Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:51:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fizzy drinks

Started by itsfredtitmus, August 29, 2021, 12:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsfredtitmus

they're just so dependable aren't they youre never a few seconds ago from resetting a situation if u can just go to the fridge and open one they're like cigarettes especially when you buy 24 cans of lild's pepsi and u keep getting one drinking it then another one its like the ultimate stoppage of normative time i love it

what r ur favourite drinks to drink that are fizzy, also

touchingcloth

I like fizzy flavour drinks.

The Mollusk

Had some grapefruit kombucha that my mate had home brewed recently, it was brutally delicious.

Kankurette

Lime Coke and Fentiman's pink lemonade.

Paul Calf

I drink about three litres of Pepsi Max every day.

It was on the album just after they kicked out David Baker and went to pot, but there's a nice mercury rev lyric that goes

"That sudden ray of hope
that comes with every can of coke
I love to feel the roar down my throat"

innit? google says he loves to feel "it roll" down his throat, but that's shite. It's like a backward roar, fantastic!

Yeah, aldi's knock off pepsi max is fab, especially for the price!

Fizzy drinks kick. It's official. Imagine growing up and sipping a warm boring cup of tea or a disgusting coffee or something. Sitting there with your crossed legs reading a broadsheet. Absolutely ridiculous.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 29, 2021, 10:20:22 AM
Quote from: The Mollusk on August 29, 2021, 07:54:43 AM
Had some grapefruit kombucha that my mate had home brewed recently, it was brutally delicious.

I've tried kombucha twice and each time it tasted like poor-quality vinegar that had been left in a cellar for a couple of years. I don't understand how it's become semi-mainstream given that it's 'brewed' with random moulds, slimes and bacteria that have settled on its surface.

Butchers Blind

Does gassy lager count as fizzy drinks?

idunnosomename

can't wait till prosecco o' clock

Glebe

I don't go a bundle on the fizzers myself! Too gassy!

paruses

Quote from: Kankurette on August 29, 2021, 09:47:27 AM
Lime Coke and Fentiman's pink lemonade.

Good nomination.

Must be year before last but the Co-Op were re-fitting and so for some reason sold randomly selected things off at krazy prices. I bought about a dozen of these wine bottle sized ones (750ml) for 34p each. Still got some left as I have managed to not drink them all within a week. Delicious - like drinking liquid turkish delight. (if you don't like turkish delight just imagine you do - it's like that. Delicious).

Kankurette

I had this syrupy rosewater drink in Ning (Manchester restaurant in the Northern Quarter that does Malaysian food) a while back. It was fit and it also tasted of Turkish delight.

Not fizzy though.

DrGreggles

Gurke and Hare

Vimto is the best. The new Fanta raspberry flavour is nice if you can find it too.

I have diabetes so I'm limited to the artificially sweetened ones as a rule[nb]doesn't account for the rest of my shitty diet though[/nb] and it's often quite hard to find ones that aren't cola, which I hate.

Sebastian Cobb

Ginger Beer (but not sugar free, 'cos it's rank) or Irn Bru when I'm 'ere.

TrenterPercenter

I like to have a few Bundebergs or a Fentimans Dandelion and Burdock in the fridge on occasion but most of the time I drink just water; you can't beat it, water is the best.  We are exceptionally lucky in Brum that our water is really nice (we steal it from Wales) I have lived in places where it is horrid though so I appreciate this can be an issue of access.

DoesNotFollow

Better a fizzy drink than fuzzy drunk though, eh?

seepage

Top tip: don't put Aldi White Grape & Blackberry fizzy drink in a Tritan glass, unless you want to be trying to get the taint out for days afterwards. Or use it solely for Aldi White Grape & Blackberry fizzy drink I suppose.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: seepage on August 29, 2021, 02:42:49 PM
unless you want to be trying to get the taint out for days afterwards

Disgusting. This is a family thread.

Cuntbeaks

Belvoir Ginger Cordial has been a revelation as off the shelf Ginger Beer was never spicy enough for me. However, with the cordial you can dial up the intensity as you see fit, just mix with ice cold soda water for maximum refreshment.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Bundaberg Ginger Beer - love the stuff, although have to limit my consumption of it.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on August 29, 2021, 03:12:09 PM
Belvoir Ginger Cordial has been a revelation as off the shelf Ginger Beer was never spicy enough for me. However, with the cordial you can dial up the intensity as you see fit, just mix with ice cold soda water for maximum refreshment.

Tried Idris' or Bundaberg Ginger Beer?

Jittlebags

Jizzy drinks not so much.

Sherringford Hovis

Am probably addicted to ROCKST☆R ЯR energy drinks. I keep a single can in the car and a single can at work and have a proper Gollum hissy argument with myself each time I think I can justify having one.

Would beat a man down for just a couple of mouthfuls of Dragon Soop right now.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 29, 2021, 10:20:22 AM
Working on a 2 litre as we speak. It's so refreshing- I love it!

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on August 29, 2021, 09:57:49 PM
Am probably addicted to ROCKST☆R ЯR energy drinks. I keep a single can in the car and a single can at work and have a proper Gollum hissy argument with myself each time I think I can justify having one.

Would beat a man down for just a couple of mouthfuls of Dragon Soop right now.
The problem with ROCKSTAR compared to other energy drinks like MONSTER is it always has a tendency to make your hands all grubby, like, it's a bit soup-like the consistency. MONSTER ULTRA WHITE goes down like a dark fruits.

I was fiending last night, ended up going to the late night takeaway at 1 to get some PEPSI

H-O-W-L

oh lah di da ark at the anointed ones over here when we had fizz we had to get it at boobies fizzpump for a hashilling a fentleqump.