Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:01:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

At this stage, why the fuck not..

Started by Butchers Blind, August 23, 2021, 10:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

robhug

buttgammon

Yet another pathetic attempt to keep the man with the bleeding eyes from The Armando Iannucci Shows alive for another five minutes.

Cuellar

buttgammon

I hear he's going to be negotiating a deal regarding beef tariffs. He's really batting on a sticky wicket there.

Pancake

The stretched twig of peace is at melting point, Chris!

Fambo Number Mive

"Defence" of this on Twitter by pro-Brexit accounts is mainly "Hur hur this has annoyed you" with a bit of "Are you just criticising him because he supported Brexit? What about all the other trade envoys, why do you think they are suitable".

A lot of people who still support Brexit seem to judge how good an idea is by how it annoys people with different views.

According to Guido Kate Hoey is also a trade envoy. It's literally rewarding Brexit supporters.

Funny how Marcus Rashford gets told to stick to football by the likes of crafty wank but Ian Botham doesn't get told to stick to cricket.

pancreas

Butchers Blind

I guess now Nonce Prince is in hiding they needed someone. Careful not to slip your cock out, Beefy.

shiftwork2

He went on tour with Alan Lamb in the 1990s and they called it BEEF AND LAMB and not a day goes past when I don't regret missing those lads

shiftwork2

That this appears to have actually come from the phrase 'batting for Britain' makes me want to locate a light fitting so I can swing from it.

Kankurette

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 23, 2021, 10:41:48 AM
"Defence" of this on Twitter by pro-Brexit accounts is mainly "Hur hur this has annoyed you" with a bit of "Are you just criticising him because he supported Brexit? What about all the other trade envoys, why do you think they are suitable".

A lot of people who still support Brexit seem to judge how good an idea is by how it annoys people with different views.

According to Guido Kate Hoey is also a trade envoy. It's literally rewarding Brexit supporters.

Funny how Marcus Rashford gets told to stick to football by the likes of crafty wank but Ian Botham doesn't get told to stick to cricket.
For the same reason that Gary Lineker, the son of a fruit seller, is a luvvie but Lozza Fox isn't.

And yes, one of the main reasons for supporting Brexit does seem to be 'because it upsets woke leftie snowflakes'.

Butchers Blind

QuoteThe world of cricket remembers Botham as "Beefy" largely due to his physique. He also earned another name of 'Guy the Gorilla'. As a young kid, he was known as 'Bungalow' as many believed that he had nothing 'upstairs'.

Fambo Number Mive

From the Daily Mail in 2018:

QuoteSir Ian Botham's personal charity handed up to £94,000 to his daughter's company last year.

The cricket star's foundation didn't spend anything on charitable activities despite receiving almost £137,000 in donations.

Charity Commission published accounts for the year to March 2017, highlighting the feats of endurance people have undertaken to raise funds for his group.

Beefy was knighted in 2007 for his charity work and services to sport, but The Sunday Times reports his Charity Foundation's accounts record that 'no charitable grants were made' in the period.

They also show no cash was spent on charitable activities, but £94,217 was spent on fundraising.

These included 'planning and upfront costs' for the ex-cricketer's charity walk through Australia last year and a ball which counted Piers Morgan, David Gower and Michael Parkinson among its guests...

poo

Aussies are thick as shit and love the cricket so this seems like a very shrewd move.

Paul Calf

Wasn't Rodders denied an Aussie visa because of his history of involvement with the herb? It's one rule for fictional Cockney sitcom Baldricks, another for beefy cricketing heroes.

gmoney

Quote from: poo on August 23, 2021, 11:04:44 AM
Aussies are thick as shit and love the cricket so this seems like a very shrewd move.

It's a shame WWF legend the British Bulldog has passed, he would have been the ideal the American equivalent.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

gmoney

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 23, 2021, 11:12:47 AM
There is... Another bulldog

I don't think he's got the requisite capabilities for the job. And his running powerslam's not as good.

buttgammon

When will all this brexit crap be over? Nobody was bowled over by this appointment, they must have been stumped to find anyone else. It makes you wonder how much this government has been caught out.

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 23, 2021, 10:47:54 AM
He went on tour with Alan Lamb in the 1990s and they called it BEEF AND LAMB and not a day goes past when I don't regret missing those lads

You should get the VHS:

INTRODUCED BY TIM RICE

Cuellar

shiftwork2

In A Stew!  Pair of fucking cunts.  Dying to see this actually.

robhug

Geoff Boycott was even more pro brexit than Botham yet he's got fuck all, I bet he's livid.

I suppose he might have been overlooked just cos his name being mentioned could cause confusion and unnecessary panic during trade negotiations.

gilbertharding

If the job is just to be someone who can turn up at blokey dinners and drinks receptions and give a bit of a funny speech about how Britain and Australia are great places, then fine... but Botham's qualifications for even that job do depend on the idea that the people he's meeting and talking to will like him.

katzenjammer

Has this been posted yet? No botham thread is complete without it
https://youtu.be/rGH6x98lEjc

gilbertharding