Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:03:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

London meet early October - cocks in expensive pints

Started by The Mollusk, August 20, 2021, 11:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAT FUCKEN DATE

October 2nd
4 (12.5%)
October 9th
7 (21.9%)
Either!!! I'm wide open baby!!!!!!
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

GoblinAhFuckScary

i like grow! suppose one could get the central to stratford and walk through the olympic park. if we're talking hackney wick there's the beer merchants tap also which is pretty fucking massive with a few rooms and outdoors. it's walk-ins only so if people got there earlier in the day we wouldn't be moved on. last time i was there it was a sunny bank holiday at 4pm and we had plenty of space

pancreas

Is this 9th, then? I am about to book cheap train tickets which have just dropped.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

idunnosomename

put my cock in a £5.80 camden ale and it fell off. ridiculous.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on August 23, 2021, 12:34:47 AM
Quote from: Ambient Sheep on August 23, 2021, 12:17:37 AM
Ffs.

?

Quote from: The Mollusk who is actually organising the meet on August 20, 2021, 11:07:07 AMI've got the first two Saturdays of October (2nd, 9th) free and am totally up for either.

Quote from: flotemysost on August 22, 2021, 07:04:35 PMI'd love to meet you lot in real life and would gladly schlep to whatever dive will tolerate us, but annoyingly I'm not gonna be in London on the 8th (could potentially do the 2nd though).

Quote from: pancreas on August 22, 2021, 10:54:02 PM
Is this 9th, then? I am about to book cheap train tickets which have just dropped.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 22, 2021, 11:03:39 PM
Yes let's say 9th Oct

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm sorry, didn't mean for any discourtesy but at the same time it's inevitable that at the biggest catchment area meet whatever date we pick some people will be able to make it and not others. I was of the understanding there was vague settlement on that date but apologies for jumping the gun.

If pancreas hasn't bought these tickets perhaps we can start from scratch and do a poll?

jobotic

I'm always tempted but it's probably unlikely. I have to work that day and then get to London so it'd be late anyway. But I'll keep an eye on where you're going in case I can get away early.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 23, 2021, 01:23:02 PMI'm sorry, didn't mean for any discourtesy but at the same time it's inevitable that at the biggest catchment area meet whatever date we pick some people will be able to make it and not others. I was of the understanding there was vague settlement on that date but apologies for jumping the gun.

If pancreas hasn't bought these tickets perhaps we can start from scratch and do a poll?

Thanks for this. :-)

No, there was no vague settlement, nobody else expressed a preference, I checked through the whole thread this morning (but not last night, too tired, hence my minimalist initial reply :-)) before posting those quotes.

As you say, there's always a date that someone can't make, but given that only one person had expressed a preference so far, it seemed a bit previous to fix a date already, especially on the weekend that they said they couldn't do.

Previous successful polls have worked on a "Which date can you NOT make" basis, it seems to work better that way.

Thanks again.

shiftwork2

Quote from: jobotic on August 23, 2021, 01:32:07 PM
I'm always tempted but it's probably unlikely. I have to work that day and then get to London so it'd be late anyway. But I'll keep an eye on where you're going in case I can get away early.

I have a feeling this is going to be very well-attended so just break your duck and do it.  Same goes for anyone else who's considering it for the first time, they're very welcoming and it may even feel like old friends by the end.  And people swim in and out so it's not an entire day for most.

The Mollusk

I can flit between feeling very socially anxious and super outgoing in these situations, but at the very least if anyone's nervous about it, you can rest assured that we're pretty much all like that and the group does a grand job of being inclusive and welcoming at all times. People are always inevitably different from their online personas to some extent but that's a small hurdle to overcome, it's no less daunting than starting an account to post on here really. Booze also helps.

Twit 2

Yes, there really is no need to worry about social anxiety. The bar for tolerable behaviour is very low. At the last meet, two people were on powerful hallucinogenics, many people were literally screaming about noncing and one person was eating crisps off the table with no hands. If anyone turned up and was just a bit shy, it'd hardly be held against them.

madhair60

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 23, 2021, 03:45:34 PMAt the last meet, two people were on powerful hallucinogenics, many people were literally screaming about noncing and one person was eating crisps off the table with no hands.

This was all the same person.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The wikipedia people were troublesome weren't they?

Ferris

flotemysost

Feel free to crack on with the 9th if that works best for the majority! (not the 8th, I clearly cannot count and so probably would've got the time and date wrong regardless.) I also get weirdly nervous about these things - I'm not a socially anxious person in general, but I don't know, just impostor syndrome manifesting I suppose.

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 23, 2021, 03:45:34 PM
At the last meet, two people were on powerful hallucinogenics, many people were literally screaming about noncing and one person was eating crisps off the table with no hands.

I suppose covid restrictions might mean direct table-to-mouth action is off the cards this time, but the rest all sounds grand.

olliebean

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 23, 2021, 03:45:34 PM
Yes, there really is no need to worry about social anxiety. The bar for tolerable behaviour is very low. At the last meet, two people were on powerful hallucinogenics, many people were literally screaming about noncing and one person was eating crisps off the table with no hands. If anyone turned up and was just a bit shy, it'd hardly be held against them.

I really don't think you have much of an understanding of what social anxiety means.

Ferris

Quote from: olliebean on August 23, 2021, 06:59:21 PM
I really don't think you have much of an understanding of what social anxiety means.

I think Twit 2's point was that while peoples' anxiety is a real thing, it is worth trying to overcome it on the basis that it is a friendly crowd and once you're there you'll be in the swing of things in no time. That's how my anxiety works anyway.

I've only joined a few video meets (and the Canadian ones which are 3 people...) but everyone has been welcoming and interesting, and even let me play video games and listen in instead of participating. Ideal.

imitationleather

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 22, 2021, 07:23:01 PM
Yes hello Bermondsey beer mile I'm interested in booking a table for upward of 20 bald men who wish to drink beer and discuss the levels of strangulation their peni endure as a result of their freakishly constrictive foreskins. We are not paedophiles but we will be heavily implying that we are at great length throughout the course of the day. What sort of vegan cheese is on the burgers?

Fucking lol

I'll come if I can afford it at the time.

I'll come if I dare to tell my wife I'm leaving her with our two young children to go and get drunk with a bunch of internet weirdos.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on August 23, 2021, 09:23:49 PM
I'll come if I dare to tell my wife I'm leaving her with our two young children to go and get drunk with a bunch of internet weirdos.

Dare to tell your wife the children are coming too but she can't, she must stay.

imitationleather

imitationleather

If you cant break through in a brewery tap room where can you do it ffs right?

olliebean

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 23, 2021, 07:48:34 PM
I think Twit 2's point was that while peoples' anxiety is a real thing, it is worth trying to overcome it on the basis that it is a friendly crowd and once you're there you'll be in the swing of things in no time. That's how my anxiety works anyway.

The way mine works is the sort of thing Twit 2 described would make it worse, I would become more withdrawn, and whilst it's probably true that nobody would be judging me for it, that doesn't mean I'd be enjoying myself and not wanting to slope off and be on my own, away from the overly gregarious people that would just be too much for me to cope with.

Butchers Blind

Will I have to shave off my full, luxurious hair in order to fit in at this meet?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Not all of it, a tonsure will suffice. Wear the robe too.