Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:34:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

G11nner's erosion eleven: TERF speedrun (career/family skip, any%)

Started by madhair60, September 07, 2021, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrillhome

I wonder where a lot of these comedians are between 'punching down to appeal to an audience', 'punching down because it's MY RIGHT', and genuine terven true believer.

It's really sad, and it puts me off from going to see stand up unless I'm going to see somebody particular. I don't need to pay money to hear a cis man demonise me thanks. I can get that buzz for free by reading the bits of BC's SGB that aren't behind a paywall.

wrec

Quote from: Thrillhome on October 04, 2021, 01:53:47 PM
I wonder where a lot of these comedians are between 'punching down to appeal to an audience', 'punching down because it's MY RIGHT', and genuine terven true believer.

I don't think it's a distinction even worth making, as the result is the same both in terms of how damaging it is and comedically. Also it's such an obviously nastily bigoted and hysterically illogical perspective that it's irrelevant whether they arrived at it because they're a) cunts or b) bananas

retsuza

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on October 04, 2021, 01:08:49 PM
Oh! He's........

As much as I dislike people giving him money, it's cathartic to see him being properly called out. I actually agree with him that you shouldn't direct all your attention into something else when your obsession is certaily not making you happier .. but he should probably listen to his own advice.

frajer

Moley I have banned these chumps but how do I delete comments
Moley everyone can see what they've written and it's clearly NOT THE TRUTH but
Please please can you draw a meme over the top of these comments Moley

Thrillhome

Quote from: wrec on October 04, 2021, 02:02:59 PM
I don't think it's a distinction even worth making, as the result is the same both in terms of how damaging it is and comedically. Also it's such an obviously nastily bigoted and hysterically illogical perspective that it's irrelevant whether they arrived at it because they're a) cunts or b) bananas

Yes you are right. They're still saying it; it doesn't matter if they believe it or not. They're still being bananary cunts.

wrec

Quote from: Thrillhome on October 04, 2021, 02:17:58 PM
Yes you are right. They're still saying it; it doesn't matter if they believe it or not. They're still being bananary cunts.

Anyway I think belief is a bit hard to quantify with thia kind of thing. People convince themselves of illogical things if they're getting something out of it, even if it's just an outlet for rage.

sophie.pilbeam

He can edit posts after he writes them, but that would take too long for something that puts the emphasis on people other than him.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: wrec on October 04, 2021, 02:02:59 PM
I don't think it's a distinction even worth making, as the result is the same both in terms of how damaging it is and comedically.

I kinda feel the same sort of way about Gordon Ramsay people say oh he's such a nice person real life or when he's working with kids, I don't care, he's contributing to a culture, especially bad within culinary circles, that says you have to be a massive angry cunt to be successful and that it's OK to bully people if you can make nice food. Not that Ramsay is a glinner or anything but whether or not he's a nice person irl is irrelevant

retsuza

Quote from: sophie.pilbeam on October 04, 2021, 02:46:48 PM

He can edit posts after he writes them, but that would take too long for something that puts the emphasis on people other than him.

Glinner, a narcissist? Are you sure?

Mister Six

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 04, 2021, 01:01:26 PM
Just realised 'cunt's gone bananas' fits very well over This Monkey's Gone To Heaven

"Cunt Gone Bananas" by the Glinses, from the album Do Little

There was a guy
An Irish guy with insecurity
Got killed by ten million pounds of sludge poured into his brain from TERFs on Twitter
This cunt has gone bananas

The insecure guy
Got memes from a Mole, now there's a hole in this guy
And the carbonara's cold
And if the carbonara's cold, all his allies gonna burn
They'll all take turns
Shut UP, fuck OFF

Rock me, Moley

If trans are right
If trans are right
If trans are right
Then the devil is cis
Then the devil is cis
Then the devil is cis
Then the devil is cis
And if the devil is cis
THEN WHERE IS HELEN?
THEN WHERE IS HELEN?
THEN WHERE IS HELEN?

QDRPHNC

Quote from: retsuza on October 04, 2021, 02:50:26 PM

To be sort of fair to Graham, I'm sure that was made with one of those online layout generator things where the more you type in a given area, the smaller the text gets.

Of course, that doesn't explain why he felt the need to sign the cake in the first place, but...

Also, I find it odd how he takes the high ground about child abuse when he wrote a joke about a man called Peter File, and the most well-remembered thing he ever did was a comedy about the Catholic church.

I don't find it odd really, he just deflects and he's a hypocrite and a liar so it's all perfectly logical actually.

retsuza

Dr Rock

Quote from: Mister Six on October 04, 2021, 02:52:34 PM
"Cunt Gone Bananas" by the Glinses, from the album Do Little

THEN WHERE IS HELEN?
THEN WHERE IS HELEN?
THEN WHERE IS HELEN?

Hahaha especially that bit

Mister Six

Quote from: NeaX on October 04, 2021, 03:35:34 PM
'Achieve Little'

I considered that, and "Dolittle, Achieveless", but thought it might be over-egging the pudding.

FalknerHinton

Mister Six

Are the "10 subscribing" just getting the newsletter and not paying to comment? Or is that Glinner subscribing to 10 other Substacks?

EDIT: I'm assuming this is Substack?

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Mister Six on October 04, 2021, 03:55:48 PM
Are the "10 subscribing" just getting the newsletter and not paying to comment? Or is that Glinner subscribing to 10 other Substacks?

That's him subscribing to other newsletters. The ten in question:

QDRPHNC

It is Substack. I find it very difficult to believe he has over 1000 paying members there and 25 22 20 18 17 on Patreon.

Mister Six

What's the minimum spend on Substack? 8 quid? And what's their cut?

Catalogue Trousers

In other words, Millar isn't specifically just a transphobe, she's also an Islamaphobe. I'd wager a homophobe, a misogynist, a racist, a sexist, and an ableist to boot.

In other words, an equal-opportunities bigot.

Bless.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Mister Six on October 04, 2021, 04:00:09 PM
What's the minimum spend on Substack? 8 quid? And what's their cut?

It's £8 but I think he has a half price offer right now.

After VAT and assuming a substack slice of 20% that £8 reduces to around a fiver. So about £60k PA?

Mister Six

Jesus, that's not bad given how little the cunt actually does on those things.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: FalknerHinton on October 04, 2021, 03:49:39 PM
What, and I cannot stress this enough, the fuck?

He misspelled "The Evil Trans Cabal Who Live in My Mind"

MojoJojo

I suspect - although I have no evidence of this - that he's gifted those paid subscriptions. Substack lets you do that and even has tools for importing email lists from mail chimp or csv.

To be fair that's completely consistent with him making substack paid because of all the trolling he was getting, and also consistent with him having a substack and a patreon.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Mister Six on October 04, 2021, 04:32:25 PM
Jesus, that's not bad given how little the cunt actually does on those things.

I dunno, can you imagine how exhausting it must be? Trying to do a journalism while all covered in stale jizz and fielding a stinking headache from Staniland shrieking penis on the zooms over and over and over?

Ambient Sheep

The Pixies reference has been done before, in thread 7, albeit briefly. :-)

Quote from: PaulTMA on January 09, 2021, 02:36:46 PM
This cunt has gone bananas (x4)
(Rock me, Joe)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CI-WEoFHoY3/