Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rob Brydon's hair

Started by beanheadmcginty, August 12, 2021, 02:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazyhour

Quote from: There Be Rumblings on August 12, 2021, 05:59:58 PM
https://www.estenove.com/en/rob-brydon-hair-transplant/

He appears to be a case study on a hair transplant web site. Although I'm not sure he knows that.

"Joining the chain of hair transplant of celebrities and getting successful results always has been motivated for those having trouble with baldness. In this way, they inspired men who are not willing to live on as a hairless."

😭

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: RickyHamster on August 12, 2021, 10:19:51 AM
Jude needs to get a refund.

I think that needs to be shaved off, unless he's going for the mad scientist look.

PlanktonSideburns

Going method for the lars ulrich biopic

PlanktonSideburns

Also, jude looks great as a hairless

imitationleather

He looks like he's about to portray Kelsey Grammer's bad years in a biopic.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 12, 2021, 06:28:14 PM
It was Terry Wogan's alleged toupee that was the elephant in the room in the 1980s. Rumours spread of him having three different ones of varying lengths to suggest growth and new haircuts. I think for old Tel, it was less about going bald and more about revealing his gigantic Tolkienesque blank.

beanheadmcginty

Someone should tweet that to Bob. I think he'd enjoy it.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on August 13, 2021, 03:04:21 AM

Lookalikes for these two, please ( Glebe's usually good at this sort of thing).
The picture on the left shows what Rob Brydon * should* , by rights, look like nowadays of course. Isn't he shown as proper balding in the first series of " Gavin and Stacey" ?

PlanktonSideburns

He looks like that gif of that football manager where its slowly zooming in and he's smiling

The Culture Bunker

You mean Mick "Bastard!" McCarthy and, yeah, he does a bit.

Povidone

Im getting Warren Beatty vibes. Though i just had a quick search and he's still got a fair head of hair even if it has retreated towards the mid-head area.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on August 13, 2021, 03:31:00 AM
Someone should tweet that to Bob. I think he'd enjoy it.

Which Bob, Bob Brydon or Bob Mortimer?

Give Brydon the Wotsit treatment.

Captain Z

I think it was an episode of Athletico Mince, but possibly Gone Fishing, where Bob Mortimer mentioned that a hair transplant company had been in touch offering to do him at a very good rate if he would appear as a case study on their website?

who cares

Rob Bryden with Bob's hair looks weirdly like Duncan Bannatyne, but if you look into his eyes he starts to look like Peter Cook.

Hat FM

i quite enjoyed that sky documentary series that karl pilkington did. there was on ep where he got what was supposed to be the most advanced wig available and he spoke about how much better it made him feel about himself and that he noticed that people approached him differently. it was weirdly uplifting.

they explained the rooney transplant very well on the answer me this podcast. it might have cost him money but he will more than make that back with the endorsements that he wouldnt have got as a balding 25 year old such as being on the cover of Fifa.

frajer

Quote from: Hat FM on August 17, 2021, 11:23:56 AM
i quite enjoyed that sky documentary series that karl pilkington did. there was on ep where he got what was supposed to be the most advanced wig available and he spoke about how much better it made him feel about himself and that he noticed that people approached him differently. it was weirdly uplifting.

Heh I remember that. It was a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy where he was clearly so chuffed about the hair and that made him so much more smiley and confident, which probably had even more profound effect on his appearance than the wig itself. But yeah it was lovely to see.

Didn't he get brought crashing down to earth when Susan thought it looked crap?

Replies From View

Yeah she said he looked like a gormless 35 year old.  He couldn't wait to remove it after that.

Cuntbeaks

I was unaware of the mechanics of a hair transplant until recently. They take a divot of you scalp from the back of your head, where there's still hair. Then they take each individual follicle out of the head flap and replant them, one at time, into the baldness.

It looked fucking horrific, painful and tedious. So fair play to the cunts desperate enough to go for it.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on August 19, 2021, 09:53:38 PM
I was unaware of the mechanics of a hair transplant until recently. They take a divot of you scalp from the back of your head, where there's still hair. Then they take each individual follicle out of the head flap and replant them, one at time, into the baldness.

It looked fucking horrific, painful and tedious. So fair play to the cunts desperate enough to go for it.

The process has been automated and can now be done a lot faster, via a robot that stabs you in the head thousands of times over the course of a few hours:

https://youtu.be/ZOoLvFtR4AA

As someone points out in the comments, the CEO of this hair transplant robot company evidently decided not to go for a transplant himself, which isn't a great advert for its capabilities.

I can understand actors, models etc getting this done if it means they'll get more work, and hair transplants do look more natural than they used to (ie, less like dolls' hair), but when you hear about Calum Best getting it done three times and being warned his scalp is now too ravaged to risk going for a fourth procedure, and then think about the aftercare, a lifetime of having to hide the scar where the strip of donor follicles was removed, having to dye it when it starts greying unevenly etc... it does seem like a crude solution and a major faff, much more so than just going "fuck it" and buzzing it off.

EDIT: Calum Best has apparently had a fourth transplant- and for what? To get more reality TV gigs?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/special-features/tv-star-calum-best-chooses-20685350

He looks like someone who could shave it off and go for micropigmentation instead and it would probably suit him. A more minor faff and one that looks surprisingly convincing.

This is reminding me of the time I had a consultation for laser eye surgery and devided against it, and then at my next eye test the optician said that because your prescription changes every few years anyway it's not a one-off quick-fix solution and I would only have ended up needing it done again two years later. Hair surgery seems like an even bigger faff.

Chollis

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on August 19, 2021, 09:53:38 PM
I was unaware of the mechanics of a hair transplant until recently. They take a divot of you scalp from the back of your head, where there's still hair.

that's quite an outdated method (FUT), these days they mostly take the follicles directly from the back for the scalp one by one (FUE), with a hole punch type thing. there's no visible scarring once it's healed.

some people are better candidates for transplants than others. rooney's looks shit because his donor hair (the hair from the back of the scalp) is shit quality and is trying to cover too much bald area. whereas Brydon's, Antonio Conte's or Musk's look much better

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Lol. Look at the hair island on the first one. Bodacious.

Blue Jam

More like Long Island amirite?

Incidentally I never thought about why Long Island was so-called until I was looking out of the windown while flying over it en route to JFK: "Oh look, that's a very long island... oh..."

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Chollis on August 20, 2021, 12:38:57 PM
that's quite an outdated method (FUT)

Yeah, i wondered why it was so barbaric and the fact there's a better way doesn't seem so surprising. Still sounds brutal though.

Got to love the LOLBALDY, Pre-Spacecunt Musk.

Blue Jam

Does a man who has a hair transplant then have to take Propecia or whatever for the rest of their life? Aren't the side-effects pretty nasty, hormonal, sex-related things like your nob shrivelling up and falling off? Bit of a steep price to pay if you ask me. Even Judd Trump's combing strategies solution has to be better than that.

jamiefairlie

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity.

msm

Purely hypocritical of me but I do find this as a more money than sense thing , where as wasting 100s on cunt dust is just letting off steam .

DSBoy

There's a funny tale in this article about Frankie Howerd's hair...
"The poor people in the make-up department had to go through this ridiculous routine each morning of pretending that his wig was his own hair, and they'd have to put our wig on top of his wig".

https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/comedy_chronicles/frankie-howerd-wig/

Echo Valley 2-6809

When he had that race in the bay with Coogan in The Trip to Greece Brydon wore a swimming cap. There were no jokes about it from Coogan, which you'd normally expect.