Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

G11nner's erosion eleven: TERF speedrun (career/family skip, any%)

Started by madhair60, September 07, 2021, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

idunnosomename

It is truly Kafkaesque to be charged for being rude to a copper when you've done nothing wrong. What a time we live in.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Better Midlands on September 15, 2021, 10:15:49 AM

There never were any charges related to the fucking ribbon. How would the photo of the ribbon and more notably, the address written on the tweet, that could indicate a threat of stalking or worse, be homophobic of transphobic communication? She was probably questioned about the tweet, and she wasn't stupid enough to say 'yes, me scare him that i mite stab him haha'

sophie.pilbeam

Love "appear to have been dropped", as if she was being charged over the ribbon in the first place.

The reason they're calling Neil Macdonald is a ***t*** is because he wrote this:

Quote from: ***t***What Kerner and her fellow travelers are arguing is precisely the same brutish, paranoid thinking put forward by those on the Christian conservative right.

Somehow, they see transgender people, who are in fact mercilessly bullied while growing up and are often grappling with despair and confusion about how they fit in, as threats.

They are not threats. They are the threatened, for heaven's sake. And my guess is they absolutely understand the fear of being raped.

Dr Rock

Pisses me off that Linehan has used an abominable Moley (I assume) photoshop superimposed with Norm making an observation about "cis" as a term. The man's not cold yet, you admit you never met him, stop trying to posthumously enrol him in your shitty crusade, you greasy, unwashed cunt.

boki

JaDanketies

Quote from:  Norm MacdonaldSo I won't do those jokes [about transgender people] anymore. Which is fine, because the reason I didn't do the joke on the special is because I came to an understanding that other people came to much sooner than I did. Which is that a lot of people are idiots. You don't want to have a joke be misunderstood and then someone goes and beats up a trans person.

I'm worried that someone might get hurt, not offended. I know other comedians that go, "If the joke is funny, I don't care if someone gets beat up." I don't care if the whole world laughs: If someone gets beat up over a joke of mine, what was the point of doing it? Really it's my own fault if someone had ambiguity or felt any pain on behalf of my jokes. That means I didn't communicate the joke clearly or properly.

Source

JamesTC

JaDanketies

Quote from: JamesTC on September 15, 2021, 10:46:09 AM
The quote is real but it is framed in a context that makes him look transphobic. From the rest of the video he isn't a TERF.

When Norm was talking about his jokes being misunderstood by idiots....

jobotic

Maybe they could have a pile onto his brother the day after he died - would be par for the course for these scum.

https://twitter.com/maggie_xer/status/1437915528769724418?s=19

QuoteMy story, re #Glinner, & my #GrahamLinehanIsVile & #GlinnerisVile tweet, which resonated. MY story. Not his.

I was a trans ally, or so I believed. And then? I read a thread re an infamous Canuck trans woman, who seemed overly fixated on cis girls. /1

This person welcomed controversy. Clearly has problems. Still does. But. Seemed to THRIVE on it. I was violently sexually assaulted (cis man), as a kid, by someone who resembled her, loosely. I freaked out. /2

Still an ally, I contacted a respected Canuck trans woman, involved in politics. I asked, "What can I do?". She had good ideas, as also worried re this person (NOT because trans). I then spoke to an alleged victim. /3

Whilst still a trans ally, I turned to the person I'd heard was as a HUGE advocate of women's rights (didn't know of him, at all). #Glinner. I told him I was a trans ally, but was afraid of this TW. Please help! Graham was kind. He respected my views. Directed me. Was gentle. /4

I became increasingly close to him, in terms of trust. He KNEW how I felt, as a traumatized woman. He GOT IT. I became fixated on this Canuck trans woman. I turned to the GCers, who were like a warm bath. I wrote against trans people. My close TW friends were horrified & hurt. /5

Graham was my ROCK. And, when the Canuck trans woman cyber-stalked me, he was my FRIEND. He was who I could trust. He DEFENDED (cis) women, especially traumatized ones. CLEARLY trans people were BAD. /6

Then many things happened, including #Glinner very publicly defending me, interviewing me, counseling me. Whilst I was a major part (founder) of a GC Canuck coalition of cis women, it was Graham who was the one I most trusted. We shared trans friends, so ok! We were great! 🙄 /7

When, FINALLY, I came to my senses, and left the GC cult, it took MONTHS to disengage from Graham. I emailed him, actually distraught that I was severing our connection, despite despising all things GC. Because? HE was IT. HE was the LEADER of this shite. /8

His pull? His influence? I GET that he's now a joke to many, but please know that it was #Glinner who kept me in the heinous #GC cult. It wasn't until he sent me a "f*ck you, traitor" email that I could finally let go. It's a cult. And it's POWERFUL. Truly. /9

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 15, 2021, 10:50:44 AM
When Norm was talking about his jokes being misunderstood by idiots....

Oh yeah, I had seen the Merchant interview and knew there was no malice in what Norm was saying. And surely Linehan and the putrescent Moley know that too, but it doesn't stop them taking that out of context to make it seem he's "just saying what we're all thinking". Fucking loathsome.

pigamus

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: Small Potatoes on September 15, 2021, 11:06:01 AM
Oh yeah, I had seen the Merchant interview and knew there was no malice in what Norm was saying. And surely Linehan and the putrescent Moley know that too, but it doesn't stop them taking that out of context to make it seem he's "just saying what we're all thinking". Fucking loathsome.

These are the same people who decided that Terry Pratchett was a transphobe, and tried shouting down his friends, collaborators and daughter when they said otherwise. They're complete monsters.

(ETA: The Pratchett thing? Last month. Things would completely fuck up anyone else's reputation long-term become ancient history so quickly with these people because they never stop sinking lower and lower).

phantom_power

Quote from: JamesTC on September 15, 2021, 10:46:09 AM
The quote is real but it is framed in a context that makes him look transphobic. From the rest of the video he isn't a TERF.

Yeah they both just come across as a couple of older men who are struggling to understand current thinking. They are trying to though, and are trying not to cause offence, so definitely not TERFs, as they don't even try and are happy to cause offence

JaDanketies

Quote from: phantom_power on September 15, 2021, 11:35:39 AM
Yeah they both just come across as a couple of older men who are struggling to understand current thinking. They are trying to though, and are trying not to cause offence, so definitely not TERFs, as they don't even try and are happy to cause offence

Norm even has the insight to say he wishes there was an LGBT person there, and  to question why they're even talking about it.

Gambrinus

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 15, 2021, 12:09:18 AM
it takes like 5 and half hours to get from Norwich to Cardiff (road or train, latter you have to go via London and change Liverpool St to Paddington). wonder if any TERF put are ogre up or he really went for it today

I used to do this quite a bit and it's a right ballache going across London. Not worth it for a weekend, in my opinion.

Bigfella

Can we please bestow an award to the person who, a few pages back, posted a picture of Bigfoot under the lumbering Glinster?

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Gambrinus on September 15, 2021, 11:46:11 AM
I used to do this quite a bit and it's a right ballache going across London. Not worth it for a weekend, in my opinion.
Career, family, marbles? Sure, who needs 'em. But I draw the line at changing trains in London.

"Vile Bigot" Graham Linehan Legal Defense Fund: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-graham-linehan-defeat-himself

QuoteOnce a successful comedy writer, in recent years Graham has given up his livelihood, his personal life, and his composure to fight the most dangerous of all contemporary foes: gender-neutral facilities. While others have suggested that such developments are "fine," "not a big deal," "probably sensible, like from a disability standpoint also," or even "good," one man alone has done the hard but necessary work of staying up until 4am, most nights, to post insulting remarks on teenagers' social media accounts.

Hope of Avalon

I just wanted to say thank you to the regular posters in this thread, it has really helped keep me sane (as a UK-based trans person) over the last couple of years of this cunt going bananas.

QDRPHNC

He looks like one of those people who looks like they smell. I don't want to say "of wee", that's too easy.

What does Graham smell like? I'm going to assume there's a base layer of the Drakkar Noir from two days ago, but a lot has happened since then. And why is L. Fox the same way? Why does being anti-woke make a person clammy? Questions.