Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:30:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What to do with old gaming magazines?

Started by Blinder Data, August 30, 2021, 10:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

Got a big crate of old NGC magazines. I'm tempted to keep a handful but otherwise what to do?

Tip?

eBay? Some people on there are charging 10 quid per magazine! Don't know how many are being bought right enough

Car boot sale?

Surely you've been in a similar position so tell me what you did with yours, please

surreal

if they are selling on eBay maybe list them on there as a job lot collection only or buyer arranges delivery (those things get HEAVY!), just list it for a few weeks and see what happens

Mine went into recycling tbh

JaDanketies

There's a place in Manchester city centre that sells old magazines called Empire Exchange.

Famous Mortimer

Some of them are weirdly valuable. Like Zzap! 64 (if anyone has a set and wants to flog them, please let me know).

pk1yen

Would be great to somehow get them digitised and put on Archive.org.

Seems such a shame to not make stuff like this available. But I wouldn't know how you'd go about getting them to someone with a decent book scanner.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: pk1yen on August 31, 2021, 06:28:38 PM
Would be great to somehow get them digitised and put on Archive.org.

Seems such a shame to not make stuff like this available. But I wouldn't know how you'd go about getting them to someone with a decent book scanner.
There's loads there already - largely complete runs of C&VG and others (I remember because I scoured hundreds of the fucking things looking for a joke image me and my mates liked as kids).

Magnum Valentino

I really want to do that as well with Gamesmaster from around 2001 and 2002 but those issues were so visually dense it would take forever and last time I checked no-one had uploaded them.

stonkers

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 31, 2021, 09:52:41 PM
There's loads there already - largely complete runs of C&VG and others (I remember because I scoured hundreds of the fucking things looking for a joke image me and my mates liked as kids).

I sent some right embarrasing letters into Mean Yob in the 90s, I'll need to see if I can find them.

Cold Meat Platter

I downloaded an archive of old Computer and Video Games mags (C+VG) and the really old ones (early 80s) are really interesting for a few reasons:

Almost all the artwork for everything, including the adverts for the games, is hilariously terrible. Covers were, I assume, drawn by anyone adjacent to the programmer who had done art at school beyond age 12.

Almost all the games are clones/rip offs of arcade games. In fact 'invader' games and 'donkey kong' games are used as genres.

The reviews are bafflingly uninformative, not organised into format and sometimes not even giving the machine the games are reviewed on. And full of mistakes.

Oh and to the OP: roll them up tightly and push them up your cock.

madhair60

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 30, 2021, 10:26:25 AM
Got a big crate of old NGC magazines. I'm tempted to keep a handful but otherwise what to do?

Tip?

eBay? Some people on there are charging 10 quid per magazine! Don't know how many are being bought right enough

Car boot sale?

Surely you've been in a similar position so tell me what you did with yours, please

give them to me for free, please.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Burn them while madhair watches, helplessly

Cold Meat Platter

push them, burning, up Madhairs cock and make Shoulders sniff the entry.

Cold Meat Platter

Burn Shoulders and Madhair while I look on, wanking over a huge crescent of Zzap!64s.

Cold Meat Platter