Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:31:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dexys to ruin Too-Rye-Ay

Started by holyzombiejesus, September 06, 2021, 11:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Just seen this, looks like there's a reworked album due. Oh God, it's going to be horrible, isn't it?

sevendaughters

fair play if it's Rowland farting over the original songs, or playing them on a kazoo. this sounds like a fucking nightmare.

Custard

Why oh why oh why do they insist on mucking about with things?

the science eel

Ah no. It'll be fine. The last gig I saw - the soul revue thing - was ace.

Going to book for Newcastle, probably.

Pauline Walnuts

Has he got really thin ankles or is that trick of the photograph?

DrGreggles

I saw their last tour and it was fantastic.

No interest in a reworked album though.

Custard

Everytime they do anything different to the original album, that Back To The Future "something has changed" tinkle should go off

sevendaughters

always a rum sign when there's no 'single' or preview material

Paul Calf

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on September 06, 2021, 12:40:50 PM

The former, I'd imagine. He's not a well man.

sevendaughters

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on September 06, 2021, 12:40:50 PM

band edict. Kevin must appear to have the best skirt, thinnest ankles, and largest hat at ALL times. failure to comply with this request sees band implode and extra letters taken out of band name.

Neomod

At least the tagline doesn't say 'How it SHOULD have sounded'.

Love that album.

scarecrow

Hope he's replaced 50% of his original vocals with those of a strident, husky voiced South England drama student.

He should've polished up the 90s demos and released them as an alternative comeback album.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 06, 2021, 01:11:08 PM
band edict. Kevin must appear to have the best skirt, thinnest ankles, and largest head at ALL times. failure to comply with this request sees band implode and extra letters taken out of band name.

Fixed. His head is fucking MASSIVE.

Goldentony

Remember that godless version of Geno they did in Jools Holland that one time? I dunno if you watch that, I used to but people said it meant I wanted to kidnap people or something, anyway they finally did Geno and it was some god fucking awful Buena Vista Social Club copy of Mr Nice thing like half beat poetry half house party jam session, just fucking bad in every imaginable way. Wonder if that'll be a whole concert of this? you'd hope so, I really like the idea of that more than anything else they could do atm

imitationleather

Absolutely love Sting's reworkings of Police songs done on a lute, me.

Pauline Walnuts

Maybe it's just the big shoes that make his ankles look like Tweety Pie.

Still you what they say about men with big shoes...

Goldentony

dirty ron atkinson BASTARD with no shoes on on the fucking sax too

kalowski

Got some good songs on it but not a patch on Don't Stand Me Down or Young Soul Rebels.

Paul Calf

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 06, 2021, 01:26:12 PM
What makes you say that?

My lawyers have requested that I don't comment further.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I, for one, am gladdened to see a visual rendering of the answer to the question " What do you get if you cross Ron Mael with Olive Oyl?".

BeardFaceMan

Don't suppose anyone has a link to that clip of Rowland singing like a horse? That always brightens my day.

Pauline Walnuts

Neomod

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on September 07, 2021, 10:33:54 AM
Don't suppose anyone has a link to that clip of Rowland singing like a horse? That always brightens my day.

The Horse is an instrumental you fule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkw7NriRuyI

Purple Toupee

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on September 07, 2021, 10:33:54 AM
I'm guessing it's this lovely performance: https://youtu.be/C3rg4psdHxw

BeardFaceMan

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It's a smashing blouse dress Kev, but you were absolutely killing it 20 years ago:

You can't best that, so why bother?

Brundle-Fly

It's interesting how much derision his My Beauty image got at the time (1999.)  I wonder how it would be received today? Probably, a little more kindly.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It's not the fact that he's wearing a dress that's an issue, and I'm not sure that it ever was. It's more the fact that he's got his tits out and has lifted up his skirt to proudly display his cock and bollock bulge.

scarecrow

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 07, 2021, 03:21:40 PM
It's not the fact that he's wearing a dress that's an issue, and I'm not sure that it ever was. It's more the fact that he's got his tits out and has lifted up his skirt to proudly display his cock and bollock bulge.
Legend has it that when Rowland was working on an autobiography (which I think was completed but never published), he insisted on first meeting his ghost writer in a Soho swingers club. The man is a sexual being; he cannot help it.