Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:16:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What was a good song released in the year 2000?

Started by machotrouts, August 26, 2021, 03:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Had a quick look at the billboard charts and fair play it was a gash year for music in terms of bangers.

chveik

Chicory

'Silence' by Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlan still holds up pretty well, probably the best of all those 'buzzing bees' trance hits.

Dr Rock

daf

Cosmetique – Lady Di, Why Did You Have To Die?

Released in 2000 - did not chart

QuoteCosmetique were a duo consisting of Justin Anderson and Sarah Churchill. Released as a limited edition DJ promo, the touching ballad "Lady Di, Why Did You Have To Die?" inexplicably failed to secure heavy rotation on local radio playlists.

Side A samples Laura Branigan's 'Gloria', with new lyrics about the death of "The Peoples' Princess" Lady Di. The B-side, "Stripper", samples Man 2 Man Meets Man Parrish's 'Male Stripper'. Neither samples were cleared or credited.

Tom Gillieron : "This is one of the worst tracks I've ever heard..... Well done!!"

boki

Basement Jaxx - Bingo Bango

Frustratingly, they released better singles in both '99 and '01, but this still bangs and they're one of the acts I associate most with that period.

At the Drive In - One Armed Scissor
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ar2Y_gjA4g

Not the usual kind of music I'd listen to either in 2000 or in 2021 but somehow struck a chord with me. Fantastic stuff!

willbo

i was gonna say original prankster (slinks out in shame)

FsF

The Inalienable Dreamless is nearly short enough to count as one song, and is one of the best things ever recorded (in the year 2000).

I'll pick the similarly-lengthed Hunger Strike by Estradasphere for an actual good song released in the year 2000.

Ferris

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on August 26, 2021, 04:05:57 PM
At the Drive In - One Armed Scissor
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ar2Y_gjA4g

Not the usual kind of music I'd listen to either in 2000 or in 2021 but somehow struck a chord with me. Fantastic stuff!

Certified banger.

Dead Soon

Lene Marlin- Sitting Down Here

David Gray - Babylon

Madonna - Don't Tell Me. This in particular is a fucking stellar song and properly underrated.

imitationleather

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 27, 2021, 08:02:07 PM
Certified banger.

Yeah I never actually liked it at the time but now I think it's one of the best songs.

Chicory

Belle and Sebastian's cover of the Eurotrash theme.

holyzombiejesus

The Delgados - The Great Eastern
Gorkys - The Blue Trees
TFC - Howdy

chveik

bjork "i've seen it all"
the fall "dr buck's letter"
ghostface killah "apollo kids"
quasimoto "real eyes"

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Right at the start, The Masses against the Classes, by Manic Street Preachers.

CCLRTR PRML SCRM[nb]Accelerator, by Primal Scream[/nb]

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: chutnut on September 07, 2021, 12:04:54 PM
I was going to post Amo Bishop Roden from this EP actually

I was going to post it in the great 12" thread, but I changed my mind.

Pancake

Everything In It's Right Place

Pancake

The brilliant Ween - White Pepper came out in 2000 although it's not well represented by it's singles