Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:30:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rob Brydon's hair

Started by beanheadmcginty, August 12, 2021, 02:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

There's a new YouTube video where Rob Brydon interviews Bob Mortimer over Zoom and Brydon's hair is Hollywood-level. He used to be rapidly balding like a normal person. He's clearly had something done but what? Plugs? Syrup? It's fairly convincing compared to someone like Steven Seagal.

Goldentony

fucking hell that looks like a plastic hat

The Bumlord

Hair transplant and not the first one. I don't think he's ever actually admitted to it as such.

Think it looks pretty good tbf

As I recall Coogan makes some sly reference to Brydon having had 'intervention' in the Trip.

MrsWarboysLover

Brydon references it in a roundabout way in The Trip as well.

There's a full episode in the second series of Annually Retentive that covers his impending baldness as I recall.

Tony Yeboah

There's a bit in Annually Retentive where he's trying to get the make-up artist to disguise his male pattern baldness.

dead-ced-dead

I honestly don't have a problem with ways to intervene balding, if you have the resources to do so. It looks less doll like on him than on Jude Law for example.

gilbertharding

I've looked into it. It isn't cheap.

No wonder he's taking the Kelloggs/P&O dollar.

jobotic

I'd do it, if I'd been chosen as the face of a cruise comapny.

The Culture Bunker

Sure Coogan was interviewed once and talked about The Trip and the two of them going over whether anything was off-limits, such as "Rob's hair".

Remember Wayne Rooney being very open about having it done, with a line like "I wanted it, I can afford it, so why not?"

gilbertharding

It amuses me when actors get it done. And other interventions.

You see Jimmy Nesbitt, for instance - playing an ordinary policeman who, somehow, is vain enough and rich enough to have hair transplants which no-one mentions. It's worse when it's fillers, or lifts, or botox. Basically, if it's obvious enough to notice, the other characters in the film ought to notice it too, and maybe have a gossip about it in a couple of scenes.

The Bumlord

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on August 12, 2021, 10:01:05 AM

Remember Wayne Rooney being very open about having it done, with a line like "I wanted it, I can afford it, so why not?"

Because it looks terrible Wayne!

Blue Jam

Didn't he say something on Twitter like "Either my hair has magically grown back or I've had a hair transplant"? In my memory he'd always been pretty open about it.

The dye job is ridiculous though. Hair goes grey more rapidly in different areas of the scalp, so I guess hair transplants have to be dyed to keep them looking even, but what's the point of getting one if it's going to end up looking unnatural anyway?

mippy

At least he didn't end up like Jimmy White.

RickyHamster

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on August 12, 2021, 09:45:16 AM
I honestly don't have a problem with ways to intervene balding, if you have the resources to do so. It looks less doll like on him than on Jude Law for example.

Jude needs to get a refund.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: gilbertharding on August 12, 2021, 10:06:26 AMYou see Jimmy Nesbitt, for instance - playing an ordinary policeman who, somehow, is vain enough and rich enough to have hair transplants which no-one mentions. It's worse when it's fillers, or lifts, or botox. Basically, if it's obvious enough to notice, the other characters in the film ought to notice it too, and maybe have a gossip about it in a couple of scenes.
My memory of Nesbitt was him saying he did it for his career, as going bald was costing him parts or whatever.

Quote from: Utterdrivel on August 12, 2021, 10:06:42 AM

Because it looks terrible Wayne!
I'm not sure any look would work for him, really. As Brian Clough said about John Robertson: "If one day, I felt a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn in comparison."

Echo Valley 2-6809

I remember some stand-up he did years ago - before he was on Live at the Apollo - where he bowed to the audience and self-mockingly put his hand over his head to conceal the obvious bald patch.

Any road, I think it looks pretty good - from the front anyway - and he seems to be taking care of his mush as well. Never know when America might call.

Blue Jam

Quote from: gilbertharding on August 12, 2021, 09:54:58 AM
I've looked into it. It isn't cheap.

Quote from: mippy on August 12, 2021, 10:19:00 AM
At least he didn't end up like Jimmy White.

Aye. There are some things you should never skimp on and cosmetic surgery is one of them.

Tony Yeboah

Brydon's a less evil Jimmy Carr.

The Bumlord

I'm really jealous of his outward level of confidence.

shiftwork2

I find him a very difficult man to like, but his hair looks ok I suppose.

Quote from: gilbertharding on August 12, 2021, 10:06:26 AM
It amuses me when actors get it done. And other interventions.

You see Jimmy Nesbitt, for instance - playing an ordinary policeman who, somehow, is vain enough and rich enough to have hair transplants which no-one mentions. It's worse when it's fillers, or lifts, or botox. Basically, if it's obvious enough to notice, the other characters in the film ought to notice it too, and maybe have a gossip about it in a couple of scenes.

Haha, yeah, I remember when Sue Johnston had it done in one of the later, shitter episodes of the royle family and you couldn't help thinking "where the fuck did barb get a load of money for terrible plastic surgery?" Always wondering if it was gonna get a mention and how they were gonna explain it away.

When the main part of your job is to express emotion through your face, but you have to make sure you fit inside that narrow range of what the industry deems young and presentable enough, there must be a fine line you have to balance on there. You daren't go too far and ruin your audition by reducing your range to "shock" and "dead eyed rictus grin".

To be fair to Rob, I didn't notice, and it looks good. Very Hugh Grant.

thundarrshirt

Rob Brydon's Hair < Gary Gilmore's Eyes

https://www.estenove.com/en/rob-brydon-hair-transplant/

He appears to be a case study on a hair transplant web site. Although I'm not sure he knows that.

Chollis

Quote from: There Be Rumblings on August 12, 2021, 05:59:58 PM
https://www.estenove.com/en/rob-brydon-hair-transplant/

He appears to be a case study on a hair transplant web site. Although I'm not sure he knows that.

hmm, i don't think so

QuoteMany people who are not want to be bald, the professors propose not to think too much for this one lifetime world and try to be happy and not endure in silence. Many people that work in the health-care area think the protection of mind-health as a pre-stage for all treatment. Studying in any stage of illness for any patient that has psychological or mental issues, the practice parts could be harder. The root-based treatment also the treatment for Bob Brydon, is done by keeping his morale high.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Good Ol' Bobby Brydon. He are not want to be bald for this one lifetime world.

Brundle-Fly

It was Terry Wogan's alleged toupee that was the elephant in the room in the 1980s. Rumours spread of him having three different ones of varying lengths to suggest growth and new haircuts. I think for old Tel, it was less about going bald and more about revealing his gigantic Tolkienesque ears.

DrGreggles

Mr Banlon

Pretty much everyone who has had a hair transplant has to use those shake'n'bake hair fibres on their noggin as well. Look at the state of Rooney's bonce before he dusts it with hair filings.
A lot of celebs who say they've had a transplant are just wearing toupees.