Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

At this stage, why the fuck not..

Started by Butchers Blind, August 23, 2021, 10:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

It's simply not cricket. Oh fuck off, someone had to say it.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 23, 2021, 12:13:57 PM
You should get the VHS:

Lamb's losing the battle for wall space there, isn't he?  Out of seven pictures there are three solo-Bothams, three joint pics (bottom left isn't exactly shared equally either as Lamb's head is the size of a puy lentil) and a lone forlorn Lamb.  Based on the business strategy of getting your agent to just steamroll it I would say Beefy has potential.

Cuellar

Botham asserted during the Brexit campaign that 'England is an island' so non-English parts of the UK can look forward to that sort of respect and consideration, not to mention high degree of factual knowledge, when this pillock takes up his richly deserved role. Aussies must be pissing themselves laughing - great chance to get their produce on sale here cheaply - what a boon for UK farmers.

idunnosomename

Beefy Botham just makes it sound like he does horrendous farts. Well it does to me

robhug

Beefy, although a force of nature, his lack of brainpower was a running joke in cricketing circles in the 80/90's where any argument (he's losing) with anyone he had about any given subject would inevitably end with him pointedly asking them 'so how many test wickets did you get'

The Aussies to pull a fast one and recruit either McGrath or Warne to make him look daft if he's still got the same schtick

Cuellar

Or even...bear with me...

Nathan Lyon

Paul Calf

Jittlebags

Just confirms that we are in a simulated universe where the kid's dad has taken over the controls whilst his son has gone for a piss.

Tim 'Spoons' Martin as Trade Envoy to Afghanistan. That's gotta be on the cards.

Paul Calf

Quote from: robhug on August 23, 2021, 02:04:20 PM
Beefy, although a force of nature, his lack of brainpower was a running joke in cricketing circles in the 80/90's where any argument (he's losing) with anyone he had about any given subject would inevitably end with him pointedly asking them 'so how many test wickets did you get'

The Aussies to pull a fast one and recruit either McGrath or Warne to make him look daft if he's still got the same schtick

Put him up against Warney's mum and her illicit pharmacopeia of shady performance enhancers.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Jittlebags on August 23, 2021, 02:50:45 PM
Just confirms that we are in a simulated universe where the kid's dad has taken over the controls whilst his son has gone for a piss.

Tim 'Spoons' Martin as Trade Envoy to Afghanistan. That's gotta be on the cards.

Tonty Blair has already been 'Middle East Peace Envoy'. Poe's Lawyer has bolted.

Sebastian Cobb

Like putting Ronald McDonald in charge of Peta.

The Dog

Quote from: Wikipedia
Hailed as one of the greatest all-rounders in the history of the game

poo

Quote from: katzenjammer on August 23, 2021, 12:41:00 PM
Has this been posted yet? No botham thread is complete without it
https://youtu.be/rGH6x98lEjc

Fucking hilarious. Awesome kids - tore the cunt a new one !

kalowski

As noted by The Guardian
QuoteBotham Nov 2020: I "will be at Westminster more often when we get back to normal, especially when they are debating something I know about – like sport or the countryside. Not much point if it's a trade deal with Japan"

Botham Aug 2021: trade envoy!

Cuellar

Yeah but not to Japan. Beef wins this one, I'm afraid.

buttgammon

A really silly point for Botham to make.

Fambo Number Mive

I hope Ian Botham wakes up one day and his knob and balls are made of beef.

Goldentony

I want Ian Botham to go to my house and fuck my dad

Greg Torso

This is incredible. What a fucking tool.

Butchers Blind

Can we all start sending shitty nappies to Botham through the post.

gilbertharding

I bet he thinks he won that argument too. What a whopper.

GMTV

Bet you can't eat three... Percent reduction in tariffs or some shite.

shiftwork2

There's a literal eye-roll early on.  Love those kids taking him to the cleaners.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Bizarre programme though. Hi famous person come on our show and get hammered by Scottish children without even getting time to draw breath.

Wouldn't happen now

Blinder Data

I don't like his opinions but I respect Botham for fronting up in that Q&A. As Shoulders says, no sportsperson today would submit themselves to 20 minutes of relentless questioning on a range of controversial topics on telly.

Norton Canes

Lets hope they pick an experienced trade envoy for the next England starting XI they couldn't do much worse then the current bunch amirite? (I don't know, I hate cricket)