Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Loot Boxes WTF?

Started by Tony Tony Tony, September 01, 2021, 10:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 04, 2021, 03:57:20 PM
Bit like tucking into found drugs. Always a gamble but yolo.

As a youth at a squat party I racked up a load of left-over powders on top of a speaker into a line. :/

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on September 04, 2021, 05:56:12 PM
As a youth at a squat party I racked up a load of left-over powders on top of a speaker into a line. :/

How'd it go?

The only massively regrettable drug experience I had was off base speed, got a touch of psychosis the following day and then lay in bed staring at the ceiling for several days.

I did say 'never again' approached with caution once or twice since. Still don't think the comedown's worth the fun.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 04, 2021, 05:59:53 PM
How'd it go?

I'm still here!

A woman was watching me do it and she was appalled.

Sebastian Cobb

Well if she can't handle you at your worst she doesn't deserve you at your best xx

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 04, 2021, 05:59:53 PM
How'd it go?

The only massively regrettable drug experience I had was off base speed, got a touch of psychosis the following day and then lay in bed staring at the ceiling for several days.

I did say 'never again' approached with caution once or twice since. Still don't think the comedown's worth the fun.
Base has no mercy on the comedown. Amazing when you're up but on the way down it takes back a LOT more than it gave. I would struggle to even describe myself as human for a few days after.

Sebastian Cobb

I don't think it's that great on the way up tbh. Not compared to something like MDMA etc. But you're right about it taking back far more time than it gives.

Cuntbeaks

There's nothing like it for dancing all night, throw in some Mandy and you've got a very dynamic evening ahead.

madhair60

I own a funky pop of Cayde-6, RIP

buttgammon

I have no memory of receiving it but someone must've given me a Funko Pop of Moe from The Simpsons, because there's one in my mum's house. It gave me a bit of a fright when I saw it, staring through the half-light as I went to bed after a long day's travel. It's hideous; it looks nothing like him apart from the barman's apron, and the weird eyes make it look like he's suffered some horrible head trauma.

imitationleather

Not gonna lie I'd buy a Cassandra's Miscarriage Funko Pop.

Consignia

Quote from: imitationleather on September 05, 2021, 01:56:32 PM
Not gonna lie I'd buy a Cassandra's Miscarriage Funko Pop.

I mean there is this:

Which is surely along the same lines.

purlieu

Quote from: badaids on September 02, 2021, 07:39:46 PM
Beggars Banquet Records used to do a "bag o'shite" for £10. Half a dozen vinyl records taped up in a black bin liner, all the old toss they felt they couldn't shift. I only picked up a few because it didn't have a Bluetones record in - which is how much of a cock I was back then. But looking back from today I actually got some wicked records for including some great dub that you'd never find in the wild today. I was too dumb to know at the time.
My local indie had a 99p 'never charted' CD singles section, and once in a while they'd bag up loads as mystery bags, five singles for 99p. Got a few interesting things in there, but it was also just a fun thing to buy if I couldn't find a CD I wanted that week. I sometimes picked up two or three at a time. They did the same with cassettes at one point - five for 49p I think - but that was all stuff they'd probably found in a box somewhere, as it was 1998-ish and I remember getting a copy of Simple Minds' 'Ballad of the Streets' EP in there.