Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:13:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Soup

Started by Jockice, August 26, 2021, 10:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Indian style Carrot and Spinach Soup (with big croutons)

Very simple; 2-3 Carrots (or whatever could use butternut squash or pumpkin; carrots cheap and good though) and 1 onion; fried for few minutes; add a fresh chilli (however hot you want it) and thumbs worth of chopped ginger, fry for bit; red lentils about a cup, garam masala and tumeric (good teaspoon each), fry for a another minute; 1.2 litres veg stock; boil like you would a soup (20 mins); cut up some bread (ciabatta is good) toss in some oil put it in the oven bake to make croutons (about 10 mins), when soup is done salt and pepper to taste blitz (leaving some chunky bits if you like); add spinach (a bag) and coriander (a big handful chopped) and some dried coconut (those blocks are good and last for ages) cook for few minutes more minutes until spinach wilted. 

bowl it up and put in croutons, a dollop of yoghurt, and then sprinkle nigella seeds and a bit of coriander to garnish.  If you've got things like the nigella seeds (not essential) and coconut then this pretty cheap and great I reckon you could get about 10 portions for £2.50ish

Dex Sawash

CBA mincing up ginger, few spoons of jar ginger from Lidl

TrenterPercenter

Winter warmer soup inspo here and one of my all time favourites;

Jamaican Oxtail Soup

No spinners unfortunately as haven't got time but can do a recipe if people are interested a bit later.