Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:41:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Blue Peter except it's Star Trek: The Next Generation

Started by popcorn, September 08, 2021, 02:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

PICARD: Make it so.
WORF: Aye sir

(as it's now Star Trek: The Next Generation instead of Blue Peter)

Chollis

O'Brien makes a Jeffries Tube out of cardboard and sticky-back plastic.

popcorn

Quote from: Chollis on September 08, 2021, 03:13:04 PM
O'Brien makes a Jeffries Tube out of cardboard and sticky-back plastic.

those things aren't in Star Trek (which is what Blue Peter now is) so nope wouldn't happen

Lemming

Quote from: popcorn on September 08, 2021, 03:14:02 PM
those things aren't in Star Trek (which is what Blue Peter now is) so nope wouldn't happen

O'Brien replicates cardboard and sticky-back plastic out of photonic energy, and then assembles them into a Jeffries Tube.

Fambo Number Mive

Wesley is denied a Blue Peter badge for the 188th week running.

Replies From View

There's a blue peter dog and you know what happens in star track next generation?  well that happens

kind of like when family guy does references.  it's well funny mate

popcorn

Quote from: Lemming on September 08, 2021, 04:13:39 PM
O'Brien replicates cardboard and sticky-back plastic out of photonic energy, and then assembles them into a Jeffries Tube.

well all right, but if he does this it's only because that's what he does in Star Trek: The Next Generation, which is what Blue Peter now is, in this scenario. it would be nothing to do with Blue Peter, just a total coincidence, as Blue Peter has ceased to exist and now it's Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Lemming

Troi and Data beam down to a planet which appears to be alive, and refuses to let them leave! There is no mention made of Blue Peter or anything relating to Blue Peter, given the change in direction that Blue Peter has taken (ie fully becoming Star Trek: The Next Generation).

However, the show is still called Blue Peter, right? With the same theme song and everything? But when the theme song ends, we find ourselves on the bridge of the Enterprise, because the actual content has transformed into that of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

popcorn

Quote from: Lemming on September 08, 2021, 04:50:49 PM
Troi and Data beam down to a planet which appears to be alive, and refuses to let them leave! There is no mention made of Blue Peter or anything relating to Blue Peter, given the change in direction that Blue Peter has taken (ie fully becoming Star Trek: The Next Generation).

This is all OK, though I'm not saying they could never mention Blue Peter or anything related to it, no moreso than they could never mention Pink Floyd or bins, unless this is a rule of the Star Trek universe (?)

QuoteHowever, the show is still called Blue Peter, right? With the same theme song and everything?

TBD

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on September 08, 2021, 04:55:57 PM
This is all OK, though I'm not saying they could never mention Blue Peter or anything related to it, no moreso than they could never mention Pink Floyd or bins, unless this is a rule of the Star Trek universe (?)

Do current Blue Peter episodes mutate into already-existing Star Trek Next Generation episodes, or brand new ones?  If they are brand new ones what determines the rules of what can or cannot occur within the episodes?  Why no sticky backed plastic, for example, or standing around crafting stuff, or burying time capsules and dead pets?

Surely it would be fine to visit an alien planet and do a précis on what bungee jumping is?

popcorn

I've never really watched Star Trek btw so I am trusting you all to get these details for Blue Peter except now it's Star Trek: The Next Generation correct. thanks.

earl_sleek

Deanna and Konnie have a lovely kiss and cuddle in the sonic shower.

idunnosomename

Welsey Crusher pisses all over the floor and O'Brien slips in it

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on September 08, 2021, 05:00:14 PM
I've never really watched Star Trek btw so I am trusting you all to get these details for Blue Peter except now it's Star Trek: The Next Generation correct. thanks.

hi you need to revisit my post and answer it more thoroughly, cheers

you already said that nobody would be standing around crafting anything, so you are clearly some kind of closet expert on this stuff

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 08, 2021, 04:33:01 PM
Wesley is denied a Blue Peter badge for the 188th week running.

Later he sees it sitting on a chair but as he reaches out to grab it, a naked Riker leaps onto the chair (sitting the wrong way round natch) and slowly grinds his arse all over the badge, all the while grinning.

Lemming

Quote from: popcorn on September 08, 2021, 05:00:14 PM

Just think of basically any sci-fi scenario you can imagine and it's been done in Star Trek. If you say "remember the one where [story idea here]", you can carry an entire conversation with Star Trek fans and they'll never catch on to the deceit.

"Remember the one where they all de-aged?"
"Remember the one where they met themselves in the future?"
"Remember the one where they they all turned into pure energy?"

popcorn

ah OK so in that case "the one where they all made Tracy Island out of bog roll tubes" should be fine then.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 08, 2021, 05:03:06 PM
Riker's watching

While telling us all about recycling rates on different planets. The showerers are just off camera, but we can see his eyes keep moving from the camera to them and back.

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on September 08, 2021, 05:12:11 PM
ah OK so in that case "the one where they all made Tracy Island out of bog roll tubes" should be fine then.

now he tells us

Lemming

Quote from: popcorn on September 08, 2021, 05:12:11 PM

Ah, that'd be DS9's "Tube and Tubeability" - one of my favourites!

Fambo Number Mive

I enjoyed the opening episode of Voyager where they got stuck in the Delta Quadrant but Christopher Trace gave them enough sticky backed plastic and pipecleaners to build a working wibble drive to get them the 10,000 light years back home, getting back in time for tea and potato printing with their new friends Neelix and Kes.

Glebe

PETER PURVES: Over to John Noakes now, who has previously risked life and limb by climbing Nelson's Column and is aiming to top that by getting assimilated by the Borg! Over to you, John!

FORMERLY JOHN NOAKES: 'John' is no more. I am Johncutus of Borg. Surrender or die, human.