Author Topic: Only Murders In The Building (Steve Martin & Martin Short series)  (Read 1253 times)

up_the_hampipe

• Crowd appeaser
Out on Hulu today (but I'm sure you'll be able to find it elsewhere), a new comedy series about 3 true crime obsessives who investigate a murder in their apartment building. Looks gently amusing, trailer here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1rQdXXXyI

Always enjoyable to watch Steve Martin and Martin Short together. Reviews are saying they have great chemistry with Selena Gomez, though that doesn't seem very apparent from the trailer. U going 2 watch?

Bad Ambassador

• Sit down, Mario!
Re: Only Murders In The Building (Steve Martin & Martin Short series)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 11:34:51 AM »
It's on Disney+ in the UK.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 10:08:52 PM »
Enjoyed the first couple of episodes they have on Disney Plus. The scripts feel like they front load the comedy and then it moves to the background as the drama rises. I like the brief uses of animation so far too.

After enduring a rewatch of season 6 of 30 Rock, I may have just been relieved to watch a more grounded NY-set comedy.

TheMonk

• Hello folks
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 01:37:26 PM »
It’s lovely that this exists. I miss Steve Martin on screen.
Saw them live together pre-Covid and it was like a warm pair of slippers.

up_the_hampipe

• Crowd appeaser
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 01:55:54 PM »
It’s lovely that this exists. I miss Steve Martin on screen.
Saw them live together pre-Covid and it was like a warm pair of slippers.

Was that in Ireland? I was supposed to see them at the Royal Albert Hall, but that was right when everything shut down. They rescheduled it to later this year then suddenly cancelled it entirely. I was gutted, but then I got a refund for the excessive ticket prices and felt a little better.

up_the_hampipe

• Crowd appeaser
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 08:58:33 PM »
Really enjoyed the first three episodes. Not sure about Selena Gomez's performance yet, but the Martin's are enjoyable as ever and it's an intriguing enough mystery.

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 01:03:49 PM »
This is absolutely fantastic. All three characters are great and so far it indeed is really intriguing.

Does anyone have an idea when episode 3 will go up on Disney Plus?

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 01:45:35 PM »
This is absolutely fantastic. All three characters are great and so far it indeed is really intriguing.

Does anyone have an idea when episode 3 will go up on Disney Plus?

Tuesday I believe.

Ham Bap

• I’m a ham bap.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 01:50:49 PM »
Was that in Ireland? I was supposed to see them at the Royal Albert Hall, but that was right when everything shut down. They rescheduled it to later this year then suddenly cancelled it entirely. I was gutted, but then I got a refund for the excessive ticket prices and felt a little better.

I was meant to go see them in Belfast last March, the 12th, they cancelled 6 hours before the show was meant to start and flew back to the US.
Probably the correct decision but *weep*.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

• Muscular and compact, like corned beef.
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 01:15:58 AM »
I thought the first two episodes were amiable enough, but nothing amazing. A few chuckles here and there, mostly thanks to Short. Maybe the sunny weather has me in a better mood, but I thought it really jumped up a notch in episode three. Some proper belly laughs, particularly the cat in the freezer bit.

It's really nice to see (Steve) Martin doing something good again. Despite a few attempts he never seemed to quite manage the transition into drama like Tom Hanks or Bill Murray did.

Tags: