Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:33:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

G11nner's erosion eleven: TERF speedrun (career/family skip, any%)

Started by madhair60, September 07, 2021, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

QuotePrevented Boris Johnson from crashing the UK out of the EU without a deal

lol

QuoteStopped the illegal shut-down of parliament

lol

QuoteProved a second EU referendum is possible

lol

DrGreggles

Quote from: jobotic on September 14, 2021, 08:25:59 PM
There's more there than were in Sheffield for the We Stand With Chubby demo, fair's fair.

They should team up and become a smattering.

Mister Six

Quote from: sophie.pilbeam on September 14, 2021, 08:11:28 PM
Checked out Millar's Twitter (it's back) after reading Better Midlands post, and it turns out she was crowdfunding using a site called Give. Give just cancelled her fundraiser and made a statement:

Millar managed to get the money refunded instead, but:

They have all gone from smug fucks pretending to be the new suffragettes to absolutely shitting themselves so quickly.

So all the TERFs' money is going to a trans charity, Millar is paying them back out of her own pocket, she's selling up her house to do so AND she's been massively humiliated online?

Absolute grade-A result, and entirely self-inflicted, to boot.

jobotic

Quote from: Small Potatoes on September 14, 2021, 08:35:32 PM
I've always really liked the former Plaid Cymru leader, Leanne Wood, and today she proves that she is also still a GBOL:

https://twitter.com/LeanneWood/status/1437860134110236677?s=20

I really don't like some of the replies

No to vaccine passports
@VictorVBrit
·
1h
Replying to
@LeanneWood
Why why why is everything'far right' to you?  I respect all rights but I don't want 6'3" Steve the brickie to wake up in the morning, declare himself female & then share a toilet with my 13 year old daughter ....that's why I care!!! 

Not far-right though.

Quote#NoVaccinePassports. Army Vet #Brexit. #MAGA #DefundtheBBC #BuyBritish  #AbolishSennedd.

Has a yellow star with "Corona App" written on it as his avatar.

Been said before, but these are your people now Graham. You cunt.

Milo

I know a lot of the self-id stuff revolves around living as the gender you identify as but is there a statement in law regarding what that means in practice? How much of the silly bother could be avoided by having gender neutrality in everything as the default?

Zetetic

Arguably (legal) self-ID doesn't have much to do with "living as the gender you identify as" and has vanishingly little to do with access to bathrooms or refuges.

There is guidance from a decade ago on how to apply the Equality Act that both recognises the relevance of "the likely impact on other service users" and emphasises that you can't just discriminate against people that (you think) are transgender for a laugh.

QuoteHow much of the silly bother could be avoided by having gender neutrality in everything as the default?
There are almost no "single-sex" facilities already, of course, and those that do exist with good reason - because we cannot get disappear the experiences, trauma and reactions of women abused by men in situations and ways where gender was relevant, for example -  almost all already exercise their own policy of self-id - because there is no practical alternative.

Milo

That's quite a thought-provoking document, thanks. Interesting that it really goes into all service users reasonable needs. There's an implication there that a person might have an unreasonable need for excluding someone from a particular space as well as a reasonable one, and that should be balanced with another's reasonable or unreasonable need to access said space.

Good thought alignment thing.

Edit to add: and it also, deliberately, slots in the ubiquitous concept of 'reasonable' in law. Which in the wider context here would be 'are people's fears about trans women accessing women's spaces reasonable'? Rhetorical question, they're clearly wildly over the top in the context of this thread.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Milo on September 14, 2021, 10:13:01 PM
I know a lot of the self-id stuff revolves around living as the gender you identify as but is there a statement in law regarding what that means in practice?
In Ireland, the Gender Recognition Act permits individuals to apply for a gender recognition certificate, the effect of which is to legally change their gender from their birth gender to their preferred gender. Applying involves sending a copy of your birth certificate, proof of residency in Ireland and a statutory declaration witnessed by a peace commissioner, notary public, commissioner of oaths, or solicitor, stating that you understand the legal ramifications of changing gender alongside your application form to Client Identity Services (part of the Department of Social Protection) in Leitrim.

If your application is successful and you receive your gender recognition certificate, you can then apply to be entered on the Gender Recognition register.

Once you're entered on the register, you can then apply for a revised birth certificate.

If you are aged 16 or 17, you can also apply for a gender recognition certificate but the process involves a court order, your parents/guardians, your primary medical practitioner, and an endocrinologist or psychiatrist who has no connection to you and who has to agree with your primary medical practitioner that you are transgender and you understand the ramifications of legally changing your gender.

Milo

That sounds like a reasonable bar to jump to stop most pranksters and dodgepots doing it. Just checked and it's the same retirement age for men and women in Ireland so couldn't have used it to retire early. I wonder if that's why they expedited equalising retirement ages in the UK, they realised they could end up with people legally changing gender to get their pension five years earlier.

Quote from: Milo on September 14, 2021, 11:04:54 PM
That sounds like a reasonable bar to jump to stop most pranksters and dodgepots doing it.
Yeah it's not this fucking, 50c rubber stamp like TERFs think it is.

idunnosomename

it takes like 5 and half hours to get from Norwich to Cardiff (road or train, latter you have to go via London and change Liverpool St to Paddington). wonder if any TERF put are ogre up or he really went for it today

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: Kankurette on September 14, 2021, 03:48:00 PM
Sore wa chigau yo, Graham.

(Madhair is probably the only one in this thread who will get the reference but ehh)

Quote from: madhair60 on September 14, 2021, 03:53:34 PM
puhuhuhu~

Bananagoneronpa

reality slips far away
banana comes alive, we start to cunt
career is no more, wife closed the door
as he drifts from where he was before

I'd do more but I'm stuck on how to insert carbonara and cum on his jeans references to the rap in a way that flows right.

chveik

Quote from: Better Midlands on September 14, 2021, 08:00:15 PM

i had a look

QuoteI wish JK Rowling would bung her a few quid.

Quotewish JK Rowling would just give her the money.

never gonna happen you thickos

Kankurette

Quote from: Mister Six on September 14, 2021, 09:47:46 PM
So all the TERFs' money is going to a trans charity, Millar is paying them back out of her own pocket, she's selling up her house to do so AND she's been massively humiliated online?

She made her bed. She can fucking lie in it.

JamesTC

madhair60

frajer

Yeah. Feels like the inevitable conclusion to a documentary series 'When Hateful Idiots Grift.'

Also the idea that these people somehow think JK Rowling is "one of them" is disturbing in its naivety. She clearly shares their views but also clearly wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

buttgammon

Quote from: frajer on September 15, 2021, 08:40:51 AM
Yeah. Feels like the inevitable conclusion to a documentary series 'When Hateful Idiots Grift.'

Also the idea that these people somehow think JK Rowling is "one of them" is disturbing in its naivety. She clearly shares their views but also clearly wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

I still sometimes wonder if she even knows who Linehan is.

JaDanketies

perhaps JK Rowling isn't willing to throw her reputation in with what may not actually be a miscarriage of justice and what may actually be unhinged fash harassing gay men

Yeah I'm pretty sure JK Rowling has people around her advising her to keep her head down for now (given the backlash that the new Harry Potter game is getting, i.e. if she looks like too much of a hateful bigot it's going to lose her money).

I can't really celebrate Millar apparently losing her house (don't worry, this isn't going to turn into one of those threads) because I feel like she's been rinsed by her "legal team".[nb]Unless no such team exists and it's pure grift on her part.[/nb] From what I can tell, even if she's found guilty the most likely outcome is that she'll have to pay a fine.[nb]Unless she did something really heinous that we don't know about.[/nb] Is retaining a solicitor to look at the offending tweets and advising her of what to do really worth £150,000?

Pimhole

Quote from: Mister Six on September 14, 2021, 09:47:46 PM

No, Millar gets to keep or refund the donations. The donations do not go to charity, only the fees earned by the host company.

"Millar just said her legal team never received a penny"

oh okay then it is all a grift, either on Milllar's part or her legal team's part

Alberon

We're almost a third of the way through this chapter of the thread in just about a week.

It does feel like things are coming to a head again just like it did before Twitter broke up with Linehan, though. Wonder if Bananacunt is trying to get arrested before this trial is over?

Pimhole

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 15, 2021, 09:08:05 AM
"Millar just said her legal team never received a penny"

I'm currently marvelling at how many of them completely fail to reflect on that, yes.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 15, 2021, 09:00:42 AM
I feel like she's been rinsed by her "legal team".[nb]Unless no such team exists and it's pure grift on her part.[/nb] From what I can tell, even if she's found guilty the most likely outcome is that she'll have to pay a fine.[nb]Unless she did something really heinous that we don't know about.[/nb] Is retaining a solicitor to look at the offending tweets and advising her of what to do really worth £150,000?

Spot on, I was thinking the same thing - seems like she's engaged unnecessarily expensive legal representation on the hope of the fees being raised by crowd funding.

Sonny_Jim

He's probably furiously jealous that a women is receiving more attention than him, so decided to amp things up a bit.  I did notice he posted a piece on Norm Macdonald, although it took less than a hour for a commenter to make the link to 'Trans people bad'

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trans-rights-bill-1.4113455

EDIT:  Being dumb, what is a ***t***?  Postman?

Zetetic

peteprodge

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on September 15, 2021, 10:00:42 AM
EDIT:  Being dumb, what is a ***t***?  Postman?

A person born when their mother was not in wedlock.