Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What was a good song released in the year 2000?

Started by machotrouts, August 26, 2021, 03:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancake

I thought the RATM cover of Renegades of Funk was a single because it had a video but wiki says nay

Bound 4 Da Reload (Casualty) - Oxide and Neutrino

Nah, I'm kidding.

Or am I?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Feel Good Hit of the Summer, by Queens of the Stone Age.

I didn't much care for Nelly Furtado's squeaky voice, but I'm Like a Bird has popped into my brain and nostalgiad my face off.

purlieu

Quote from: Hat FM on August 26, 2021, 12:40:10 PM
'american english' i dlewild
2002, that.
100 Broken Windows was released in 2000, though, and that's front-to-back great songs. 'Actually it's Darkness', 'Roseability' and 'These Wooden Ideas' are all superb singles.

Manics - The Masses Against the Classes
Do Make Say Think - Goodbye Enemy Airship
Spraydog - Cupid On A Dolphin Mosaic
Blur - Music is My Radar
Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely
Photek - DNA

Just had a quick browse through officialcharts.com month by month in the year 2000.  Jeez, it was a rotten year wasn't it?  Say what you like about "Britpop" but at least it kept some of this dross at bay.

The only songs which popped out that I remember liking are:

Glorious - Andreas Johnson (although it sounds as boring as hell to me now)
Black Coffee - All Saints (love William Orbit's 5-against-4 bit in the second verse)
Can't Fight the Moonlight - LeAnn Rimes (Yeah, laugh, but I'm a sucker for those key changes)

Otherwise it's the year of UK Garage, Craaaaaaaig Daaaavid (all over your... Boink!), Fuckin' Westlife, Fuckin' Steps, Savage Garden, oh God...

And Bob the Builder at Christmas time.  Classic.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Darles Chickens on September 07, 2021, 01:39:04 PM
Bound 4 Da Reload (Casualty) - Oxide and Neutrino

Good song but follow up No Good 4 Me shouldn't have referenced it in the first line, is lame

QuoteBound for the bound bound, we're back again

willbo

I haven't thought about "can't fight the moonlight" for years. I saw AJ singing "glorious" at a festival at the time. I remember my parents playing David Gray's debut a lot, and on holiday we met another family in the pub who had seen him live or something. And then his song came on in the pub.

Custard

Rate Your Music is a handy tool for year specific songs

https://rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/single/2000/

As you can see, Radiohead were winning the battle for wall space that year

Pauline Walnuts

I think I've just remembered my fav 'song' of 2000, Lucky Pierre's Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_05w6KI5WNY