Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:11:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Teabagging and being toxic

Started by Barry Admin, August 27, 2021, 12:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

I don't tend to play those types of multiplayer games as you get sick of kids screaming the N word down the mic but can't say it's something I've encountered on the odd occasion I have played them.  Sucked a few dicks in VR (by choice) but no one has dunked their nuts in my mouth so far.

BeardFaceMan

I got teabagged by Neil so much plying BF2 I could probably draw his taint from memory. For me, that kind of thing is just an extension of shittalking my friends while playing couch co-op growing up. It only really works for me when it's with friends, doing the teabagging and the shittalking to strangers I find very odd.

Kelvin

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on August 27, 2021, 03:32:37 AM
I think being toxic and just doing a bit o teabagging with your mates are different things, defo. I think you can easily have a good old light hearted fuckabout in a game teabagging to your fucking heart's content if the atmosphere is right but if you're actively trying to piss off people you don't know... saying it's their fault for being fucked off is a bit Gervais

Well, to be clear, I didnt say that.

Cold Meat Platter

Yeah sorry I was a bit pissed. Love and hugs.

Chollis

Teabagging was an art form in Halo 3, integral part of the game. Wouldn't do it unprovoked obviously, had to be a reason for it.

fit bird

Quote from: Chollis on August 27, 2021, 02:10:59 PM
Teabagging was an art form in Halo 3, integral part of the game.
Completely agree. It's your motivation, the little halo men have fuck all reason to be shooting each other otherwise. It's like in an RPG where the bad guy destroys your village in the first ten minutes. Everything follows on from those balls on your head.

JamesTC

Quote from: Chollis on August 27, 2021, 02:10:59 PM
Teabagging was an art form in Halo 3, integral part of the game. Wouldn't do it unprovoked obviously, had to be a reason for it.

I used to hit the corpses as I walked over them. It wasn't to annoy the guy, I just liked the animation.

Chollis

Quote from: JamesTC on August 27, 2021, 02:32:42 PM
I used to hit the corpses as I walked over them. It wasn't to annoy the guy, I just liked the animation.

yeah, the ragdoll physics on the corpses made it very satisfying to punch them/teabag/shoot them in the head. so many possibilities

Nah, I was always very polite.
I used to play stuff like 64 man FFA on cod 4 so you didn't have time to blink let alone celebrate a kill or wind someone up.

Aw man, they were days, I would play that for hours. Just none stop excitement.

I suppose the way I was toxic was, I remember playing overwatch and passive aggressively reminding people of the mechanics if they were fucking about, like going "you know the payload moves quicker the more people are around it?" at a couple of dogshit hanzos playing target practise near the spawn point.

The real toxic pricks, there were a load of them on a gaming forum I went to that used to think "griefing" was great fun. I thought that was proper cunty. Someone after a hard day, playing a game to unwind and you're ganging up and bullying them, like pinning them in a corner or singling them out, they used to meet up and follow people around to different matches, just ruining their fun. Not in a creative or humorous way, just being utter wanks for the sake of it. They used to celebrate it and put videos on youtube and stuff.
Bells.

nugget

I was well into Battlefield 2142 quite some years ago, and the people on the server that I used to play on regularly would often tea-bag each other as a good-natured taunt. Doing it to some random stranger would have been considered very cuntish. Unless they were playing as a sniper.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Beagle 2 on August 27, 2021, 11:13:33 AM
Twats on FIFA make me want to throw my telly out of the window, standard shitty behaviour includes aimlessly passing it around at the back or standing still shielding the ball, pausing and leaving it, bringing the keeper out on mad runs (alright I do that one as well), that sort of thing. I wish nothing but the very worst for these people (children).

I can't help but drop the ball at the keeper's feet once he's caught it. And then usually set off on some sort of run. If it's a close game, I'll normally pass fairly quickly. But if it's not - and sometimes if it is for reasons I'm not altogether clear on - I'll often try and get as far as I can with him.

Other things I do on FIFA that are probably shitty, but keep me entertained, are standing all the way to one side and taunting when facing a penalty, and if the game really isn't going well I'll try to get it abandoned by having 5 players sent off through the most brutal tackles I can manage, usually well off the ball. Oh, and another one for when the game is gone: I'll tap the slide tackle and switch player buttons constantly when the opposition has the ball in my box and I've got a few defenders around, so there's a mess of bodies on the floor.

I think if I was better at the game I wouldn't do this quite so much. Not least because I wouldn't find myself a number of goals behind quite so often.

Kelvin

Dunkey's obviously the funniest gaming youtuber by miles, and he always enjoys winding people up in fighting games.

Mortal Kombat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxwehhlBVgY

Guilty Gear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEiuRdCZ8UA

Jock Macabre

Quote from: Kelvin on August 28, 2021, 01:02:34 AM
Dunkey's obviously the funniest gaming youtuber by miles, and he always enjoys winding people up in fighting games.

Mortal Kombat:

Guilty Gear:

Proper binged this lad's videos today. Genuinely funny bloke.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Kelvin on August 28, 2021, 01:02:34 AM

Mortal Kombat:

Guilty Gear:

Fucking hell, that's dire. And why I generally stay away from youtubers and online gaming.

Kelvin

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 29, 2021, 09:22:03 PM
Fucking hell, that's dire. And why I generally stay away from youtubers and online gaming.

If I'm honest, those aren't really representative of his general output, and I'd never hold them up as examples of him at his best. The thread just reminded me of them.

Quote from: Jock Macabre on August 29, 2021, 09:11:27 PM
Proper binged this lad's videos today. Genuinely funny bloke.

His twitch streams (available on youtube) are also extremely funny. He's just an extremely funny guy.

BeardFaceMan

I've just never seen the appeal of that type of thing. "Hur hur I made someone quit their game", I just don't get it. And the screaming and voices that go with it .Not using the game to get enjoyment from playing the game, just using the game as a tool to stop others from playing the game and getting enjoyment from that. Horrible stuff.

madhair60

he's literally just using normal moves from the game that can be countered relatively easily?

Ham Bap

Been playing a lot of Chivalry 2 the past month or so. You can chop limbs and heads off and the like. Archers are a pain in the balls, they stand way back from the fighting and just sniper people with no reprecussion.
You can flank them and do a nice head chop.

I have been partaking in a fair amount of teabagging. Its great tbh.
Im 41 years of age.

Kelvin

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 29, 2021, 09:42:01 PM
I've just never seen the appeal of that type of thing. "Hur hur I made someone quit their game", I just don't get it. And the screaming and voices that go with it .Not using the game to get enjoyment from playing the game, just using the game as a tool to stop others from playing the game and getting enjoyment from that. Horrible stuff.

He has whole streams where he's played the games "properly", though. He's just cut a video together from a few matches where he was mucking about.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: madhair60 on August 29, 2021, 09:46:00 PM
he's literally just using normal moves from the game that can be countered relatively easily?

As a way to get other people to stop playing. Again, not getting enjoyment from playing the game but just finding a way to ruin it for others. Tedious, edgelord cuntery.

madhair60

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 29, 2021, 10:00:30 PM
As a way to get other people to stop playing. Again, not getting enjoyment from playing the game but just finding a way to ruin it for others. Tedious, edgelord cuntery.

i thought the joke was that dunkey isn't even playing well and it's inane to rage quit in the face of such easily countered moves? rage quitting because they can't figure out how to hit R2 to block, or just do an uppercut

i'm surprised to see this described as "edgelord", if he was doing some exploit I would understand but he's playing like shit

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on August 30, 2021, 12:15:05 AM
i thought the joke was that dunkey isn't even playing well and it's inane to rage quit in the face of such easily countered moves? rage quitting because they can't figure out how to hit R2 to block, or just do an uppercut

i'm surprised to see this described as "edgelord", if he was doing some exploit I would understand but he's playing like shit

That is definitely the  point of the video, although I do think there's also an element of just goofing around in the game. You can see him playing properly - and actually quite well - in a few of the included clips. He's decent at fighting games and has played loads of them.

Jock Macabre

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 29, 2021, 09:22:03 PM

Dunno what video you were watching, but if it was the Mortal Kombat one, the worst bit of shithousery the guy committed was allowing the other one to spam attack him til his lifebar was depleted almost entirely knowing he was going to be able to beat him anyway.
Most of his videos are game reviews. The genres of games are wide-ranging, and the commentary is pretty insightful and witty. Doesn't come across as an edgelord at all, which is fairly refreshing in terms of American youtubers.

Wonderful Butternut

Ah what the hell, seems like a suitable thread to post my wall of nice things people said to me that I bothered to screenshot when I was playing APB: Reloaded. (My taste in games outside of racing sims is objectively awful):

Best part is I wasn't even particularly good at the game.

H-O-W-L

I tend to be cruel in games, but via actions moreso than words. Recently in The Forest a bloke had the audacity to call me stupid while I was standing on a platform behind my fortification walls, so I threw a flaming spear at his head then shot him with a flintlock.

Replies From View

Do the characters already have their trousers and pants off throughout the game, or does teabagging commence with a de-clothing procedure?