Author Topic: Sudoku expert plays The Witness  (Read 1954 times)

Re: Sudoku expert plays The Witness
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2021, 09:53:52 AM »
Second Baba video. Love skimming through these the next day a little sped up over a coffee.

MojoJojo

• Between a cow college and a MetaLab.
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2021, 10:41:44 AM »
Yeah, I'm really liking it. I've been playing ahead so the puzzles are fresh in my mind. Ended up shouting mother fucker at the screen a few times. I'm also surprised by how often they find a different solution to a puzzle than I did - Baba is bizarre in that a) there's only a few things you can do b) there are often multiple solutions c) it's still bastard hard.

I'm a little suspicious about how fast they solved Prison. It relies on such an obscure bit of game mechanics that I can't help wondering if someone spoiled it in the comments and Simon kept quiet about it. But then again it's hard to imagine him doing that, he's too lovely.

MojoJojo

• Between a cow college and a MetaLab.
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2021, 08:11:22 AM »
Third was last night. I was a bit worried they'd be zooming ahead of me with the shorter gap but thankfully they're starting to find them hard now. They seem to struggle with the "multi step" puzzles, where you have to rearrange the rules multiple times to reach different objectives, more than I do. They're a bit slow on the sokoban aspects too. I'm getting a new enjoyment watching them struggle over puzzles I finished fairly quickly.

Although they still made more progress than I do in 2 hours.

Tags: