Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:49:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

And Away... by Bob Mortimer (funnyman autobiography)

Started by Ballad of Ballard Berkley, September 02, 2021, 06:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on September 16, 2021, 08:28:16 AM
I went to see Bob being interviewed by Charlie Higson in Manchester last night. It was funny.
This is what happens when I get out of the habit of paying attention to the rest of the city over the last 18 months. I had no idea of this, or I would have tried to get tickets.

DrGreggles

I went to see Bob being interviewed by Charlie Higson in Manchester last night. It was funny.

Excellent. My tickets to see him at Cheltenham Literature Festival next month have been confirmed. Also seeing Adam Buxton the same day. Should be an entertaining couple of hours.

Went to this as well, a pleasure to see Bob shooting the breeze. Higson on great form as well to be fair.

Spoiler alert
The picture (also included in the book I think) of Chris Rea in the bath with a fried egg was fantastic to see.
[close]

shiftwork2

Quote from: bgmnts on September 16, 2021, 08:10:42 AM
This is great so far. Love some of his Mince voices popping up. It's also great how he will giggle while talking if it's something he finds funny.

Some of his wording is just so genius i'm in awe.

He's just so engaging and funny. Arrived too late for my commute unfortunately but hammering this bastard on my way home.

The Ombudsman

It's here! This will be the first book I've read in a long time.

If anyone else has a signed copy perhaps we could share signatures to see where our books were in the stack to be signed. My signature looks a little tired.

SteveDave

I got 19 pages into this last night and was hooting like an owl throughout.

chrispmartha

I'm listening to the Audiobook, and it's fabulous, I think having Bob narrate it enriches it for me.

turnstyle

About 90 minutes into the audio book. I already feel like the 8 hour run time is going to be way too brief, and I don't want Bob to stop telling me stories.

Jittlebags

I'm saving the Audiobook for a drive back home from Durham on Sunday. So that's nice innit..

Blue Jam

Not really got much to add except this is wonderful. I'm loving recognising little happenings that clearly went on to influence bits of Shooting Stars, Mince etc.

holdover

The audiobook is lovely. The rendition of Summer Of '75!

JamesTC

tinner777

AllisonSays

phantom_power

I love the way he reads this. Sometimes it is conversational and natural and sometimes a bit stilted and he gets caught up in the words a bit but the fact he leaves those in rather than doing another take is very endearing

Blue Jam

I'm noticing a running theme of the decision to wear a Middlesbrough shirt really not working out for him...

bgmnts

Quote from: phantom_power on September 19, 2021, 09:17:04 AM
I love the way he reads this. Sometimes it is conversational and natural and sometimes a bit stilted and he gets caught up in the words a bit but the fact he leaves those in rather than doing another take is very endearing

Yeah it's brilliant.

phantom_power

Not to mention the little smiles you can hear in his voice and his amazing turns of phrase - "I hit the button hard as if it were a doorbell to a pie and mash party"

beanheadmcginty

Heads up that Bob and Paul have just started their own YouTube channel.

Quote from: phantom_power on September 19, 2021, 11:33:32 AM
Not to mention the little smiles you can hear in his voice and his amazing turns of phrase - "I hit the button hard as if it were a doorbell to a pie and mash party"
That one got a giant, delighted laugh out of me. Sheer poetry.

I'm enjoying this so much, really don't want it to end.

Blue Jam

Hmmm. I love Bob Mortimer. I also love dogs. I am therefore finding the contents of page 107 idealogically troubling.

And I bet Wedge was just a lovely big daft bastard, you soft lad.

Blue Jam

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

PaulTMA

Blue Jam

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 20, 2021, 06:49:58 AM
I bet you are, you dirty old bol

No, never mind.

"Are you interested in French cinema at all, Ted?"