Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:14:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Undereating.

Started by Fr.Bigley, September 04, 2021, 01:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

So did a basic count of my caloric intake (which has for the last few weeks, been without booze) and it seems I'm only just hitting 2000 cls a day, now I don't have the biggest appetite but I have hearty (but healthy) meals most days and wondered why I was losing weight...booze made up a lot of the calories but I'm not sure the old stomach can handle another meal a day, even after a long run or a swim I don't feel hungry...dilemma. thoughts?

Butchers Blind

Buelligan

You want us to tell you to start drinking again, don't you?  Well, I won't and that's that.

Sebastian Cobb

Have you considered eating things like crisps? Loads of calories in them.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Are you eating three meals a day? Make them a bit more calorific. De Niro got fat eating cream laden pasta dishes for Raging Bull, so that's something to consider.
You should be hungry after a run or a swim though. Soup?

GoblinAhFuckScary

i've stopped drinking beer lately and since then it's felt like i've been withering away a tiny bit and my bmi has me at the high underweight point. i've never thought about counting calories before; is it easy? i'm quite a chaotic eater, just tossing veg, herbs and spices in any particular way. it's alchemy

Fr.Bigley

I mean it's a standard 3 meals a day 30/30/40 veg, carbs and protein, I'm a tall fella and at 80kgs I look quite skinny if im anything under 85kgs. Can't abide protein shakes, don't eat sugary anything and have tried more oils and fats but not getting to the 3000 cals a day as I was when boozing. Absolute won't be drinking again for the record!

chveik

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: chveik on September 04, 2021, 02:49:18 PM
drink loads of cum

Bit too much sodium for the old blood pressure, kind words though.

JamesTC

Depending on your height, weight and activity level, 2000 a day might be all you need.

Stick all your stats here and see what they recommend to stay at your current weight.

Buelligan

Maybe god likes you skinny.

bgmnts

Can we stop stomachs for a few months? Cheers.

Fr.Bigley

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: JamesTC on September 04, 2021, 03:07:33 PM
Depending on your height, weight and activity level, 2000 a day might be all you need.

Stick all your stats here and see what they recommend to stay at your current weight.

According to this I need 3009 calories to maintain 198lbs at 6'3.

Butchers Blind

Cook everything in lard.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on September 04, 2021, 01:53:14 PMwondered why I was losing weight

Men need 2,400 calories a day so if you're taking 2,000 a day it doesn't take a scientist to work that out. You're basically dieting without putting any effort in.

Chollis

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: checkoutgirl on September 04, 2021, 03:46:00 PM
Men need 2,400 calories a day so if you're taking 2,000 a day it doesn't take a scientist to work that out. You're basically dieting without putting any effort in.

Does that mean in theory man could live on 4800 tic tacs a day?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Meh. Are you hungrier than usual? Are you eating proper food? Are you gone all weak? Has a doctor told you holy fuck you're dangerously underweight? Might be that 2000 cal/day is okay for you actually.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 04, 2021, 04:03:14 PM
Meh. Are you hungrier than usual? Are you eating proper food? Are you gone all weak? Has a doctor told you holy fuck you're dangerously underweight? Might be that 2000 cal/day is okay for you actually.

No hungrier, always eat properly (bar the odd weekend kebab) feel generally quite good and seem fine, I'm 198lbs which for my height I suppose is fine albeit makes me look a tad skinny. Maybe it's just a vanity ting.

Sebastian Cobb

The good thing about not owning scales is you don't really know if you've put on weight.

Well until you struggle to get in your trousers. Denial gets harder then.

who cares

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 04, 2021, 03:58:47 PM

"Man cannot live on tic tacs alone."

You'd probably want to supplement it with some Frazzles.

flotemysost

Yeah, booze will up your calories for sure but they're empty calories, so if you feel OK then I wouldn't worry too much. Stuff like olive oil, avocado, nuts and oily fish are pretty calorific but good for you, if you wanted to up your intake, but I wouldn't have thought there's much point in doing that for the sake of it.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 04, 2021, 04:43:04 PM
The good thing about not owning scales is you don't really know if you've put on weight.

I had to weigh myself recently for the first time in ages (before a doctor appointment, using my flatmate's scales, I don't own any) and the reading suggests I'm the heaviest I've been in a while, but I feel fitter and slimmer and I'm wearing smaller clothes than I have in the past. A while ago seeing that would have made me spiral massively into self-loathing bulimiageddon, but these days = ARSED.

Same for BMI, as a shortarse it's inevitably going to skew towards the higher end (it's still in the healthy range) and I'm OK with that, not taking it as the be all and end all. Though I appreciate it is useful for people with a significant amount of weight to shift/gain.

Jasha

Classic tapeworm, time the start mashing through your stools

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on September 04, 2021, 03:40:06 PM
According to this I need 3009 calories to maintain 198lbs at 6'3.
Makes me wonder about myself, as I'm 6'4 and weigh in about 182-185 pounds*. I've always had twig-thin limbs but I noticed as I ambled through my 30s that I was putting weight on in the belly area, because of the booze of course, though I suspect it was also due to medication as I was on, as when I came off it, I dropped about 10 pounds in two months.

I know I should eat better, but it's a bit difficult as I find the whole process of eating uncomfortable.

*when I was 21 or so, I was closer to 150, as low as 140 at times, which looking back seems a tad unhealthy.

thenoise

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 04, 2021, 03:58:47 PM

1200 tic tacs, Einstein. No wonder half the country's obese.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Jasha on September 05, 2021, 01:02:14 PM
Classic tapeworm, time the start mashing through your stools

There's really no need to be alarmist, it's definitely not a tapeworm. It's AIDS.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 05, 2021, 01:54:58 PM
There's really no need to be alarmist, it's definitely not a tapeworm. It's AIDS.

That was my first thought.