth taking. Pfizer and AstraZeneca are interested in making a profit, and will do so even if it means flogging a harmful, pointless product. Are you this bloody naive?

chveik


Quote from: chveik on August 09, 2021, 03:27:04 AM
holy fuckin shit

Yes it's obvious, and it's being done at the behest of utter cunts. Johnson et al. don't care that it's causing awful adverse effects.