Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:15:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What are they fucking waiting for?

Started by Barry Admin, August 23, 2021, 03:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 22, 2021, 01:38:07 PM
Seeing pancreas and Janie Jones being so blasé does make me wonder if I should calm down a bit and worry less, but it's in my nature to worry :-)

I am double jabbed, but I'm still immunocompromised and feel pain and such very intensely. I do need to start getting out again, even if only at night, cause that Mace is basically the only place I ever go now.

It's just fucking everywhere now tho, everyone I know is either catching it or knows people who have caught it. I dunno.
Barry, you've got to do what's best for you. One reason I got vaccinated (apart from the obvious reason which is that Vaccines Are Good, Actually) is because I'm prone to chest/sinus infections, and also Long COVID is a thing. My aerobic fitness isn't great as it is. I haven't spent the last six years doing strenuous exercise four or five days a week just for some virus to fuck me up long term. Fuck that shit now.

And even though I'm double-jabbed and the government has said "ar aghaidh lads with your bee jay jay and your boxing", I'm keeping a record of everybody I train with or spar with in case one of them gets it. So that I know if I need to self isolate or get tested.

jamiefairlie

You have to treat this as a massive threat and take every precaution you can until it's over. Every time there's a relaxation it jumps bumps up again. It's not complicated but people are just selfish and lazy.

Zetetic

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 22, 2021, 01:28:44 PM
Well they're saying that the NI health service is going to "topple over" though mate, is that not a good enough reason for another lockdown?
None of the health services of the UK are capable of functioning properly at this point, COVID or not. NI's has been particularly broken for longer than the rest.

Toggling the COVID switch simply doesn't make a huge amount of difference to how fucked it all is.