Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

G11nner's erosion eleven: TERF speedrun (career/family skip, any%)

Started by madhair60, September 07, 2021, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

[removed and taken to PM]

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Jumblegraws on September 17, 2021, 10:38:55 AM
For those unaware, the judgement in the Bell v Tavistock appeal is finalised today, scheduled for 2pm, so I'm expecting some high octane bananacuntery today.

Or not, since I've said something like that at least once before and Greybum just sat in his cave and did nothing.

come onnnn bellenddddd

madhair60

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Jumblegraws on September 17, 2021, 10:38:55 AM
For those unaware, the judgement in the Bell v Tavistock appeal is finalised today, scheduled for 2pm, so I'm expecting some high octane bananacuntery today.

Or not, since I've said something like that at least once before and Greybum just sat in his cave and did nothing.

There's rumours circling that this is a massive loss for the terven and they're being told to brace themselves so he might have a spittle flecked rant incoming

Quite weird how he hasn't commented at all on his day out in Wales. Almost as if he realises he behaved like a complete dope at a shitshow of a protest.

idunnosomename

Account deletion incoming. Or maybe he's having a fugue. Either way hardly anyone calls Graham Glinner except the cunt himself.

QDRPHNC

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 17, 2021, 11:55:36 AM
You have to admit though, he's a master of misdirection.

"Must send this to Glinner"

Masterful way to throw us off the scent.

retsuza

Quote from: He Deserves To Die Spice on September 17, 2021, 11:49:08 AM
Quite weird how he hasn't commented at all on his day out in Wales. Almost as if he realises he behaved like a complete dope at a shitshow of a protest.

It's because he's lazy as fuck, that would require a minimum amount of effort. It's a lot easier to just publish shit other people wrote or to make a blog post about some tweets you found.

JaDanketies

I'm worried if he ever comes to Manchester I won't be able to resist going down to witness it and potentially aggravate him. I've got to remember I'd likely end up with as many as five reviews on my Facebook Business page calling me a misogynistic groomer

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on September 17, 2021, 11:44:18 AM
There's rumours circling that this is a massive loss for the terven and they're being told to brace themselves so he might have a spittle flecked rant incoming

pls!

frajer

Moley do me a meme of my face on a map of Wales.
Moley do me a meme of my face on a map of Wales yeah.
Magnificient as always Moley cheers.

retsuza

Quote from: retsuza on September 17, 2021, 12:29:39 PM
It's because he's lazy as fuck, that would require a minimum amount of effort. It's a lot easier to just publish shit other people wrote or to make a blog post about some tweets you found.

Just realised he has another outlet and yes he did do a Mess about it. I would hate-listen but they're just so damn boring.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 17, 2021, 12:34:56 PM
I'm worried if he ever comes to Manchester I won't be able to resist going down to witness it and potentially aggravate him. I've got to remember I'd likely end up with as many as five reviews on my Facebook Business page calling me a misogynistic groomer
I'm not too far from the Scottish Parliament, but I'm wary about going spying on protests unless I have a prominent sign clearly displaying my position, just in case I get mistaken for a supporter or included in a headcount or branded a TERF. I'm far too polite to seriously hassle anyone and be included on glinner's shitlist, alas.

Kankurette

I have to ask, what exactly are kids taught about trans people in schools? Because a thread about faith schools on Mumsnet got derailed by some idiot ranting about how woke the C of E is and how kids were being indoctrinated by Mermaids and blah blah. Schools aren't seriously telling little girls who play with trucks that they're trans boys in disguise, surely?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Kankurette on September 17, 2021, 01:30:20 PM
Schools aren't seriously telling little girls who play with trucks that they're trans boys in disguise, surely?
I highly doubt it.

(I mean, it can't be that difficult to tell kids something along the lines of "sometimes a grown-up is very unhappy being a man/woman, and a special doctor can help them become a woman/man instead" and leave a more complicated explanation until they're teenagers).

GoblinAhFuckScary

BELL V TAVISTOCK OVERTURNED AWW YISSSSS

Quote from: Gendered IntelligenceThe Court of Appeal has today reversed the judgment handed down in Bell v Tavistock by the Divisional Court. We are proud to have stood with subject experts Brook, The Endocrine Society, and Liberty, as well as having the backing of legal experts The Good Law Project. Thanks to this intervention, the court heard submissions from GI — the only trans-led organisation given a voice in this appeal — and other experts in reproductive health, young people's competency, and endocrinology.

The Court of Appeal has stated that "the [original] claim for judicial review should have been dismissed" outright. The Court of Appeal decision is great news for trans youth, and points out that it "was inappropriate for the Divisional Court to provide the guidance" in the first place.

Gillick Competence

The guidance as demanded by the Divisional Court has been found to be "an improper restriction on the Gillick test of competence". The Court of Appeal's judgment makes it clear that decisions around Gillick competence are the same for trans youth as for all others, and that no unique restrictions need be placed on a person's ability to consent simply because they are trans.

What now?

To our knowledge, not a single patient has been put forward to the endocrinology teams since the Divisional Court's December 2020 decision. The Court of Appeal highlighted that at no point were the Tavistock's policies and procedures found to be unlawful. There is no reason for NHS England to not return to its original treatment pathways.

Gendered Intelligence believes it is important that NHS England update/revert their guidance to reflect the Court of Appeal's decision, and we will be writing to them to ask that this is looked at urgently.

Until the NHS England guidance is changed, a court order will still be needed for referral for endocrine services. We imagine that until the guidance changes, there will continue to be no new referrals.

At Gendered Intelligence, we are very happy that the Court of Appeal has reiterated the importance of Gillick competence for all, without restrictions. We remain cautiously optimistic that things will improve for trans youth and that their healthcare needs will be met in a timely fashion.

If you want to know more about Gendered Intelligence's stance on puberty delaying treatment as a whole, click here for our new position statement (PDF).

The appeal judgment confirms that it is ultimately "for clinicians to exercise their judgment" around the referral of patients for puberty delaying treatment, seeing as how they are already "subject to professional regulation and oversight". The Court of Appeal has stated that the original Divisional Court decision covered areas which "were not suitable for determination in judicial review proceedings" and that "the claim for judicial review should have been dismissed" outright. The Court of Appeal decision is great news for trans youth, and reiterates that it "was inappropriate for the Divisional Court to provide the guidance" in the first instance.

sophie.pilbeam

That's such amazing news!!!! It was already kinda overturned anyway, but having it official is great.

They certainly fucking are.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 17, 2021, 02:08:22 PM
BELL V TAVISTOCK OVERTURNED AWW YISSSSS
fantastic my twitter feed is full of joy right now I'm very happy for people

Dr Rock

Schrodingers Cat

Can someone just sum up the above court stuff? I get a bit lost about court cases, appeals process, and so on...
What exactly was the original case over, what was being appealed, and what does this mean?

(I know that info will be available elsewhere, but some on here are very good at simplifying complex things and everything else I read, I can't get through the legalese of this stuff!)

buttgammon

Very glad to see sense prevail here. Hopefully this will make life that bit easier for young trans people.

Gusty OWindflap

chveik

peteprodge

A former sitcom writer in the Norfolk area is now receiving medical treatment after hearing today's shocking news.

sophie.pilbeam

Watching these smug, entitled bullies' world collapse around them is so fucking cathartic.