Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:27:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

G11nner's erosion eleven: TERF speedrun (career/family skip, any%)

Started by madhair60, September 07, 2021, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrec

Has she written transphobic stuff before? Is it in the style guide now or what?

JaDanketies

It might be Catherine Bennett, I can't see any recent output from Babs. You can see from the URL 'which bit of women need safe spaces don't men understand' that it was originally intended to be even more inflammatory. A big shame. Is any of the 'old media' woke? Right-wing rags like The Telegraph might have a better output on this issue than the Guardian tbh, what with Richard Madeley talking sense on it.

Kankurette

Quote from: PaulTMA on October 04, 2021, 10:29:00 AM
I saw John Cooper Clarke a few years back and he had some nasty line about not being able to get a hospital bed due to it being full of people receiving gender realignment surgery.  The many pensioners present made approving noises, without laughing.  Was a bit Jim Davidson.
Oh FFS. Another example of a punk turning reactionary. As if it's that easy to get gender reassignment surgery anyway, the waiting lists are notorious. There's a reason why so many trans people either don't bother or just go private.

As a general comment, I am fed up to the back teeth of woke this, woke that, woke the other. Never mind food shortages, driver shortages, fuel shortages, gas prices, COVID, some people are saying that racism is bad and that trans people deserve the same dignity and respect as cis people, let's hyperfocus on that instead. It's so cynical and I feel like a twat for even commenting on it.
Quote from: Small Potatoes on October 04, 2021, 11:41:05 AM
Barbara Ellen, who famously said it's ok for women to hit men and that she's been (chuckle!) "guilty" of doing it to get attention when drunk. A close friend of mine was the victim of some pretty horrific female-on-male DV from his fiancee, and it fucking destroyed him. I've always loathed her for saying that, so I'm not convinced that her takes on sex and gender are as nuanced as they might be.
Domestic violence is SO feminist.

peteprodge

Quote from: PaulTMA on October 04, 2021, 10:29:00 AM
I saw John Cooper Clarke a few years back and he had some nasty line about not being able to get a hospital bed due to it being full of people receiving gender realignment surgery.  The many pensioners present made approving noises, without laughing.  Was a bit Jim Davidson.

Did he have any comment on the hospital beds being taken up by heroin addicts?

buttgammon

Quote from: Jack Shaftoe on October 04, 2021, 11:56:09 AM
Ooh shit, it was Bennett, will amend.

It's easily done, they're practically the same (interminably awful) columnist!

wrec

I just read JCC's autobiography in which he says he hates politics in art, but it was clear he doesn't consider anything he says or does to be at all political. He does come across as reactionary and old-school conventional.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 04, 2021, 11:45:40 AM
It might be Catherine Bennett, I can't see any recent output from Babs. You can see from the URL 'which bit of women need safe spaces don't men understand' that it was originally intended to be even more inflammatory.
Keeping trans people from pissing or shitting in public bathrooms would certainly have kept Sarah Everard from being abducted and murdered by a police officer.

Is she calling for men to be banned from the police force?

damien

The way he starts talking about Matt Lucas on his latest Substack before disappearing mid-sentence behind the paywall notification, reminds me of Partridge talking to Micheal about Bill Oddie then being interrupted by a phone call.

Jumblegraws

Just dropping buy to suggest "cunt's dodecagon bananas" as part of the title for thread twelve. Cheers.

Wicker Shit

Delurking just to mention that when I saw John Cooper Clark at a festival gig a few years ago, he mentioned being close friends with Suzanne Moore, ex of The Guardian.  He said she was "lovely". I remember it clearly because even at the time (pre her meltdown) I thought "No she fucking isn't,  she's an idiot".

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Wicker Shit on October 04, 2021, 12:44:54 PM
Delurking just to mention that when I saw John Cooper Clark at a festival gig a few years ago, he mentioned being close friends with Suzanne Moore, ex of The Guardian.  He said she was "lovely". I remember it clearly because even at the time (pre her meltdown) I thought "No she fucking isn't,  she's an idiot".
Disappointing. Irvine Welsh seems to be mates with Moore too, based on his Twitter. Does she go around collecting ex-rebels and iconoclasts-turned-(icon in the sense of shit paintings in church, not icon in the sense the word is used today)?

Quote from: Jumblegraws on October 04, 2021, 12:43:03 PM
Just dropping buy to suggest "cunt's dodecagon bananas" as part of the title for thread twelve. Cheers.

That's really good.

wrec

New blog post on Marion Millar! Except it's not really. "So, today's latest outrage" is the jaded opening, the outrage in question being "an official NHS account" (it's not an official NHS account) saying terf, yada yada, support Marion Millar.

Dr Rock

Some thoughts for future thread titles.

12th Of Never - Peakening Date Announced
13 Flawed Smelly Haters (ok, not the best)
Unjust 17: Something Something Glinner
99 RacecarBed Terfloons

and so on

Dr Rock

Quote from: Jumblegraws on October 04, 2021, 12:43:03 PM

Just realised 'cunt's gone bananas' fits very well over This Monkey's Gone To Heaven

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Mr dribble-dribble I'm an Idiot Linehan
An official NHS account using a misogynist slur.
(The slur in question is 'TERF')

When Graham used the word 'TERF' 194 times on his own blog, it's presumably isn't a slur.  Like when he titles his posts God Bless Terf Island!, he isn't using it as a slur.  He's appropriating 'I can say it, but you can't'.

What an absolute piece of shit.

EDIT:  Ah it all becomes clear when you realise who's behind that account.  I mean, it's not like Our Graham to hold a grudge and grasp at straws to try and hurt an 'opponent':

Sonny_Jim

Graham, being the tactical mastermind that he is, realised that if he published that post (presumably) libelling Matt Lucas he'd have to 'clean house' first, lest his ramblings end up on Twitter, ironically.

EDIT: Words...

Jerzy Bondov

I'll gladly pay to get on his substack since the money will go to his kids in the divorce

Quote from: PaulTMA on October 04, 2021, 10:29:00 AMI saw John Cooper Clarke a few years back

Didn't we all.
"Ooh, I wonder who the support act is gonna be!"
"I wish I'd looked after me teeeeef"
"Aw, fuck. Not again!"

Putting aside the astonishing hypocrisy of turning off replies for a moment, that Ferguson guy is fucking creepy. He intimates that he has some dirt on Alan D/thewomb's ex-wife, which is clearly horseshit.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Wicker Shit on October 04, 2021, 12:44:54 PM
Delurking just to mention that when I saw John Cooper Clark at a festival gig a few years ago, he mentioned being close friends with Suzanne Moore, ex of The Guardian

They must share hairstyle tips.

frajer

TommyTurnips

That banana gang comment has got to be a CaBber surely. Unless there's somewhere else online where his banana cuntery is discussed.

coinneach

Bit of a cheek for Graham Linehan to ask anyone "Might you be happier if you turned your attention to something else?'

QDRPHNC