Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:52:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ruby Wax retrospective

Started by jsgibble, August 22, 2021, 10:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsgibble

Louis Theroux suggested this on his podcast and now it's happening. First part was just on: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000z2nt/episodes/player

This is really charming and down to earth, I enjoyed it a lot. It's lovely to revisit stuff that's overlooked like this.

bgmnts

Isn't Wax bitter towards Theroux for what she feels as nicking her idea or something?

phantom_power

I think she was but is now over it. I am not sure how serious it was in the first place. She discussed it on some podcast, Adam Buxton?

gilbertharding

Saw this, and decided I didn't like her new persona of serious author with a degree in psychology or whatever it fucking is. Fraud.

It was also pretty unwatchable as a programme.

Mister Six

Nah, I rather enjoyed what I saw of it, and I'm not sure why you would view this as a "new persona" rather than just who Wax is now that she's 30 years older and doesn't have her guard up.

Sadly I was too knackered to watch the whole thing, but I'll track it down at a later date. "New" Ruby is pleasantly open and honest, and come across well here, as she did on the Buxton pod.

gilbertharding

Constantly and noisily interrupting the clips so she could offer her insight into the mental state of the interviewee... nah.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: gilbertharding on August 23, 2021, 09:52:01 AM
Constantly and noisily interrupting the clips so she could offer her insight into the mental state of the interviewee... nah.

You presumably missed the bits where she frankly critiqued her own performance. And she didn't noisily interrupt the clips, she occasionally chipped in to offer some thoughtful reflection.

gilbertharding

I watched it. I didn't like it. What can I say?