Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:15:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anti-vax cunts storm ITN

Started by Bad Ambassador, August 23, 2021, 02:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Ambassador

A crowd of black-shirted fuckwits have stormed and occupied the lobby of the ITN building in Clerkenwell, which I can see from my office window, demanding to speak to the boss. Police standing around doing nothing. Jon Snow chased down the street and forced to take refuge in another office building.

Sebastian Cobb

At least they went to an operational television centre rather than the decommissioned BBC Television Centre this time.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

These stunts automatically make the people they attack look shifty due to evasive action their targets need to take to avoid potentially being hurt.

Still, black shirts on a hot day? Displaying the intelligence levels you associate with anti-vaxxers.

shiftwork2

Michael Winner reportedly sitting on some lesbians.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 23, 2021, 02:37:27 PM
Still, black shirts on a hot day? Displaying the intelligence levels you associate with anti-vaxxers.

Oi-oi! That's enough of that, baldy.

bgmnts

Why do the people who have absolutely no fucking cause to engage in violent protest actually do. But the genuine victims of society don't? It's so weird.

Sebastian Cobb

things didn't pan out all that well for Baader Meinhof in the end.

gilbertharding

Quote from: bgmnts on August 23, 2021, 02:44:57 PM
Why do the people who have absolutely no fucking cause to engage in violent protest actually do. But the genuine victims of society don't? It's so weird.

It's the same paradox which dictates that the police response to the former is all firm but fair, whereas they're quite happy to wade into proper protests with horses and big sticks.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 23, 2021, 02:39:56 PM
Oi-oi! That's enough of that, baldy.

Is there something I'm missing here? (aside from hair?)

thenoise

Black shirts cool down faster in the shade.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 23, 2021, 03:03:15 PM

A loose foreskin.

katzenjammer

QuoteAfter around an hour inside, the anti-vaxxers were seen leaving the building of their own accord.

'What now?'
'Dunno, might as well go home I spose'

JamesTC

Where would one start a protest for baldness and phimosis?

touchingcloth

Quote from: JamesTC on August 23, 2021, 03:22:23 PM

Anywhere you like once you've finished weeping.

Fambo Number Mive

https://twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1429807611650662402

QuoteAfter police ask anti-vaccine protesters to leave the premises, they hand over a written request about a live TV debate on Covid and vaccines and leave, saying they'll be back in a week if their demands are not met.

The corwd is now marching again.

QuoteAnti-vaccine protesters are now gathering outside Google's headquarters in King's Cross. Police officers have formed a protective line in front of the revolving door, stopping the protesters from entering the building.

I feel sorry for all those in the ITN building who were exposed to a load of maskless protesters spraying their COVID germs everywhere.

Uncle TechTip

Let's have the debate, the antis will make such fools of themselves on national television it'll be something they come to regret.

gilbertharding

Nah - too much Dunning Kruger.

Goldentony

WHERES FRED DINENAGE WHERE IS HE HEY BRING HIM TO ME

rack and peanut

Who would've thought guys in black shirts would be bad guys?

Goldentony

Quote from: rack and peanut on August 23, 2021, 04:24:06 PM
Who would've thought guys in black shirts would be bad guys?

in fairness TV was black and white until Live Aid, people in the 40s were probably shocked to find out the uniforms were brown and that they all looked like twats

buttgammon

When I was a kid, some friends of the family only had a tiny black and white TV, which was a bit of the novelty in the 90s. I stayed with them for a while and was fascinated with this. "How do you watch the snooker?" I asked. They simply said they don't watch snooker.

steve98

Quote from: JamesTC on August 23, 2021, 03:22:23 PM

D'you mean against? You'd first have to ascertain who's responsible for your baldness and phimosis (who to blame.)
Then you'd have to get permission from the cops, for street closures etc (and you better make sure you can afford the policing, cos it ain't cheap.)
Next, you'll want a bald celeb who has (or looks like he probably has) phimosis, to speak for you.
Then you'll have to decide if you'll allow trans-men to take part (even if they don't have willies.)... and on and on and on.

pigamus

Quote from: buttgammon on August 23, 2021, 05:07:57 PM
When I was a kid, some friends of the family only had a tiny black and white TV, which was a bit of the novelty in the 90s. I stayed with them for a while and was fascinated with this. "How do you watch the snooker?" I asked. They simply said they don't watch snooker.

It makes no difference.

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on August 23, 2021, 04:03:55 PM
Let's have the debate, the antis will make such fools of themselves on national television it'll be something they come to regret.

Last time we engaged a load of conspiracy-peddling ideologues in a debate, they ended up running the country, so probably not a good idea.

katzenjammer

And definitely don't let them on HIGNFY

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 23, 2021, 03:03:15 PM

Quote from: thenoise on August 23, 2021, 03:10:41 PM
Black shirts cool down faster in the shade.

And black clothes are the other kind of cool anyway. Just ask a goth (or a former one, ahem).

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: buttgammon on August 23, 2021, 05:07:57 PM

Cunning. And also eminently sensible.

Ambient Sheep

Our family happily watched snooker on a black-and-white TV up until 1979. Just Pot Black in those days, I think.

It was surprisingly easy, tbh, the only two colours that were a bit tricky to distinguish were green and brown.

The reds were a little similar to the brown (IIRC) but the quantity issue sorted that out, until it was down to the last red, which was the only bit that was tricky to watch.  But yellow, pink and blue (as well as white and black, natch) were piss-easy.