Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:55:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrities you'd like to encounter

Started by Norton Canes, September 01, 2021, 11:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Not in that way. Any celebs you'd really love to bump into?

• Mrs Canes bumped into Tom Baker in Soho, had a chat with him, got his autograph. I have never bumped into Tom Baker. I would dearly love to bump into Tom Baker.
  • I'd like to bump into Stephen Fry. Not because I'm massively enamoured of him but he spent some of his childhood in a small village near ours in Norfolk and I'd love to ask him if he went to our youth club because I remember there being a quite flamboyantly dressed older kid there sometimes and I reckon it might have been him.
  • Any one of Depeche Mode. Even Fletch would do.

Blue Jam

shiftwork2

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'd like to bump into James Corden several times with a lorry.

Dex Sawash

Is there one known for doing sex with randoms?
Oh yeah, Jesus.

GoblinAhFuckScary

feel lame for secretly hoping stewart lee will turn up to one of my shows

Blue Jam

I'd like to bump into Prince Philip. Good thing he's still alive and I've still got a chance.

(I actually have encountered Prince Philip)

GoblinAhFuckScary

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Can't think of anyone at the minute. Will let y'all know when someone springs to mind.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Do the CaB meme people ( ie Roy Kinnear Lookalike and his Medium Breakfast) count as celebrities?

Buelligan

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 01, 2021, 11:20:26 AM

• Mrs Canes bumped into Tom Baker in Soho, had a chat with him, got his autograph. I have never bumped into Tom Baker. I would dearly love to bump into Tom Baker.
  • I'd like to bump into Stephen Fry. Not because I'm massively enamoured of him but he spent some of his childhood in a small village near ours in Norfolk and I'd love to ask him if he went to our youth club because I remember there being a quite flamboyantly dressed older kid there sometimes and I reckon it might have been him.
  • Any one of Depeche Mode. Even Fletch would do.

I did bump into Stephen Fry once, he was all alone with a pile of books and seemed forlorn, felt sorry for him and bought one, which he signed.  We had a hug.  I am a tall thinish person and felt disappeared briefly into Stephen Fry.

I would like to encounter Keith Starmer so's I could push him in the face.

Kankurette

Any of my footballing heroes, except Matt Le Tissier because he is a swivel-eyed conspiraloon cunt.

I've heard Neville Southall is a rude bastard IRL, but he sent me a lovely message on Twitter.

Bad Ambassador

Everyone in my family has met Prince Charles except me. Not that I particularly want to meet him, but I don't like feeling left out.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Kankurette on September 01, 2021, 12:22:41 PM
I've heard Neville Southall is a rude bastard IRL, but he sent me a lovely message on Twitter.

From what I've seen and read about him, he seems like an extremely kind and thoughtful man who has a quite sullen, almost grumpy demeanour that is completely at odds with his character.

The work he's done helping marginalised groups, and his openness to understanding more about the world and his own failings, really shows what a good egg he is.

Obviously having said all that, he will be Milkshake Ducked within the hour.

The Bumlord

Mr Trumpet

I'd like to sit next to Richard O'Brien at Wagamama or a similar restaurant with communal seating arrangements

Blue Jam

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 01, 2021, 12:02:20 PM
Can't think of anyone at the minute. Will let y'all know when someone springs to mind.

Me neither, Lefto.

Kankurette

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 01, 2021, 12:42:56 PM
From what I've seen and read about him, he seems like an extremely kind and thoughtful man who has a quite sullen, almost grumpy demeanour that is completely at odds with his character.

The work he's done helping marginalised groups, and his openness to understanding more about the world and his own failings, really shows what a good egg he is.

Obviously having said all that, he will be Milkshake Ducked within the hour.
Southall also cheated on his first wife - his current wife is the other woman - and sued his daughter for his medals. It's not the most heinous thing a footballer has done, especially when people like Bruno (not Fernandes, the one who murdered his girlfriend and fed her to dogs) and Gazza exist, but it wasn't very nice of him.

I can't hate the guy, though. Not just because of my allegiances but also because it's so refreshing to see a male footballer who is openly pro-LGBT, and from an era when homophobia was even more rife at that.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 01, 2021, 11:20:26 AM

• .... Even Fletch would do.

Bet he'd charge you for an autograph.

C_Larence

I had a dream the other night that I met Orson Welles, and for a few seconds when I woke up I thought "that was great, I should do that in real life" before the reality that he has been dead for nearly 40 years sank in.

Dr Rock

Brundle-Fly

Hitler. Give him a right old slap and say "cut it out, mate".

Fr.Bigley

Michael Mcintyre
James Corden
Sheridan Smith

All in the same room, whilst being pumped full of zyklon B, I can cackle and laugh as I suffocate as they do...the last words they'll hear are "shite cuuuuuuunnnntttttssss......"

Mr Banlon

That's just what I was about to ask. I've always quite liked her.  Is it the 'songs from the shows' -style singing career?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The only annoying thing I can think of about her is that she perhaps went on about her Dad dying a bit too much, as if she was the first person to ever experience grief or loss. Plus, she played Smithy's sister in Gavin and Stacey, and her character was just as much of a shitcunt as Smithy was.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Mr Banlon on September 01, 2021, 06:47:13 PM
Mel Brooks

Better hurry up with that 'un, if you want to make it actually happen. Gone to meet Carl Reiner before the year's out, you mark my words.