Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:36:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrities you'd like to encounter

Started by Norton Canes, September 01, 2021, 11:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

One of the teams I used to work with a job or two ago were very much celeb spot obsessed. Working in that London meant we got loads, mine varied from Nelson Mandela to Monica Lewinsky. We decided that the ultimate spot would be Cristopher Biggins, but despite his seemingly ubiquitous nature he was never bagged, certainly not by me.

Still I can dream can't I?

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Utterdrivel on September 01, 2021, 08:42:42 PM

What's she done?

She's known to be a bit of a bitch in real life, ego to suit. Apparantly based her fella in public too. I think she's one of those that you know deep down is a nasty person under the guise of a teary Judy garland image. Not for me.

Dex Sawash

Blue Jam

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on September 01, 2021, 09:57:53 PM
One of the teams I used to work with a job or two ago were very much celeb spot obsessed. Working in that London meant we got loads, mine varied from Nelson Mandela to Monica Lewinsky. We decided that the ultimate spot would be Cristopher Biggins, but despite his seemingly ubiquitous nature he was never bagged, certainly not by me.

Still I can dream can't I?

Similarly, I must be the only person in Edinburgh who has never spotted Dylan Moran. Every other fucker here seems to have spotted him buying wine, having a picnic in The Meadows etc.

Paul Calf

I once saw Harry Enfield wearing a proper dad jumper in front of York Minster. The woman I was with - my mate's girlfriend - said "I like your show," and he replied "Thank you!" with a big, beaming smile.

I used to see Ian Hislop in Soho quite a lot too, presumably flitting between the Private Eye offices and various media debauches with a grumpy but loveable centrist scowl welded to his face.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on September 01, 2021, 10:07:09 PM
She's known to be a bit of a bitch in real life, ego to suit. Apparantly based her fella in public too. I think she's one of those that you know deep down is a nasty person under the guise of a teary Judy garland image. Not for me.

'based her fella in public'?  A typo or another new phrase I have to look up on Urban Dictionary?

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 02, 2021, 01:21:25 PM
'based her fella in public'?  A typo or another new phrase I have to look up on Urban Dictionary?

Typo for 'basted'. She poured all his own juices over him before eating him whole in public. I've always suspected latent cannibalistic tendencies.

(No, I don't know what it means either).

Fr.Bigley

*blasted. Apparantly pulled the "I gave you a car, and money and I can take it away" shit. A terrible drunk with an attitude, just going by what I've read.

Brundle-Fly

You can't go by what you read, Rev. She's only human and has been thrust into the spotlight since she was a teen. That's enough to drive anyone doolally or to drink.

Blue Jam

She played Cilla Black in that TV thing, that's gotta rub off on you a bit.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Better Midlands on September 02, 2021, 02:29:47 PM
She played Cilla Black in that TV thing, that's gotta rub off on you a bit.

Must have on the zero talent stakes, most definitely.

thenoise

Adam Buxton. I already feel like we're friends due to the hours I spent listening to his friendly voice while I lie in the bath or potter about the house.

If he's in one of his moods, I'll have a completely unreasonable argument with him, so I am immortalised in one of his fuuuuuurious rage rants.

Mister Six

I feel the same way about Buxton, but also I know that if I encounter him he'll probably just want to quietly get on with his day (especially if he's on a train) so I can't really go up and say anything.

NattyDread 2

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 02, 2021, 07:06:10 AM
Similarly, I must be the only person in Edinburgh who has never spotted Dylan Moran. Every other fucker here seems to have spotted him buying wine, having a picnic in The Meadows etc.

Yep, used to see him kicking about all the time.
Would love to have bumped into Mark E Smith in his Edinburgh days.

And maybe Dame Judi Dench because Gary Wilmot told me she's a right fucking hoot.

Sherringford Hovis

Basil Brush.

He's basically the puppet world's Frank Bough - I'd be well up for a night of puppet brasses and puppet chang with old Basil.

Brian Freeze

I once lied about having played pool with Phil DeFreitas so I'd like to do that please.

He was in my local, but I wasn't on that night. Shameful behaviour.

Twit 2

Quote from: Mister Six on September 02, 2021, 03:47:39 PM
I feel the same way about Buxton, but also I know that if I encounter him he'll probably just want to quietly get on with his day (especially if he's on a train) so I can't really go up and say anything.

Despite Buxton living very near to me, I've only seen him once, in my local supermarket. I said hello and had a short conversation. He looked sad, presumably because his dad had just carked, but could have been due to meeting me.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'd like to encounter Oona Chaplin just because I think she's lovely. I'd ask her out to the pictures and then she'd say no.

Fr.Bigley

I'd like to encounter 5 star and ask them "WHy aRrE yOU SO FUCcKing sHIII..."