Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

G11nner's erosion eleven: TERF speedrun (career/family skip, any%)

Started by madhair60, September 07, 2021, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: Kankurette on September 18, 2021, 10:51:01 AM
That's reassuring, after all those dickhead TERFs on Twitter bragging about how un-woke their kids are.

Some of those anecdotes look like "And everybody clapped" tier nonsense, but even if a few are real, they're contextualised as "my kids are going against the grain" (ie. They're out of step with most youth culture), and also there are plenty of kids that act like little shits for shock value, but don't hold onto those "beliefs" as they grow up, especially in the face of peer pressure.

An tSaoi

MojoJojo

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 18, 2021, 04:28:35 PM
I think LGB Alliance are using the new definition for free speech, where it has nothing to do with the state interfering with what you say, but rather it just connotes that the person being referenced is a hateful ding-dong with extreme rightwing views, who appeals exclusively to rotten cunts.

It's an old grift. George Lincoln Rockwell, founder of the American Nazi Party, generated  a lot of donations by claiming his free speech was being suppressed when he wasn't allowed to give talks at universities. A lot easier to ask for money as a victim than a hateful bigot.

He's been imitated, and it's arguable that some hateful figures actively want to get banned from talking as they make more money that way.

I don't think Graham has the charisma or the coherence of thought to pull it off, but I suspect LGB Alliance have it in mind. There's some suggestion they have backing from the US right, isn't there.

(this is half remembered stuff from the Behind the Bastards podcast)

idunnosomename

Quote from: An tSaoi on September 18, 2021, 05:04:54 PM
Graham Linehan is British. We've decided. Please don't mislabel him.
does this mean he's transnational?

An tSaoi

JamesTC

Barry Admin

Quote from: MojoJojo on September 18, 2021, 05:14:41 PM
It's an old grift. George Lincoln Rockwell, founder of the American Nazi Party, generated  a lot of donations by claiming his free speech was being suppressed when he wasn't allowed to give talks at universities. A lot easier to ask for money as a victim than a hateful bigot.

Interesting stuff, thanks.

Marion Millar does the same sort of shit, of course: temporarily removes her twitter account every few days, so that she gets thousands more in donations to her, for her "legal team."

An tSaoi

Quote from: JamesTC on September 18, 2021, 05:20:23 PM
I hope he gives the crowd an update on Pope Ted.

"You address me by my proper gender you little bollocks!"

sophie.pilbeam

New post about how Stephanie Hayden is too litigious. Is he dense and lacking self-awareness? Yes! However, he's also obviously jealous that his I'LL SEE YOU IN COURT grandstanding has gone nowhere.

Barry Admin

What's he talking about in the last paragraph?  Didn't this guy used to write for a living?

Quote from: LinehanIt may have been buried a bit in our article about James Billingham but it bears repeating that Stephanie Hayden has launched a new legal case against Louise Moody despite failing to comply with court directions in the case he launched against me.

How is Hayden allowed to manipulate and mock the legal system in this way? Is there really nothing that can be done about it?

Louise, I hope this information is of use to your legal team.

What information?  And more shit about fucking "legal teams", Jesus wept, terfs really are pompous cunts.

Jumblegraws

The bit about Hayden not complying with court directions is the "information" I think, but I'm high as fuck

Cold Meat Platter

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on September 18, 2021, 08:05:21 PM
The male equivalent of a 'Karen' is a 'Graham'.
I've tried to get this one going but no one else seems to agree lol

retsuza

Quote from: An tSaoi on September 18, 2021, 05:04:54 PM
Graham Linehan is British. We've decided. Please don't mislabel him.

No offense to the Brits in here but anybody this obsessive about being transphobic is definitely British

Also: https://twitter.com/lunch_enjoyer/status/1270722871359180802?s=19

buttgammon

I propose a straight swap: Linehan is considered exclusively British, and I get my Irish citizenship expedited.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: buttgammon on September 18, 2021, 10:49:00 PM
I propose a straight swap: Linehan is considered exclusively British, and I get my Irish citizenship expedited.

Deal. We'll even throw John Bruton into the bargain.

Ferris

Quote from: retsuza on September 18, 2021, 10:45:45 PM
No offense to the Brits in here but anybody this obsessive about being transphobic is definitely British

Also: https://twitter.com/lunch_enjoyer/status/1270722871359180802?s=19

He holds British citizenship per companies house. It's what you'd expect for someone who lives in the UK for a very long period of time.

buttgammon

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on September 18, 2021, 10:50:33 PM
Deal. We'll even throw John Bruton into the bargain.

Even better (he'd be chuffed with it too to be fair).

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 18, 2021, 10:54:39 PM
He holds British citizenship per companies house. It's what you'd expect for someone who lives in the UK for a very long period of time.

Finally an immigrant taking British values like obsessive bigotry seriously!

tomasrojo

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 18, 2021, 10:54:39 PM

I think it's not that common for people from Ireland (Republic) to do it, because the UK's Ireland Act in '49 established that people from the Republic would not be treated as foreign, despite leaving the Commonwealth. Basically, it doesn't confer extra benefits on you, unless you want a real knighthood instead of an honorary one, or something like that. Perhaps he does! For services to toilet security or something.

Mister Six

retsuza

The idea of Graham being knighted is so funny to me, maybe because I'm imagining him kneeling in flannel shirt and cum pants.

Sonny_Jim

His latest journalism is basically a Care Quality Commision report about GIDS with bits highlighted.  The comedy arises from the fact that he slowly descends into madness and by the end is just highlighting random words.  This is what the start of it looks like:

And this is the end:

Feck!  Drink!  Audits! March!  September! MARCH!!!

Povidone

PaulTMA

actually cannot handle the cuntfest of the glinner-loving fucks who are somehow connected to me what a vile and toxic mess it all is

sophie.pilbeam

A lot of the "safety issues" the report mentions are the result of the waiting lists being too long.

Graham's commenters are linking to something called The New Gay Liberation Front, which from what I can tell is the exact same thing LGB Alliance, but focused on the US. Literally the first two dot points on their "About" page are "Freedom of Speech" and "Biological Reality".

Quote from: PaulTMA on September 19, 2021, 02:34:56 AM
actually cannot handle the cuntfest of the glinner-loving fucks who are somehow connected to me what a vile and toxic mess it all is

Big mood. I was on Twitter pre-transition and ran a blockchain on Magdalen Berns' followers (when she was still alive), which made my own follower count go down noticeably. Eugh.

Jumblegraws

The Tavistock issue is a big part of Linehan's redemption fantasy. He thought it would be the medical scandal of the century and probably has a file of receipts showing how much he cacked on about it before mainstream news did. I think he's going to be even glummer than usual this next week or so. He's already set himself up for another fall by taking it for granted that Bell's team will get leave to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Or maybe he's already moved on. Never know with these bananacases.

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: Jumblegraws on September 19, 2021, 10:21:48 AM
I think he's going to be even glummer than usual this next week or so. He's already set himself up for another fall by taking it for granted that Bell's team will get leave to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Or maybe he's already moved on. Never know with these bananacases.

Millar's next court appearance is in about a fortnight, too, and she's already lost her house over it.

ETA: Louise Moody's pompously-named "Defend Women's Rights" crowdfunder has also been shut down and the money refunded. Cackling like a witch right now (a proper one, not Marion Millar).

JaDanketies

If Glinner hadn't chucked his career away and had settled for advocating quietly in the background, he could have seriously helped the GCs with their existing apparent financial woes. He might've even been able to be a somewhat public advocate, at protests and everything, but with a quieter and less confrontational public presence.

I know it might be controversial, but I reckon his big mistake was insinuating that countless people were paedophiles because they disagreed with him about trans rights. If he hadn't have done that, Marion Millar might still have her house, and he might still have his wife. Maybe if he'd quit Twitter and dealt with his social media addiction back when everyone said he should. Who could've seen it coming?

idunnosomename

The "protecting children from drugs with harmful side effects" angle would be more convincing to the general public if it wasn't wrapped up with "transgender people are mostly perverted rapists". Because really it just looks like detective Graham and his FairCop mates are Ace Ventura at the end of his eponymous feature.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I love how they take the data point of "teens who go on puberty blockers are more likely to transition fully" and conclude that putting a teenager on puberty blockers effectively Transes them, instead of concluding that those teenagers are, in fact, trans which is why they wanted puberty blockers in the first place. Like it's only controversial if you think that being transgender is a made up condition invented by perverts who want to destroy lesbians and invade women's toilets.