Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:16:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gove Any Mountain

Started by Butchers Blind, August 29, 2021, 04:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

Gove goes raving

Careful opening the link as it does include footage of Michael Gove dancing.

Video Game Fan 2000

Video Game Fan 2000

Sebastian Cobb

I find this really surreal as I somewhat tenuously know Emma (friend of a friend who has been at gigs) and also want to know when 'upstairs at o' neills' pivoted from playing landfill indie to doing raves.

Johnny Yesno

Dancing like a coked-up tory cunt.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Emma"I'm playing at O'Neill's on Saturday, September 4 at 9pm.

"He's more than welcome to come back for that, but I think we all saw that raves are more his thing."

Smooth.

Johnny Yesno

'This is a local club for local people.'

Video Game Fan 2000

Gurke and Hare

Fambo Number Mive

Why would anyone buy Michael Gove a drink? Unless they wanted to see him make a fool of himself.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Full-on tonto like Michael Barrymore after he split from his wife? Or trying to make himself bumbling and loveable à la Boris so he can succeed him?

Johnny Yesno

Leo2112

Likely just laundering his image through lolmemes.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on August 29, 2021, 04:55:23 PM
Full-on tonto like Michael Barrymore after he split from his wife? Or trying to make himself bumbling and loveable à la Boris so he can succeed him?

Quote from: ReginaldBowler 21 min ago
What fun. He's gone up in my estimation. Excellent! I never knew he had it in him. Well done Mr Gove. Hope your hangover wasn't too bad.

Goldentony

this doesnt work unless you fuck either word up, you dont call the mauving van do you or get a mauve on, Shamen didnt MAUVE ANY MAUNTEN did they, fucking hell

Fambo Number Mive

It could also be to distract from the accusations of misleading parliament (link below mentions covid, so don't click if you want to avoid stories about covid).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-gove-ppe-contract-labour-b1906025.html

Goldentony

nobodys disussing this til we sort the above out, get that link edited out

Fambo Number Mive

Wonder if Gove will go on Have I Got News For You like Rees-Mogg and red-handed Johnson before him.

What a better Britain we would have had if that programme had stopped when Deayton left.

Milo

Given that so many Tories appear weird and coked up I can't understand why they don't insist on regular drug tests to prevent people suggesting they're all coke fiends. I certainly would if people kept saying I looked like a cocaine user. Remove all doubt.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Goldentony on August 29, 2021, 05:07:47 PM

Look, it's the best I could do on a Sunday after a large lunch and a few Irish whiskeys. My knowledge of rave culture only extends to the early nineties. You come up with a better title.

Milo

I Can't Gove No Sleep? Pretty thin pickings in my mental stash of dance music.

Video Game Fan 2000

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Goldentony on August 29, 2021, 05:07:47 PM

That doesn't work either, you idiot!

I suggest Love Gove ;-p

imitationleather

Fingers crossed this is a massive nervous breakdown rather than attempt to recast himself with a loveable image.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 29, 2021, 04:50:34 PM
Why would anyone buy Michael Gove a drink? Unless they wanted to see him make a fool of himself.
poison

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: imitationleather on August 29, 2021, 05:42:10 PM
Fingers crossed this is a massive nervous breakdown rather than attempt to recast himself with a loveable image.
Nah, he's just pissed/ coked up, innit? Gets let into the club for free, *and* has drinks bought for him.

In Scotland!

imitationleather

Michael Gove really disproving the theory that we could end all wars if the world leaders dropped a pukka.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on August 29, 2021, 05:52:23 PM
Michael Gove really disproving the theory that we could end all wars if the world leaders dropped a pukka.

See your problem there is you've confused 'pukka' with 'pinger'.