Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:10:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Culture war storm in teacup over Roy Chubby Brown event cancellation [merged]

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 05, 2021, 10:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on September 06, 2021, 12:40:18 PM
Lad on the left looks like Stephen Graham playing Fred West.
Trying to explain to my wife why I'm laughing my head off as she watches Silent Witness.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: kalowski on September 06, 2021, 09:19:18 PM
Trying to explain to my wife why I'm laughing my head off as she watches Silent Witness.

It's such a perfect description. Rugs off to you, Indomitable Spirit.

Jock Macabre

Quote from: Bernice on September 06, 2021, 09:14:20 PM
ooh sorry mate, let's talk about things that happened shall we. gosh wasn't it good when that dog barked? did you hear about the man who stepped off a curb? bloody mad one mate, mad one.

Don't get why the guy kicked off either, mate. It's your fundamental right to voice your displeasure at other people discussing a topic you have no interest in.

Bernice

Goldentony

its like combed up from the back then put into a sphere from what I can see

Indomitable Spirit

Quote from: kalowski on September 06, 2021, 09:19:18 PM
Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 06, 2021, 09:24:06 PM
It's such a perfect description. Rugs off to you, Indomitable Spirit.

Jock Macabre

Quote from: Bernice on September 06, 2021, 09:29:39 PM
I don't give a shit please don't talk to me again.

That sucks. I was hoping I could join your gang and we could go around interrupting innocuous conversation with misplaced ego and inexplicable negativity.

Check out whichever dunce started the second of the two threads.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Roy Chubby Brown isn't even a very good comedian. If his hateful and hate- filled racist jokes were finely crafted and nuanced, I might consider defending his right to ply his trade to his thick as pigshit, ignorant audience for a split second or two.Fuck knows how he's lasted this long in his career as a comedian. He even made a film, all those years ago. Sarah Stockbridge and Trigger were in it. Baffling.

I see that Fake Chubby is as much of a racist cunt as the real one: https://youtu.be/wldrqnYzwRc

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 07, 2021, 07:34:50 AM
I see that Fake Chubby is as much of a racist cunt as the real one: https://youtu.be/wldrqnYzwRc

To be fair, amongst the people this gentleman claims to be against, he names " Vegan eatin' cunts". I must admit that I, too, am strongly opposed to cannibalism.
Some very strong material, too. I particularly .liked his joke about how the black James Bond would introduce himself. If I had cracked that bon mot when I was say, 5 or 6 years old, I'd have been the toast of the infants' playground, and quite rightly so.

BritishHobo

It's proper horrible writing on the wall shit that, isn't it? You've got this guy saying "You can't talk about pakis, Muslims or blacks anymore", and closes by saying that a black James Bond would introduce himself "The name's Nog. Niggy Nog." And the audience whoop and applaud, and the comments are full of people saying "what a legend, so funny!" Absolutely no pretence.

phantom_power

Can we have a counter-petition to get him flung into the sun by an angry elephant?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: BritishHobo on September 07, 2021, 08:41:10 AM
It's proper horrible writing on the wall shit that, isn't it? You've got this guy saying "You can't talk about pakis, Muslims or blacks anymore", and closes by saying that a black James Bond would introduce himself "The name's Nog. Niggy Nog." And the audience whoop and applaud, and the comments are full of people saying "what a legend, so funny!" Absolutely no pretence.

He also seems genuinely angered at the prospect of a black James Bond. In common with yer actual Roy Unfunny Brown, there's more hateful bigotry and out-and-out prejudice on display here than anything approaching any form of wit. Ah, well.

BritishHobo

Yeah, it's fascinating how the first half of the clip is just out-and-out anger that somebody might DARE dislike Roy Chubby Brown, or be opposed to unapologetic racism.

And as always, the types who purport to be all about free speech, and not getting offended, and letting people be, are the most aggressive, humourless thin-skinned cunts imaginable. He's got to throw that vegan insult in there, because it boils his fucking brain that somebody might dare to have a different view on the world to him.

idunnosomename

Billingham near Middlesborough, born and raised
Being racist was how I spent most of my days

Magnum Valentino

kngen

Quote from: BritishHobo on September 07, 2021, 09:12:22 AM
Yeah, it's fascinating how the first half of the clip is just out-and-out anger that somebody might DARE dislike Roy Chubby Brown, or be opposed to unapologetic racism.

And as always, the types who purport to be all about free speech, and not getting offended, and letting people be, are the most aggressive, humourless thin-skinned cunts imaginable. He's got to throw that vegan insult in there, because it boils his fucking brain that somebody might dare to have a different view on the world to him.

I'm doing my best to try and avoid most of the currently artificially created culture war bollocks, but when I watch stuff like that, I can't help thinking: "Mmm, necklacing - that's something you don't hear about much these days. Maybe it's time for that to come back into fashion.'

Captain Z

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on September 06, 2021, 09:07:08 PM
What makes you think anyone would bother ploughing through this disingenuous pile of reject tripe when it's got your name attached to it your first few words prove that you can't even parse a sentence correctly?

Is there no difference between one venue and a charity that manages multiple complexes?

Video Game Fan 2000

Imagine if James Bond was a butcher, he'd introduce himself by saying "The names Meat, Choppy Meat" wouldn't 'e?

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on September 07, 2021, 02:44:36 PM
Is there no difference between one venue and a charity that manages multiple complexes?
Is there any difference in meaning between "The Sheffield City Trust venue" and "The venue, which is one of a number managed by Sheffield City Trust,"?

Might start a separate Chubby GC/Gary Gobstopper thread.

Imagine paying £25 for this: https://memmo.me/gb/en/profile/chubby-brown-tribute

And this, underneath a Facebook post advertising one of his gigs, is pure deso:

Wezzo

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 07, 2021, 04:09:13 PM
Might start a separate Chubby GC/Gary Gobstopper thread.

Imagine paying £25 for this: https://memmo.me/gb/en/profile/chubby-brown-tribute

And this, underneath a Facebook post advertising one of his gigs, is pure deso:

....but this wasn't it.

DrGreggles

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on September 07, 2021, 04:07:52 PM
Is there any difference in meaning between "The Sheffield City Trust venue" and "The venue, which is one of a number managed by Sheffield City Trust,"?

Yeah of course, the OP's implication is that there is a single venue called the Sheffield City Trust:

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 05, 2021, 10:55:49 AMThe decision by one venue - which I understand is publically funded - to cancel a performance by a comedian

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 05, 2021, 10:55:49 AMOne venue cancelling a comedian doesn't make an attack on free speech.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 05, 2021, 10:55:49 AMI see the GB News tweet was worded to not make it clear the venue cancelled the comedian

The venue here is Sheffield City Hall. This is a single building, with a single workforce. This venue presumably booked Chubby. Sheffield City Trust is a facilities management company, and this entity has banned him. Hopefully they've banned him from all their leisure centres and golf courses too, surely their values don't stretch to allowing famously hate filled people to use the Trust's facilities to prolong their hate filled lives.

Incidentally, in 1934, Oswald Mosley and the British Union of Fascists held a rally in the Hall, so they clearly have form, right kids: https://sheffieldmusicarchive.co.uk/sheffield-city-hall/sheffield-city-hall-listing/ (Temptingly, that webpage features an 'add support act' facility.)

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on September 06, 2021, 07:16:53 PM

Chubby Brown sees that picture and comes up with joke about Chinese diet, slitty eyes and saying 'velly' instead of 'very.'