Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:27:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Holden Girls: Mandy & Myrtle

Started by sevendaughters, September 08, 2021, 11:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

Big Top star Amanda Holden teams with modern Falstaff Leigh Francis to create...

...what some people (on Twitter) are already calling the worst sitcom of all time.

Anyone seen this E4 treat?

metaltax

Looks like a reanimated corpse.

(And Leigh Francis doesn't look much better etc.)

olliebean

I'm sure it has its audience, but I've rarely been so certain that something wasn't for me.

buttgammon

It was extensively plugged while I was watching the Paralympics, so I've seen the trailer enough times to feel I've already suffered enough. Therefore, although I have a morbid fascination with exceptionally bad TV, I'm not even going to dip in for two minutes to rubberneck.

Cuellar

I'm finding that increasingly there are lots of things I don't understand

Brundle-Fly

I'm not watching unless the granny unexpectedly swears a lot or at the very least does a rap with some overtly sexual dance moves.

Tony Tony Tony

Reviews of the show are thin on the ground, but very much a mixed bag... reviewer liked it with reservations, viewers very much marmite.

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/tv/the-holden-girls-review-amandas-a-hoot-but-leigh-francis-lets-the-series-down/

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/tv/the-holden-girls-review-amanda-holden-wont-be-happy-with-fans-verdict/

For myself I have only caught the trailer which was enough for me, as I have an aversion to La Holden on account of having bumped into her at Heathrow.

I won't repeat my nonecdote here as I have posted it previously, suffice to say she was being insufferable to CaB fave, and all round good egg, Les Dennis   

dissolute ocelot

Saw the trailer about 500 times without realising it was supposed to be a sitcom or that was Leigh Francis. Just assumed it was another show about people I've never heard of (usually from Essex or Chelsea) doing mundane shit. Annoying woman living with her mother? Yup, sounds like the sort of show E4 or ITV2 would throw on.

jobotic

Thought about watching this but then remembered that I'm not a fucking imbecile.

DrGreggles

I have a juicy Holden story, but I'll tell it at the next meet.
Won't post it here, just in case.

olliebean

Just realised the title is a pun on "The Golden Girls," undermined by the pointless addition of "Mandy & Myrtle". So there you go: even the title manages to fuck up a joke.

sevendaughters

I watched the first episode of this. It isn't that bad. Totally one note but some good lines. Can't imagine it as a series as it feels like a slightly elongated sketch. Million miles off Derek-tier, and Amanda Holden plays straight very well.