Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:51:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Other Two Season 2

Started by Small Man Big Horse, August 29, 2021, 09:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I was convinced that the first season had its own thread but the only discussion of it I can find is: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,58921.msg3731154.html#msg3731154

Anyhow, the set up for the first season was it all about the two siblings of a teenage pop star, but now it's back (albeit on HBO Max instead of Comedy Central) with a minor change, as now the brother has sort of retired as he's off to college but their mother has become a famous chat show host.

It's a delight too, the main cast have fantastic chemistry, the supporting cast includes Ken Marino who's on superb form as always, and this is just something I'm very, very fond of and am so glad it's back after all this time.

Edit: Just remembered, there's a really interesting interview with the show's creators here: https://www.avclub.com/the-other-two-was-set-for-an-encore-then-came-the-pand-1847462108

Moribunderast

Yeah, this is a very funny show. Drew Tarver has become a favourite performer of mine over the last few years with this, his CBB performances and Bajillion Dollar Propertie$. Molly Shannon is always great, as is Marino. The kid playing Chase Dreams is perfectly cast and Helene York is great in her role.

It reminds me of Difficult People but slightly less loud and caustic.

veletision

A great show.

Everyone is great and Marino is just added value in whatever he's in.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The finale has just been released, and the show has been renewed for a third season.

Moribunderast

Thought the season was excellent, though Marino felt a bit under-utilised. Maybe I'm misremembering but it also felt like they went for a bit more drama than in the first season - just in terms of the lead characters' emotional beats. It remained very funny, however. Episode 8, in particular, had me in fits of laughter.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: Moribunderast on September 24, 2021, 11:09:29 PM
Thought the season was excellent, though Marino felt a bit under-utilised. Maybe I'm misremembering but it also felt like they went for a bit more drama than in the first season - just in terms of the lead characters' emotional beats. It remained very funny, however. Episode 8, in particular, had me in fits of laughter.

That's the one with the broken NDA? The main joke was simple and ultra-repetitive, but that's what made it so great.

Small Man Big Horse

Am still behind on this but have just watched the eighth episode and really enjoyed it, the show feels like it has more depth this season and isn't afraid of showing both Brooke and Cary in a negative light. I found the parts with Cary and Dean Brennan quite chilling too, and have to say I'm glad it didn't go in anymore of a darker direction than it did.

Oh yeah, and I'm really liking Josh Segarra's character as well, which wasn't the case last time around, but the way he supports Brooke is quite charming.