Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It is Sunday

Started by Greg Torso, August 29, 2021, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Torso

I don't know why I made this thread.

Have a good Sunday, everyone.

Butchers Blind

Bank Holiday tomorrow so no work, unless you are working, then go to work.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A great day for getting out in the garden with a rectal thermometer.

shiftwork2

If I had a lawn I'd mow it around 11.15am.  Feels about right.  Not too early, not too late.

pancreas

I am in the organ loft at a fucking church

Buelligan

You say that like it's some kind of a surprise, no recognition whatsoever that you've been asking for it. 

Take a moment to reflect on your choices.  Make some changes before it is too late, old chum.

Some friendly advice for you there.

pancreas

I am going to play the beginning of also sprach Zarathustra. I find ways to amuse myself.

Buelligan

I fucking love that, children's music (possibly), wish I was there.

poo

idunnosomename

Quote from: pancreas on August 29, 2021, 11:22:21 AM
I am going to play the beginning of also sprach Zarathustra. I find ways to amuse myself.
do you have a timpani up there too

Blue Jam

Just went for a little walk. Found out we have a new little local shop selling organic food and and soy wax candles and that. Went in and found they have A RESIDENT SAUSAGE DOG. Day made. Guess I'll be eating a lot more organic granola from now on...

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 29, 2021, 10:36:34 AM
If I had a lawn I'd mow it around 11.15am.  Feels about right.  Not too early, not too late.

Have lawn, mowed it at 10am this morning.  Cleaned house for arrival of MIL.  Country jaunt, canal walk, saw a tree with tits.  Waiting on a pub meal. Pretty decent.

Blue Jam

In a pub with another sausage dog now. A wire-haired one. This is the best day EVER.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 29, 2021, 05:13:16 PM
A wire-haired one.

I love wire-haired/border terriers. Great dogs.

Just got back from the pub as it happens.

I'm kind of just lazing about because I fixed my amplifier yesterday by replacing the rectifier then drank booze and listened to it at an honestly fairly reasonable volume to celebrate.

posting this largely for buzby's benefit:

chveik

donda day

too long for what it is

shiftwork2

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 29, 2021, 05:08:43 PM
Have lawn, mowed it at 10am this morning.

You went too early.  Life is all about knowing when to go.

Your day is in the bin.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: chveik on August 29, 2021, 05:47:01 PM
donda day

too long for what it is

it's the day of rest, don't need to be religious to recognise that. just don't waste it by dismissing it.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 29, 2021, 05:47:43 PM

Your day is in the bin.

Mate I saw a tree with tits.  You can't take this from me.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 29, 2021, 05:08:43 PM
Have lawn, mowed it at 10am this morning. 

Flymo, push or briggs and stratton?

chveik

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 29, 2021, 05:50:42 PM
it's the day of rest, don't need to be religious to recognise that. just don't waste it by dismissing it.

wut

Butchers Blind

Ah, Sunday. Songs of Praise, Highway, Antiques Roadshow, Last of the Summer Wine, That's Life, then off to bed.

Jasha

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 29, 2021, 05:53:21 PM
Flymo, push or briggs and stratton?

Qualcast Mutilator works best on a Sunday morning

ZoyzaSorris

Been snorkelling through a kelp forest alongside hunting cormorants, masses of wrasse and pipefish and almost got hypothermia, now lying about feeling absolutely knackered and incapable of sentient thought, best fucking Sunday feeling

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: chveik on August 29, 2021, 05:57:01 PM
wut

what? I spend half my time on here saying being alive is a chore but sundays are great because for the most part it's a free day off, unless it isn't. In which case unlucky.

chveik

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 29, 2021, 06:22:25 PM
what? I spend half my time on here saying being alive is a chore but sundays are great because for the most part it's a free day off, unless it isn't. In which case unlucky.

i was talking about the new kanye album that came out today and is almost two hours long

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: chveik on August 29, 2021, 06:30:09 PM
i was talking about the new kanye album that came out today and is almost two hours long

oh, sorry... i'm not going to make time for that.

mothman

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 29, 2021, 05:47:43 PM

Your day is in the bin.

Can confirm. If I'd done ours this morning I'd have been good for nothing the rest of the day. Not long done it and I'm wiped out. Hadn't been cut for at least a month (it kept raining whenever I tried to cut it before we went on holiday).

FitBit reckons I've just spent 45 minutes cycling. Certainly feels like it...

TrenterPercenter

I am absolutely shattered but it's half seven now and I've been out walking in the countryside (and eaten a big old roast) so I've earned my rest. Just going to sit on the sofa now and watch a film - maybe some cheese in a bit (if I've not fallen asleep).

mothman

Completely seized up now. Getting old sucks. I don't know how Tom Cruise does it. Though to be fair I doubt he spends his Sundays carrying furniture and boxes around the house before mowing an overgrown lawn.

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 29, 2021, 07:28:55 PM
and eaten a big old roast

A roast would be lovely round about now! Sadly we have no food in the house and had McDs for a late lunch, at 3pm so a sandwich later will have to do...