Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:39:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ray Harryhausen

Started by Chedney Honks, August 11, 2021, 10:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Clash Of The Titans (1981) - Well good lord if this isn't an absolutely bizarre old thing of a movie, messy and really inconsistent, sometimes the dialogue sings (mostly when the immortals are on screen, with Maggie Smith getting to say things like "He even tried to ravish me disguised as a cuttlefish" when talking about Zeus) but in other places it's clunky and Harry Hamlin's Perseus is lumped with some painfully bland speeches. The special effects by Ray Harryhausen are stunning, Pegasus and Medusa especially and the latter features in a really great scene, but then some of the non-Harryhausen effects are fairly poor and ugly, and at two hours it's overlong and milks certain moments for far too long. But despite all of its faults it is endearing stuff, and it's definitely a shame that we don't get films quite like this anymore. 7.6/10

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 19, 2021, 08:01:24 AM
This old DVD I've got is a delight but I've just seen how much it goes for online. Strewth!

Is that ray up top? I always pictured a mad scientist shed lord, not a sexy new wave dude