Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:29:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A Momentous Date In Cinematic History

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, August 13, 2021, 07:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yes, today is " Free Guy" release day!
I can remember writing about this film and it's imminent release TWO YEARS AGO, since when there have been various delays for its actually being shown in what East European types and Russkies would refer to as " Kino"s because of Covid and that.
Anyway , all Ryan Reynolds and That New Zealand Feller Who Was In The Film Version Of " What We Do In The Shadows" fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as the film is now out there and possible to be viewed on the big screen. One of those " high concept" films that they used to have in those days, and I believe computer simulated games are integral to the plot, so something for the young 'uns there!
I haven't been to the cinema for literally years, but may well saunter along to my local film showing emporium, pen and notebook in hand, to have a look at this film, and submit a fair and unbiased review of it on 'ere. Other Ryan Reynolds fans and fans of Atari Tennis Games ( or whatever) may well be tempted to do the same!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

^ No- one's going to put up a post making unsavoury use of " DP" , are they? I think we all know that we're all better than that.

Povidone

Im getting really mixed messages about the DP.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

FORGET ABOUT THE DP! GO AND WATCH THAT FILM WITH RYAN REYNOLDS PROBABLY GIVING HIS BEST PERFORMANCE SINCE HIS ROLE IN " TED" AND THAT NEW ZEALAND FELLER WHO PLAYED A NAZI VERSION OF HARVEY IN HIS LAST FILM, THEN COME BACK HERE AND SAY WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THE FILM.

DP, indeed. I'll give you DP.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yes, It's not just some two- hander like that one with Michael Caine and Laurence Olivier, you know. Although, that would probably  still make for quite an interesting film, and I'd probably still go seeing it.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on August 13, 2021, 09:38:27 AM
Anyone else in it?

Yeah I wonder which cast member is prompting this thread posting hmm

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Remember that scene in Van Wilder where all the posho students unwittingly guzzle dog spunk! 😃

And the touching scene where he realises he's better stop shagging student lasses a good few years younger than him 😥

That film had everything!

Goldentony

trrailer was fucking awful, saw the poster and though ah deadpool 3 and then the trailer fucking has deadpool costume in it with man going DEADPOOL and the rest of it is some meta joke about his arse

mothman

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 13, 2021, 09:41:30 AM
Yeah I wonder which cast member is prompting this thread posting hmm

And yet LJ&MC remains sweetly concerned someone may make off-colour references to the DP post.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: mothman on August 13, 2021, 09:55:47 AM
And yet LJ&MC remains sweetly concerned someone may make off-colour references to the DP post.

Thanks for noticing 😘x

Povidone

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 13, 2021, 09:21:49 AMI'll give you DP.

Excellent, thanks. Just wanted a bit of clarity on the issue.

As for the film, I'll think about it.

studpuppet

I'm still trying to work out why talking about the Director of Photography is off-colour. Has he been outed as a child prostitute trafficker or something?

Josef K

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 13, 2021, 07:27:53 AM
Yes, today is " Free Guy" release day!
I can remember writing about this film and it's imminent release TWO YEARS AGO, since when there have been various delays for its actually being shown in what East European types and Russkies would refer to as " Kino"s because of Covid and that.
Anyway , all Ryan Reynolds and That New Zealand Feller Who Was In The Film Version Of " What We Do In The Shadows" fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as the film is now out there and possible to be viewed on the big screen. One of those " high concept" films that they used to have in those days, and I believe computer simulated games are integral to the plot, so something for the young 'uns there!
I haven't been to the cinema for literally years, but may well saunter along to my local film showing emporium, pen and notebook in hand, to have a look at this film, and submit a fair and unbiased review of it on 'ere. Other Ryan Reynolds fans and fans of Atari Tennis Games ( or whatever) may well be tempted to do the same!

Found Ryan Reynolds' account

Dex Sawash

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: chveik on August 13, 2021, 12:38:25 PM
https://www.fr24news.com/a/2021/08/jodie-comer-feared-for-her-life-after-a-french-stalker-threatened-to-kill-her.html

A horrifying story, thank the Lord that foul frog fiend was apprehended. Some nice pictures illustrating the story, though. It's also nice that the story transitions from yer woman genuinely fearing for her life due to threats from a crazed madman to talking about her filming the last series of that show what she's popular in, along with some cheery quotes from the young lady herself about how she'll miss playing Russian Assassin Lady. A good all- round read.

Butchers Blind

olliebean

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 13, 2021, 12:44:51 PMSome nice pictures illustrating the story, though.

Yes, that's a very attractive city hall.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

So, from all the Cinema Screen Surveying Boys and Girls of CaB, do I get a silver screen shout- out for being the very first one out of you fuckers for seeing this  film? Because I saw a 20: 10  screening tonight, in 3-D, no less!
That's right, readers! I got to see handsome ol' Ryan Reynolds strutting his Warren Beatty - when-he-was-his -age- strutting his " Shit, I can still get away with this insipid handsome hero stuff! " with a  big ol' side order  of charm on the big screen in THREE ACTUAL DIMENSIONS!  I also got to see that New Zealand Feller what looks a bit like Robert Downey Jr. delivering lines every single one of which were delivered as if they were supposed to be hilarious jokes, like they were delivered by a temporary boss from the Yank version of " The Office" after Steve Carell quite wisely decided to fuck off, but not one of them landed, especially that one that referenced a sit- com broadcast at least 30 years before the gamer types what were also an important part of the audience to get all the hip and hep referencing for this film were even born, I also spotted a bit of a Nieitzcshaen reference as regards how you should live your life and that, which the 3D effects arguably did not take full advantage of, but I saw it , so I Did! IN FULL 3-D! Blue Jam, throw your omnibus sidetype advertised films predjucises to one side! Go  see this film! Boys and Girls of CaB, as Tony Slattery used to say back in 1994 when  he got given a regular film reviewing gig, and when he particularly liked a film that he just done watched- I *urge* you to see it!
I got to see Ryan Reynolds and That New Zealand Feller on the big screen in  3-D! Can you imagine? I'm still chasing that high right now!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I bet I'm the first of the CABbers to see this film at the pictures, on the big screen, aren't I?  I am, deffo. * So* proud.

mothman

It's got that northern lass who's on the TV in that show, hasn't it? Jodie somebody? It's good to know that, like all the recent Who actors, she's not fallen prey to typecasting like all the classic ones did.

stonkers

Title doesn't really work in The Queen's English. Should have been called "Extra LIfe" over here.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: mothman on August 13, 2021, 11:22:05 PM
It's got that northern lass who's on the TV in that show, hasn't it? Jodie somebody? It's good to know that, like all the recent Who actors, she's not fallen prey to typecasting like all the classic ones did.

Oh, yeah, she's in it too. The cleverly scripted script meant that she got to do that Southern Posho English accent that she likes doing ( you can tell) * and* an ersatz Yankee Doodle Dandy accent! And she got to make faces , too! On the big screen! In 3-D! I Must admit, this helped me while away the screen time before Ryan Reynolds came back on screen, strutting his charismatic stuff!

olliebean

When is this film "available?"

<edit> Ah, not for at least 45 days. I can stop thinking about it for now, then.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Go and see it at the pictures, you miserable git.

IN 3-D!

olliebean

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 14, 2021, 08:29:11 AM
Go and see it at the pictures, you miserable git.

IN 3-D!

Fuck off, there's a pandemic on. And I wouldn't see it in 3D even if there wasn't. I have enough headaches in my life without giving myself more.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Ah, fair play to yer. Mind you, the cinema I went seeing it in last night only had a bout a dozen other punters in, so plenty of opportunity for social distancing. Bit disappointing that there weren't so many Her Who Plays Ryan Reynolds fans in there, though :(

dissolute ocelot

Do 3D films still have things flying towards the audience? I would hope Ryan Reynolds would stick his face in my lap at some point.