Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:24:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sirhan Sirhan!

Started by bgmnts, August 28, 2021, 12:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

He's back baby!
https://theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/27/sirhan-sirhan-bobby-kennedy-assassination-parole

Had no idea this guy was still alive. He says he doesnt remember the killing but you think that'd stay with you wouldnt it?

Butchers Blind

I dunno, you assinate one senator decades ago and people won't let you forget it.

Dex Sawash

Thought Harrison Ford got a knighted

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on August 28, 2021, 12:46:02 AM
He's back baby!
https://theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/27/sirhan-sirhan-bobby-kennedy-assassination-parole

Had no idea this guy was still alive. He says he doesnt remember the killing but you think that'd stay with you wouldnt it?

From the few lines quoted in the article, he still seems a bit of a wrong 'un. He's learned to harness his anger and will choose peace going forward or something? Still seems like he might change his mind if he gets out and the mood takes him.

Fair play though he lives nowhere near me so crack on I say.

Cold Meat Platter

...they cross their hearts and praaay

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Blondie consider rewrite.
( reminds me of my time in Moscow, when me and my friend would use the Russian phrase " d'vai d'vai ", which translates roughly as " let's go". We would follow up this phrase with either # with your eyes so blue#, or # he's the greatest dancer#.)

batwings

Imagine if he kills another Kennedy. They'd throw the book at him!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Find him a twitter account where he can make unpopular comments about 80s postpunk.

A Sirhan Ratio

non capisco

I went off him when he split into Arcadia and The Power Station.

buttgammon

Such a dickhead they named him twice.

DrGreggles

Weren't there a few unanswered questions about this, such as the marks on RFK's head which suggest that the gun fired inches from his head, but no eyewitness saw Sirhan any closer than a few feet away.
Good documentary here: https://youtu.be/11sDQFLmPX8

Worth watching, if just for this guy's hair.

Mr Farenheit

My brother's well into JFK & Bobby Kennedy stuff. He has a birthday coming up so it would be great if Sirhan gets out and does Cameo.com videos.

pigamus

Quote from: batwings on August 28, 2021, 08:08:29 AM
Imagine if he kills another Kennedy. They'd throw the book at him!

What if it's Emma

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 28, 2021, 09:42:09 AM
Weren't there a few unanswered questions about this, such as the marks on RFK's head which suggest that the gun fired inches from his head, but no eyewitness saw Sirhan any closer than a few feet away.
Good documentary here: https://youtu.be/11sDQFLmPX8

Worth watching, if just for this guy's hair.

The Netflix doc 'Bobby Kennedy For President' is also worth a watch. If I remember right there are some of RFK's staff who were there that don't believe Sirhan did it.

Really striking is audio of the call from the hotel to the police just after, they don't seem to be very interested even saying 'BIG DEAL!' in a really sarcastic tone at one point.

ajsmith2

Great, he can star in Barbarella 2. (to make this post a little less of a bad pun box ticking exercise, it is weird to think that Sirhan Sirhan has been in custody/incarceration since before the release of the original Barbarella)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: non capisco on August 28, 2021, 08:56:31 AM
I went off him when he split into Arcadia and The Power Station.

Was genuinely thinking of Robert Palmer and being quite puzzled for aaaaaages after reading this post, before the image of Milo O' Shea trying to make Jane Fonda cark it from having a right old sexy time of it popped into me 'ead. What am I like, eh?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Please Sirhan Sirhan can I have some morehan morehan

Ferris

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 28, 2021, 07:07:57 AM
Blondie consider rewrite.
( reminds me of my time in Moscow, when me and my friend would use the Russian phrase " d'vai d'vai ", which translates roughly as " let's go". We would follow up this phrase with either # with your eyes so blue#, or # he's the greatest dancer#.)

I spent a few weeks in Moscow many years ago - doesn't that mean "two, two"? One of the only words of Russian I remember (because I was pissed for most of it).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

" dva" is ( one variation of ) The Russian for two. The phrase I quoted is pronounced more like " de(r) vigh "( to rhyme with " high").
The Estonian for " two" is pronounced exactly like " cocks", so that's nice.

Buelligan

This doesn't look good for Corbyn.

Ferris

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 28, 2021, 11:18:55 AM
" dva" is ( one variation of ) The Russian for two. The phrase I quoted is pronounced more like " de(r) vigh "( to rhyme with " high").
The Estonian for " two" is pronounced exactly like " cocks", so that's nice.

How about if you affect a confused smile, hold up two fingers and gesture to the bottles of Baltika 7 hopefully?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 28, 2021, 11:28:17 AM
How about if you affect a confused smile, hold up two fingers and gesture to the bottles of Baltika 7 hopefully?

Done something like this on numerous occasions. Sometimes, the shop assistant will say " cocks?"  for confirmation. Been nudged in the side by my Finnish companion when they can see I'm on the verge of sniggering. Then a bit of a dressing down and a reminder of my age when we're outside the shop.

dissolute ocelot

I have friends who went to Germany and on their return insisted that "nobbin'" was German for good evening, and still say it years later. It's barely even a rude word. (Guten Abend.)

There's a theory that Sir Sirhan was brainwashed by CIA mind control programs and turned into a Manchurian candidate-style hypnotised assassin (as featured in The Naked Gun). Here's an old interview.