Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:05:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

100 Most Evil Characters In All Of Cinema?

Started by Dr Rock, September 03, 2021, 06:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

God only knows – geddit?! – what number we're at now, but I nominate Paul Giamatti as 'Dr' Eugene Landy in the Brian Wilson biopic Love and Mercy.

I went to see that film with someone who didn't know anything about the Brian Wilson saga, and her first words to me when we left the cinema were "Fucking hell, that psychiatrist guy was such an evil cunt."

So hats off to Giamatti for capturing that essence.

Dr Rock

61 (I think)
Kathie Moffat (Jane Greeer)
1947 film noir Out of the Past has poor Robert Mitchum unable to free himself from the charms of the multi-layered femme fatale Kathie, slowly leading him down a darker path....

Mention of Robert Mitchum has reminded me: his character in Cape Fear is one of the real nasties of cinema.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on September 05, 2021, 11:42:06 AM
Mention of Robert Mitchum has reminded me: his character in Cape Fear is one of the real nasties of cinema.

Page 1

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on September 04, 2021, 05:42:29 PM
N+1. Captain Browning, in '71. There are plenty of characters in that movie who would have a decent shout at inclusion on this list, but this one really stuck with me: callous, threatening to blow a father's head off to get his daughter to speak, double-dealing. Just a terrible[nb]by which I mean very effective[/nb] portrait of the utmost cynicism and ends justifying the means.

great threads tho'

Johnny and Stanley from I Spit on Your Grave (1978).

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

David in Prometheus and Alien Covenant. Obviously evil, to a comical degree.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 05, 2021, 10:13:12 AM
61 (I think)
Kathie Moffat (Jane Greeer)
1947 film noir Out of the Past has poor Robert Mitchum unable to free himself from the charms of the multi-layered femme fatale Kathie, slowly leading him down a darker path....

Hmm in that case I guess you could have Phyllis Dietrichson from Double Indemnity and Diane Tremayne from Angel Face.

Red Lantern

It's hard to find anyone more evil that the society of French torturers in Martyrs. A special tip of the hat to
Spoiler alert
Mademoiselle, who, upon receiving news of the afterlife from the horribly tortured main protagonist, selfishly kills herself without telling anyone else about it.
[close]

Dr Rock

I guess Bridget Gregory (Linda Fiorentino) in  The Last Seduction deserves a mention.We're mostly on her side, charmed by her winning way with manipulation,but she's a murderous psycho really. Sorry Bridget, I still love you....

Sebastian Cobb

Catalogue Trousers

QuoteRemember that scene where he has one of his gang offed by the others for a slip-up - or was it actually Dandy Dan who did that and I've just made myself look a plonker!?

It was Dandy Dan. You goofed, Doodles.

I'd say the Right Ordinary Horatio Jackson from Gilliam's The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen qualifies. A thoroughly ruthless and evil little man. How many people have died in this rational little war of yours?...

Oh, and on the subject of Jonathan Pryce, see also Mr Dark in Something Wicked This Way Comes. I don't care if that counts as supernatural. But not Eliot Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies - an immensely fun pantomime villain, yes, but never really comes across as horrifically evil.

Brundle-Fly

Fambo Number Mive

Sebastian Cobb

Dusty Substance

Good call on Martyrs. Still one of the most shocking and unpredictable films I've ever seen - That ending stayed with me for years.

I recognise Uncle Frank from Hellraiser, the manager of the home for the blind in whichever Amicus movie that was and the ventriloquist doll from Dead Of Night, but who's the woman holding the gun and the bloke with the dogs? Both look familiar but I can't place them.

70-ish. The little scumbag shits in Eden Lake

71. The slightly older scumbag shits in Funny Games

72. Mason Verger in Hannibal

mothman

SteveDave

Peter Sellars as Lionel Meadows in "Never Let Go" He's fucking terrifying in it.

SteveDave

Beatrice Dalle as "La Femme" in "À l'intérieur"

Cuellar

"Lord" Voldemort from the Harry Potter films. Just awful, horrible man.

El Unicornio, mang

Brick Top in Snatch. Ritchie's original plan was to have him as a nonce, but one of his regular crew members from Mexico said that making him someone involved in dog fighting would inspire even more hatred in the viewer. Not sure if that's true but he is an "'orrible cunt" and I imagine pretty close to a lot of those old school East End hard men who surround themselves with brick shithouses.