Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:51:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory social care plans

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 08, 2021, 04:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 08, 2021, 05:57:07 PM
I see Amazon have paid £492m in UK tax on sales of £20.6bn. Looks like we could get a lot more money out of the likes of them without squeezing the working and lower middle class.

Amazon will donate to the political parties to avoid that. If that doesn't work (which it does) they just threaten to move their operation somewhere else.

Or they could have former ministers as staff. Doesn't former deputy prime minister Nick Leg work for Facebook now?

jobotic

You don't fix social care until you take it out of the hands of the parasite companies the were gifted it when it was stolen from local authorities (often with their help).

Who's going to do that? Starmer?

Cloud

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 09, 2021, 08:53:42 AM
It's not the majority who do - in the last election only 43.6% of those who voted voted for the Tories (in fairness only 32.1% of those who voted voted for Labour). Turnout was 67.3%. I make that 29.34% of the voting age public who voted for the Tories in 2019.

I think part of the issue is getting the just under 1/3 of the country that doesn't vote, and that FPTP allows an 80 seat majority for a party so few people voted for.

You know what I mean. It's probably proportionate, as I'm sure wouldn't come under question if the other side had won

It just doesn't seem likely that every non voter would've voted Labour.