Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Undereating.

Started by Fr.Bigley, September 04, 2021, 01:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

Peanut butter has about 100 calories per tablespoon, healthy and full of protein, and can be added to most things. Goes nicely in a smoothie or protein shake as well.

flotemysost

^ good shout, I always dollop it into stir fries to make a basic satay-type sauce. Maybe that's where the extra invisible pounds are coming from.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on September 05, 2021, 01:13:15 PM
182-185 pounds

Sad people aren't using stone as a weight measurement on here. Pounds and kilos seem to be the order of the day.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: checkoutgirl on September 05, 2021, 06:55:11 PM
Sad people aren't using stone as a weight measurement on here. Pounds and kilos seem to be the order of the day.

It's mostly because most converters online are set up for lbs and kgs I think. I still use stones but mu scales are by default kgs too. Metricising the world covertly.

MojoJojo

Stones seems to be a UK thing.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on September 06, 2021, 09:31:01 AM
It's mostly because most converters online are set up for lbs and kgs I think. I still use stones but mu scales are by default kgs too. Metricising the world covertly.

Measuring in pounds rather than stone probably helps psychologically as well when you're losing weight, as you don't end up crossing an invisible boundary with your next milestone another 14lbs away. Also a lot of body measurements which indicate health (BMI, waist-to-height) are expressed as ratios of two different measurements, so you need to convert stone to pounds and feet to inches for that sort of thing anyway so it makes most sense to know the units by, and convert from there into something bigger if you need to.

Metric units for the win, though. Imperial is the invention of an absolute lunatic.

Dr Rock

STONES TIL I DIE

Have you considered becoming Batman? Just a couple of hours leaping across the rooftops and beating up baddies and the weight will melt off. Don't do it if you're like 18 stone obv.

who cares

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 06, 2021, 10:12:35 AM
STONES TIL I DIE

Is that 'cos of your username?

I've had to become conversant in both metric and imperial, it's mildly irritating. They need to set a date and ban one or t'other; and while they're at it switch to driving on the right as well.

Vinnie01

Quote from: who cares on September 06, 2021, 10:37:33 AM
Is that 'cos of your username?

I've had to become conversant in both metric and imperial, it's mildly irritating. They need to set a date and ban one or t'other; and while they're at it switch to driving on the right as well.

I use Stones as I grew up with it but measurements is all mainly in millimeters, some will be in meters or centimeters.

I don't drink myself.
As for having appetite, that really depends on your mood. High Anxiety and Stress has caused me not to eat for 4 days recently. Where I am currently being check on by the nurse.

Also it depends on what you eat and how much you eat. Smoking affects the weight too as I am a relapsed smoker myself.

SpiderChrist

I could do with losing weight but weed and crisps mate.