Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,377
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:57:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I haven't seen The Matrix

Started by Bigfella, September 02, 2021, 08:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

dissolute ocelot

The early parts of Titanic aren't great but equally it's not unwatchably shit like Far And Away or Australia. You do miss a bit with fast-forwarding, like the Gloria Stuart intro and billionaire James Cameron's class war message with lots of mustache twirling and Oirishness. But it definitely picks up once the boat hits the ice-rock: lots of spectacle and people falling hilariously to their deaths. Probably better than Mannequin 2: on the Move.

Quote from: willbo on September 04, 2021, 08:15:00 AM
Big trouble in Little China is my unseen film I've been meaning to watch for years.
A good rainy Sunday afternoon film, but no Raiders of the Lost Ark.

famethrowa

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

But did you see Saw?

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 05, 2021, 10:57:45 PM
I will never watch this film. At this point, it will never happen.

Frankly, I am delighted the Titanic hit an iceberg and sank.
But if it hadn't hit the iceberg, there would be no film to bother you.

Ferris

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 06, 2021, 02:05:08 PM
But if it hadn't hit the iceberg, there would be no film to bother you.

Shit didn't think of that. Will redraft my official position and get back to you.

Replies From View

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on September 05, 2021, 11:13:59 PM
That's a good reason to watch it tbh. Stick it on halfway through and you'll have a right laugh.

The boat in the film doesn't even break in the correct way.

Replies From View

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on September 05, 2021, 11:21:02 PM
It takes a while to sink.

Hollywood audiences are notoriously slow at absorbing information.  They only realise that the boat is sinking when the credits finally roll and even then they have to go to Wikipedia to learn that anyone died and the Titanic was even a boat.

I reckon they should have Das Booted the fucker and presented an extended television series lasting seven years.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Replies From View on September 07, 2021, 12:16:17 PM
you can also see everything on a moonless night ahhhh

Gulftastic

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 07, 2021, 08:31:33 PM
you can also see everything on a moonless night ahhhh

And thanks to the painting scene, I've seen everything.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Replies From View on September 07, 2021, 12:16:17 PM
It breaks in the way that causes the most people to fall to their deaths screaming, and who cares about accuracy? It's not as if you're going to be in a liner that hits an iceberg and get all pissed off because Titanic lied to you.

Replies From View

Speak for yourself.  I could die screaming without a boat doing that, and I would certainly prioritise shouting angrily instead if it was.

It's ironic that, in a film ostensibly about the intricacies of icebergs, the film makers didn't learn to submerge the correct amount of boat underwater.  It's as if they thought they needed to make sure a different ship didn't then stumble in and crash into the sinking Titanic - GOTTA RAISE ER UP NICE AN HIGH FELLAS - even though doing it properly would have set up a magnificent sequel.

idunnosomename

Fuckin great when that dude hits the propeller on the way down

Icehaven

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 09, 2021, 01:22:42 PM
Fuckin great when that dude hits the propeller on the way down

Best bit of the film. It's even in the video for My Heart Will Go On so Celine Dion obviously loves it too.

Replies From View

Celine Dion presumably wrote that scene herself and was standing on the side wanking while it was being filmed