Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

100 Most Evil Characters In All Of Cinema?

Started by Dr Rock, September 03, 2021, 06:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

Quote from: Gulftastic on September 04, 2021, 11:44:41 AM
Dandy Dan in Bugsy Malone.

No, I think Fat Sam was worse. Remember that scene where he has one of his gang offed by the others for a slip-up - or was it actually Dandy Dan who did that and I've just made myself look a plonker!?

kngen

40 (???). Mick Taylor in Wolf Creek. Thinking about it, that might be the last proper horror film I watched. Lost my appetite for that kind of stuff almost immediately. So fucking grim.

Dusty Substance

41. The prison warden in The Shawshank Redemption

42. The redneck rapists in Deliverance

43. Toht in Raiders Of The Lost Ark

44. Carter Burke in Aliens

45. Michael Elphick in The Elephant Man

Brundle-Fly

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 03, 2021, 09:44:36 PM
Regrettable, yes. Racist and sexist. Different times. That's a great album cover, though.

Let's cut Mitchem a bit of slack here. It's a cover from his 1957 calypso tribute album of a Trinidadian comedy song written by Roaring Lion in 1935. 

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 04, 2021, 01:54:09 PM
48. Dr. Carl Stoner from Sssssss (1973)

Quite a good film for much of its length, ruined by a shit ending.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 04, 2021, 02:03:46 PM
Let's cut Mitchem a bit of slack here.

Sorry for derailing the thread a little with the Mitchum calypso link. I think he was, like most of weed-smoking Hollywood, probably more progressive than the rest the USA was in the 50s and 60s. He was certainly not like John Wayne who was a genuinely nasty guy.

Like Ballard Berkley said, it was a different time.

Keebleman

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 03, 2021, 06:20:50 PM
Not including supernatural ne'erdowells like Draclia or the Devil.

1. Nurse Ratchett - One Flew Over The Cuckoos Next

Nurse Ratchett is not evil.  She is misguided and ineffectual.  It could be argued that McMurphy is even more wicked as he willfully uses his fellow patients as pawns in his battle with her, never taking into account what is best for them.  I once saw an am-dram production of the play where she was portrayed as 100% wicked stepmother evil, and it took all the tension and drama out of the story.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Keebleman on September 04, 2021, 03:12:59 PM
Nurse Ratchett is not evil.  She is misguided and ineffectual.  It could be argued that McMurphy is even more wicked as he willfully uses his fellow patients as pawns in his battle with her, never taking into account what is best for them.  I once saw an am-dram production of the play where she was portrayed as 100% wicked stepmother evil, and it took all the tension and drama out of the story.

She's probably not intentionally or wilfully evil but I think she's an example of the 'banality of evil' in the sense she's kind of a cog in a system.

Dr Rock

Ratchet is debatably evil, but I put her in as an example that it's a broad category.I think everyone go that already. I'll add the car Christine from the movie Christine.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

N+1. Captain Browning, in '71. There are plenty of characters in that movie who would have a decent shout at inclusion on this list, but this one really stuck with me: callous, threatening to blow a father's head off to get his daughter to speak, double-dealing. Just a terrible[nb]by which I mean very effective[/nb] portrait of the utmost cynicism and ends justifying the means.

chveik

the ouch cube

52. Noah Cross, Chinatown

53. Mr Sands, Scum (really really hate this guy)

badaids

54. Joffrey in Game of Thrones, which I'm pretending is a film.

kalowski

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Dusty Substance on September 04, 2021, 01:11:28 PM

45. Michael Elphick in The Elephant Man

Weird thinking that Elphick worked with both Lars Von Trier and David Lynch.

Anyway, I was going to say Mr Bytes, Freddie Jones' character from The Elephant Man. Don't think I've ever hated someone as much as I did him when I watched the film aged 12.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I've already nominated Jaws, aka Bruce, from Jaws (Shark Film).

Oh, unless you mean the big lad with metal teeth out of James Bond. In which case, carry on.

mothman

The leader of the pair of young men who terrorise the family in Funny Games (2007).

Dr Rock

Johnboy

Henry  portrait of a serial killer

Quite disturbing

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

#?? Jigsaw from the Saw films. He is definitely a murderer - and a particularly nasty one, too - regardless of what paper-thin rationalistion he tries to peddle.