Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

For the Cardiacs fan

Started by elderford, March 01, 2004, 09:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elderford

Ever wondered what Cardiacs might have sounded like had they decided to be a hardcore band?

Then why not try:

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Someone at work lent me their Calculating Infinity album, think heavy hardcore with shouty singing but with Cardiacs like Zappa fiddly bits and abrupt tempo changes.

Pilf

Yeah, DEP are a great band. Not to be listened to when you've got a bit of a migraine but still great. They were supposed to be supporting at that legendary possible gig I mentioned in the POND thread, further down (DEP/Cardiacs/Fantamos/Melvins).

Neville Chamberlain

Hmmm, yes, this lot are mind-bogglingly complex indeed, although to be honest it wasn't really quite my cup o' tea. The jazzy Zappa/Crimson-y bits are certainly fantastically done though! But I'm not really into 'shouty' stuff...

I do, however, really like that DEP collaboration with Mike Patton, especially When Good Dogs Do Bad Things. The music just seemed to be a bit toned down and more instantly appealing, but then I'm a sucker for Patton's voice!

Good tip, though! They're certainly impressive!

Nearly Annually

Yeah, I got to them via Patton too, but didn't keep them.

Do feel free to take a dip in The Pond anytime, elderford ;-)