Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:52:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Janey Godley, Scottish Neoliberal Party jester!

Started by Rizla, September 08, 2021, 05:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProvanFan

Quote from: Rizla on September 08, 2021, 07:18:23 PM
"Gie's Peace". No naw, "gie's" a country that doesn't have the worst drugs death rate in europe and child poverty statistics that'd make a tory blush, you clueless technocratic fucking centrist lying moneyspunking cunts.

Gies that throbber with the hair who stood in Edinburgh Central

canadagoose

I don't find her as funny as some do, but she seems to be decent on Twitter. I know she's trying to be a bit like everyone's aunty in this, I'm not sure how it will go down with the normals. No doubt we'll find out soon.

canadagoose

Also in terms of the politics, I can't deny that the SNP do seem to play on notions of national identity with their campaigning, but it's not that surprising. I honestly think the whole country is stuck until some kind of resolution to the independence issue; people don't seem to want to move until then. Thank fuck Alba are a busted flush at least. I do also find it galling that the unchallenged dominance of the SNP gives dribbling colitic anuses like Jim Slav(er)in an opportunity to pitch his own politics as a fair alternative. Get him right to fuck.

jobotic

Rizla

Quote from: ProvanFan on September 09, 2021, 01:02:48 AM
Gies that throbber with the hair who stood in Edinburgh Central
I assume you're talking about the filmmaker/satirist Bonnie Prince Bob. I take it you disapprove of this individual? Not a fan of his work? Do you believe that he should have stayed out of it and allowed Angus Robertson to take the seat uncontested? Do you think people like Bob should, in general, keep out of politics and leave it to the professionals?

canadagoose

Quote from: Rizla on September 09, 2021, 03:16:21 PM
I assume you're talking about the filmmaker/satirist Bonnie Prince Bob. I take it you disapprove of this individual? Not a fan of his work? Do you believe that he should have stayed out of it and allowed Angus Robertson to take the seat uncontested? Do you think people like Bob should, in general, keep out of politics and leave it to the professionals?
You are him, aren't you? I bet you bloody are etc etc

ProvanFan

I assume you're talking about the filmmaker/satirist Bonnie Prince Bob. Yes
I take it you disapprove of this individual? Based on his campaign video, assuming it was for real, yes.
Not a fan of his work? I've only seen that one video.
Do you believe that he should have stayed out of it and allowed Angus Robertson to take the seat uncontested? No
Do you think people like Bob should, in general, keep out of politics and leave it to the professionals? No

chveik

"When I hear the word culture, I reach for my gun"

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Rizla on September 09, 2021, 03:16:21 PMDo you believe that he should have stayed out of it and allowed Angus Robertson to take the seat uncontested?

This is the first I've ever heard of Bonnie Prince Bob so I can't comment on him, but I'm not sure how him not standing would have allowed Robertson to take the seat uncontested. Were the Tories, Labour, Greens and Lib Dems not going to stand until Bob turned up for his 363 votes?

lipsink

I am relieved that The Sun finally cares about racism.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: lipsink on September 09, 2021, 04:24:22 PM
I am relieved that The Sun finally cares about racism.

The Sun is going to be going all out stopping the break up of the union; you'll be seeing this a lot; the same drip drip drip they did with Corbyn but many will just ignore that.

I'm pro-union by the way; not a fan of he SNP either but I also not someone that doesn't ignore what the rightwing is up to when it suits.

Beagle 2

She's an unpleasant loudmouth who muscled her way into a niche, somehow. She's got fuck all to do with the left or independence or anyone else but herself.

the hum

Yeah I don't think I've ever found anything she's done remotely funny, but presenting her as a wedge issue in the indy movement is silly.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Beagle 2 on September 09, 2021, 05:14:06 PM
She's an unpleasant loudmouth who muscled her way into a niche, somehow. She's got fuck all to do with the left or independence or anyone else but herself.

The Sun on the other hand have no intentions of their own.  It's the same playbook they are just using their new weapon they worked out was successful against Corbyn.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: the hum on September 09, 2021, 05:26:37 PM
Yeah I don't think I've ever found anything she's done remotely funny, but presenting her as a wedge issue in the indy movement is silly.

Ah that's good because I didn't.

The Sun did if you read the story because they attached her to the SNP.

canadagoose

Because it's The Scum, here's an archive.is link to that article so they don't make any money.

https://archive.is/DQtJo

the hum

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 09, 2021, 05:29:58 PM
Ah that's good because I didn't.

The Sun did if you read the story because they attached her to the SNP.

To clarify, my post was directed at the OP, not you.

Rizla

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on September 09, 2021, 04:13:59 PM
I'm not sure how him not standing would have allowed Robertson to take the seat uncontested. Were the Tories, Labour, Greens and Lib Dems not going to stand until Bob turned up for his 363 votes?
Incorrect phrasing on my part, should have said "left the established parties to contest the seat amongst themselves" or something. But you're right, he may as well have not bothered - don't run as an independent unless you're absolutely sure you have a chance of winning, is surely the lesson here. But we remember the Guardian had his campaign video pulled off YT for some bogus content violation, so he seemed to have put a bit of wind up someone at least.

Quote from: canadagoose on September 09, 2021, 03:48:18 PM
You are him, aren't you? I bet you bloody are etc etc
I wish! He's funny, clever, handsome and sports a full head of lustrous long hair and a fully-functioning foreskin.

Rizla

Quote from: the hum on September 09, 2021, 05:26:37 PM
I didn't present her as that. To me, she represents nothing apart from the paucity of ideas and patronising attitude our government have towards us. And anyway, the SNP doesn't seem interested in independence anymore anyway, apart from as a carrot to get votes.

canadagoose

Well, she's been dropped from drapped fae the Covid campaign now anyway. Pure rid neck for Janey Presumably she'll need to pay the 12k back now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58505151

scarecrow

I would rather people who hold transphobic views stay out of politics.

ProvanFan

Banning the video will just force our kids onto dark web for their Godley fix.