Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:07:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

London meet early October - cocks in expensive pints

Started by The Mollusk, August 20, 2021, 11:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAT FUCKEN DATE

October 2nd
4 (12.5%)
October 9th
7 (21.9%)
Either!!! I'm wide open baby!!!!!!
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

GoblinAhFuckScary

i am 98% certain of coming. i'm staying just by viccy park nearby so it's easy for me also

re: prices. the ales are expensive but they tend to have a lager on for like 5/5.50 which is pretty standard going rate for london these days

DrGreggles

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 23, 2021, 12:01:39 PM
Greggles and Shoulders I'm sorry to hear you can't make it!

Still hope to, but I doubt it'll be for more than a couple of hours at most.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Janie Jones on September 23, 2021, 12:18:14 PM
Don't want to carp, it's murder trying to organise these things. I have no skin in the game as I'm away in October but I do know the Beer Merchants Tap and it's expensive even by my East London craft beer standards! Beware the corkage if you choose a beer from the fridges.

[Penderels Oak whistles tunelessly while performatively polishing its '£10 for 4 bottles of Stella' promo sign]

Fantastic, cheers. That's very helpful at this stage in the planning.

Egyptian Feast

I'm still planning to come and will try to get there for 3PM or so.

Janie Jones

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 23, 2021, 04:06:40 PM
Fantastic, cheers. That's very helpful at this stage in the planning.

Oof, burnt! Sorry, just a friendly warning about the prices and the corkage. It's a good place to meet, there'll be no problem getting a table, food gets good reviews and there's plenty of places nearby if you did want to move on.

Twit 2

Ferris

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 23, 2021, 12:27:23 PM
i am 98% certain of coming. i'm staying just by viccy park nearby so it's easy for me also

re: prices. the ales are expensive but they tend to have a lager on for like 5/5.50 which is pretty standard going rate for london these days

*ferris does quick math*

*realizes that's what I pay in my tiny city*

Err what the fuck I'm getting absolutely hosed.

madhair60

I can make it for 3pm providing you fancy a terse, difficult conversation with a fat man

The Mollusk

Quote from: Janie Jones on September 23, 2021, 04:29:27 PM
Oof, burnt!

It's just kinda annoying to spend a bunch of time arranging something and then when the last bit's announced for someone to say "Ah yeah by the way here's what's bad about that." I appreciate the concern but the venue's been floating about in the thread for a week now with no objection so I just went for it.

Anyway, really looking forward to this! I've only ever been to two meets so it's nice to have organised one which hopefully will be LEGENDARY.

imitationleather

I am a possible at this. Going to have to look at what me transport options are when I get paid.

GoblinAhFuckScary

heya they don't have prices online but i found this on twitter from last month if anyone was just curious

honestly it's more expensive than this down in brighton. more standard stuff ok prices and then mad wanker beers a premium if ya fancy

that black pig one is mint

Yeah those pints aren't so pricey. Definitely £6 or over for those in pubs round here.

peanutbutter

Should be able to pop by wherever it is, the day after I've a day long welding class though so I mightn't stick around very long.

Does everyone kind of just separate into groups on the basis of the thread they're most fixated with? A few people ranting about Labour in one corner, a Glinner group in another, one guy banging on about Animal Collective...

shiftwork2

Yeah it's pub prices on the whole, with some expensive options in there too.  Some quality tramp action in the right hand column.

Another early bird here.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: peanutbutter on September 23, 2021, 08:01:13 PM
Should be able to pop by wherever it is, the day after I've a day long welding class though so I mightn't stick around very long.

Does everyone kind of just separate into groups on the basis of the thread they're most fixated with? A few people ranting about Labour in one corner, a Glinner group in another, one guy banging on about Animal Collective...

haha i do not want to talk about glinner irl

Twit 2

Quote from: peanutbutter on September 23, 2021, 08:01:13 PM

We all scream about noncing all of the time.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

£5 for Paulaner is exactly what you'd pay in Leeds, although Leeds is a tragic corporate hellhole desperate to be like London and Manchester so not necessarily indicative, but that certainly isn't wack ol London tahn prices.

However, anyone who pays £5.50 for Kona Big Wave is a valve that should be removed from 'it all'.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 23, 2021, 10:08:32 PM
However, anyone who pays £5.50 for Kona Big Wave is a valve that should be removed from 'it all'.

That's also cheaper than some of the other places in East London, £6 a pint in a couple that I've been into recently.

Ferris

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 23, 2021, 10:08:32 PM
£5 for Paulaner is exactly what you'd pay in Leeds, although Leeds is a tragic corporate hellhole desperate to be like London and Manchester so not necessarily indicative, but that certainly isn't wack ol London tahn prices.

Shoulders on the money here. That's an execrable beer.

Dex Sawash

Why not just make them all 5.50? Surely it would all rinse out the same at the end and save a lot of bother.

Bernice

I like a big wave. Sorry, tastemakers and trendsetters.

Quote from: Bernice on September 24, 2021, 06:58:31 AM
I like a big wave. Sorry, tastemakers and trendsetters.

I really like the branding which has made me buy the cans before. It was OK, a bit watery.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 24, 2021, 12:48:16 AM
Why not just make them all 5.50? Surely it would all rinse out the same at the end and save a lot of bother.

Good way to set up a money laundering scheme as well.

DrGreggles

The Mollusk

What better way to ring in the cold autumnal weather than by SMASHING A FUCKLOAD OF PINTS

poo

Guys have you thought about how you're gonna do the "cocks" in pints pic?

Bennett Brauer

Alternative title for the meet since Oktoberfest is taken

The Mollusk

Quote from: poo on September 30, 2021, 11:21:37 PM
Guys have you thought about how you're gonna do the "cocks" in pints pic?

I usually start with the pint and work backwards.

The Mollusk

Weather's currently looking nice for Saturday - 19 degrees and sunny for the afternoon!

Looking forward to getting a healthy tan on my cock when I'm drying it after photographing it in YOUR PINT.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm down to Maybe status unfortunately, I still hope to make it but if I do it won't be until the evening.