Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:40:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pork scratchings products recall including some "Mr Porkys" products

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 25, 2021, 10:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe Food Standards Agency are advising consumers not to eat several pork scratching products purchased since February, which have been linked to salmonella poisoning.

Testing has found a link to 176 reported cases of salmonella poisoning across the UK between September 2020 and the present date.

All products manufactured since February at one of the factories that manufacture the products linked to the outbreak, Site approval ID: GB BO 001, have been recalled and withdrawn from sale.

Full details of the brands affected by Tayto Group Ltd's precautionary recall can be found in the product recall information notice. These include some Mr Porky, Jay's and The Real Pork Crackling Company products

To reduce the risk of any further illness, consumers should not eat the products listed in the recall alert and they should follow the health advice within it.

Production was voluntary halted at the factory linked to the outbreak once a possible link was first identified earlier this month.

Symptoms of salmonellosis typically resolve themselves and include diarrhoea, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting and fever. However, symptoms can be more severe and lead to hospitalisation, especially in the very young and those with weakened immune systems.

You can see the list of products affected here: https://www.food.gov.uk/news-alerts/alert/fsa-prin-47-2021

It's been over a decade since I've had any pork scratchings - I know they used to be very popular in pubs.

Does anyone eat pork scratchings on here?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

gilbertharding

Does this recall affect Chicken Itchings, or Donkey Scabs? (c) Not the Nine O'Clock News

robhug

The last thing the pork scratching industry needed was a bad press

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotediarrhoea, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting and fever.

I wouldn't stop there, there's a temporal and biological world of fuckdown.

- Roundness of the face
- Itchy lungs
- Jowl redaction
- Peppered alveoli
- Cobbler's Stoop
- Delusions of grandeur
- Henged gait
- Misshapen grogans
- Mingey countenance (not Mangey; see below)
- Zimmerman's Faucet
- Mange of the regions
- Excessive slurping of soup
- Despair and paranoia
- Suicidal thoughts
- Applications for membership of local Freemasons lodge
- Bollock hardness
- Bollock softness
- Excessively middling or mid-par bollock texture
- Headbutting walls and doors
- Monomania and transphobia
- Permanent loss of family and career
- Even pet hates you
- Penury Lice
- Fingal's Leer

Butchers Blind

I buy Pork Sratchings knowing full well I'm taking a risk, thank you very much.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 25, 2021, 10:46:27 AM
I buy Pork Sratchings knowing full well I'm taking a risk, thank you very much.

It's the thrill isn't it? Why let some jumped-up health police take away the thrill ride of consuming a debauched pork product?

buzby

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 25, 2021, 10:31:09 AM
Does anyone eat pork scratchings on here?
I had a bag of the Mr Porky's Crispy Strips last week that were probably affected, according to that list. and I'm not dead yet. I'm a bit worried that I may be experiencing some of the symptoms Shoulders has listed though.

Echo Valley 2-6809

I wimp out and eat Frazzles every time now. Nothing worse than spitting out bits of filling and rotten tooth (and peppered alveoli), and Frazzles are only 39p. ⭐️ 3 for £1 ⭐️

Dex Sawash

buzby

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on August 25, 2021, 10:53:52 AM
I wimp out with Frazzles every time now. Nothing worse than spitting out bits of filling and rotten tooth (and peppered alveoli), and Frazzles are only 39p. ⭐️ 3 for £1 ⭐️
The Crispy Strips are very similar to Frazzles - it's deep fried, thin strips of crackling, as opposed to straight off the carcass lumps of flesh with the hair follicles and subcutaneous fat still attached.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Why don't we find Mr Porky, track him down to his sweaty ill-gotten palazzo and have him? All of us could take him, easy. Tool up.

His scratching days are numbered, get it, scratching like the scratchings food stuff. Cheers.

Dr Trouser

pork scratchings are my go to bar snack, perfect accompaniment to any pint. I had some Mr Porky's last week from Asda and have shat myself inside out yet.

When I was 18 a friend swore that 'cooking' his toenails on a light bulb and eating them tasted just like a pork scratching. He went on to star in 24/7 with Bob Hoskins and then became some twatty artist so might be worth a try?

seepage

Got a job lot of Mr Porky Original Scratchings from Aldi in May and had a bag a day up to a couple of weeks ago. However, alcohol abuse mitigates most of S?S's conditions above, and my bollocks are never nice under normal conditions anyway.

Luckily it looks like my favourite brand, Midland Snacks, is not affected.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: checkoutgirl on August 25, 2021, 11:09:12 AM
Does that cause the recipient to have sex with 12 year olds in 1967?

The recipient would be lucky to have sex with a Fleshlight after an ugly dose of mid-par bollock.

jobotic

Quote from: Dr Trouser on August 25, 2021, 11:02:31 AM
pork scratchings are my go to bar snack, perfect accompaniment to any pint.

Pickled egg in a bag of Salt n Vinegar crisps will see you right.

Kankurette

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 25, 2021, 10:43:49 AM
I wouldn't stop there, there's a temporal and biological world of fuckdown.

- Roundness of the face
- Itchy lungs
- Jowl redaction
- Peppered alveoli
- Cobbler's Stoop
- Delusions of grandeur
- Henged gait
- Misshapen grogans
- Mingey countenance (not Mangey; see below)
- Zimmerman's Faucet
- Mange of the regions
- Excessive slurping of soup
- Despair and paranoia
- Suicidal thoughts
- Applications for membership of local Freemasons lodge
- Bollock hardness
- Bollock softness
- Excessively middling or mid-par bollock texture
- Headbutting walls and doors
- Monomania and transphobia
- Permanent loss of family and career
- Even pet hates you
- Penury Lice
- Fingal's Leer
Has a Mr G Linehan been on the pork scratchings lately?

studpuppet

Buying Mr Porky's is like buying Colgate Lasagne, you get what you deserve.

I go for the Real Pork Cracking Company's products every time. Gourmet pork scratchings, and you get your dose of filth from having to buy them in Poundland or B&M.

https://www.therealporkcracklingcompany.com

Consignia

Quote from: studpuppet on August 25, 2021, 01:09:14 PM

I go for the Real Pork Cracking Company's products every time. Gourmet pork scratchings, and you get your dose of filth from having to buy them in Poundland or B&M.

Real Pork Crackling Company is also effected according to the link. So yeah, no dodging salmonella there.

I'm eating Gruntled Salt and Vinegar at the moment. So good not even listened on their website: http://getgruntled.co.uk/ . I can confirm they exist and put even salt and vinegar crisps to shame. Don't think they're vegan though sadly.

buzby

Quote from: studpuppet on August 25, 2021, 01:09:14 PM

They are just another of Tayto NI's brands and are made in the same factory (the former Red Mill Snacks site in Westhoughton near Bolton) as the Mr. Porkys and Jays lines that have been affected. The RPCC Pork Crunch line is one of the ones being withdrawn due to the salmonella contamination

Edit: what Consignia said, though RPCC do have two product lines - the Crispy Crackling line is presumably still made at thier original Tamworth site.

studpuppet

Quote from: buzby on August 25, 2021, 01:23:14 PM
...the Crispy Crackling line is presumably still made at their original Tamworth site.

Yeah, that Golden Crunch stuff is like a weird reformed potato snack. Crispy Crackling is 5x15g packets of pure gold.

Pork scratchings are the drug, Crispy Crackling is my crack, and my lips are welded firmly to the pipe...

Fambo Number Mive

I love how they call them "Real" Pork Crackling, as if there are brands of so-called pork crackling that are just sawdust and jizz.

buzby

Quote from: studpuppet on August 25, 2021, 01:39:20 PM
Yeah, that Golden Crunch stuff is like a weird reformed potato snack. Crispy Crackling is 5x15g packets of pure gold.

Pork scratchings are the drug, Crispy Crackling is my crack, and my lips are welded firmly to the pipe...
The RPCC Golden Grunch is almost identical to the Mr Porky's Crispy Strips. There's no potato involved though - it's pork rind that's been boiled, had the fat scraped off and then deep fried to make it 'puff'.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 25, 2021, 01:42:39 PM
I love how they call them "Real" Pork Crackling, as if there are brands of so-called pork crackling that are just sawdust and jizz.
That's the name of the company. Their two product lines (Crispy Crackling and Golden Crunch) are also sold under the Real Pork Company name in Asda, Sainsburys and Morrisons (presumably the word 'crackling' was considered too downmarket for thier customer base - it's fine for Home & Bargain, B&M, Heron and Poundland though).

JamesTC

QuoteSymptoms of salmonellosis typically resolve themselves and include diarrhoea, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting and fever.

How are people supposed to tell the difference with the normal diarrhoea, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting and fever that you get from eating pork scratchings without the salmonella?

Catalogue Trousers

QuoteDoes this recall affect Chicken Itchings, or Donkey Scabs?

I always thought it was Doggy Scabs, which sounds funnier to me, so I'm sticking with it.

(Oh, and don't forget the Hedgehog Stuffings.)

monkfromhavana

Mr. Porky's are very much the Carling of the the scratching world, ubiquitous and a bit shit.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Kankurette on August 25, 2021, 11:12:18 AM
Has a Mr G Linehan been on the pork scratchings lately?

it's what he puts in his Carbonara when he's ran out of bacon